Dear Lloyd

Our resident pinball guru Lloyd Olsen answers Pinside readers questions!

Edit this
Help The Beaver

Letter received on Monday February 16th 2015.

Monday February 16th 2015

Hi Lloyd,

I have a wonderful Data East SImpsons first edition pinball machine. The kids love playing it as I have had it for over 20yrs. I've kept it in great shape until recently the display number lights went out. I can't trouble shoot to know if if it is the display board or the board going to the display. I am not an electrical nut so I don't know how to check what it is. I can buy the display board for $300 but once I install I am stuck with it. The people who sell the board told me to contact you so your name is well respected.

I live in Beaver Dam WI and would love to have someone come and fix the unit as everything else works. This weekend I accidentally made the unit go to pay and without seeing the display I can't change it now to "Free Play" without seeing the display. So now I really need it fixed.

I also have a Whirwind which works great so I need input on who can service these beautiful machines. I can do some work on them but board work is not my specialty.

Anything you can help me with, I'm all ears?

Hello

If anyone in your area can help or knows a good tech, I'll pass the information on to you.

The display, if you have a manual and a meter. You can at least check power to it. Then at least you narrowed down power issue or data.

Thank you,

LTG : )

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-the-beaver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.