Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Pin_Guy
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0312172054 (resized).jpg
    c340a3c9f2afaaa5b6c4a3e5ebe621ec7f4cdde2 (resized).jpg
    1489376668509-1660915842 (resized).jpg
    5V Reference Voltage (resized).jpg
    Missing Pullup (resized).jpg
    Dedicated (resized).jpg
    Pull Ups (resized).jpg
    unpopulated (resized).jpg
    1489269317767-670487181 (resized).jpg
    U15 (resized).jpg
    U16 (resized).jpg
    0311171042 (resized).jpg
    0311171101 (resized).jpg
    0311171101a (resized).jpg
    0311171101b (resized).jpg
    There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago

I think I need to run a jumper on this dashed yellow line? I can see black shit along that lead. No continuity.

c340a3c9f2afaaa5b6c4a3e5ebe621ec7f4cddye2 (resized).jpgc340a3c9f2afaaa5b6c4a3e5ebe621ec7f4cddye2 (resized).jpg

0312172054 (resized).jpg0312172054 (resized).jpg

#52 7 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

I think I need to run a jumper on this dashed yellow line? I can see black shit along that lead. No continuity

Yes, this is the problem, that connection feeds 5V to several other points.

#53 7 years ago

So, run the jumper, get it all plugged in. Doing same thing. Damn it! At least I think it was. Dmd showing clear audits and some bookkeeping message. Think, great... No one is going to want to touch this board with all the jumpers. Decide to test voltage at u16 points you mentioned. 5v at all but one. Because I'm reaching over the machine my meter lead slips and sort of slides across the u16 legs. I then get 12v reads. I slip again because I'm scrunched between two machines and game restarts.... Everything is then fine. Turn game on and off after making some adjustments. Adjustments remain. Cool! Play a few games, turn on and off. Everything is fine.

How many times you going to bail me out in this lifetime Pinguy? Thanks again.

Oh, and start button light now works... Lol.

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

So, run the jumper, get it all plugged in. Doing same thing. Damn it! At least I think it was. Dmd showing clear audits and some bookkeeping message.

That happens anytime the game starts after losing battery power.

Glad you got it working! I'm not saying you should, but if you're going to take your chances by leaving the corroded area, don't forget to mention it if you sell it, assuming it still works by then.

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

Everything is then fine. Turn game on and off after making some adjustments. Adjustments remain. Cool!

Thanks for updating the post, glad to hear you got going again!

Quoted from Djshakes:

How many times you going to bail me out in this lifetime Pinguy?

As many times as it takes, you're jumping in there and learning something everytime; before you know it you'll be the teacher

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-swapped-to-external-battery-holder-and-game-going-nuts/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.