Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jaybird815
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A1CE6652-2743-48BA-A3E3-1B9D42824AFC (resized).jpeg
    359F9477-2201-4524-83FE-7B009DA404D6 (resized).jpeg
    #1 6 years ago

After CAX 2017, my buddy put several of his games in a legit storage unit in San Francisco. Sometime since then the lock was clipped, replaced, and the machine nearest to the hand truck (along with the truck) were stolen. A TON of consoles and games were too, Master System to Dreamcast, and musical instruments. It sucks.

The storage space management and police are investigating, and moving an entire pinball machine outta there would have been tough to hide. But it happened.

I’ve attached images of his game when we moved it to CAX last. I will attempt to find better ones, but my buddy is otherwise occupied for now, obviously. They took a bundle of chrome System 11 legs that don’t match, so it won’t have black legs. It’s a rare game in great shape with full mylar and LEDs.

If you or anyone you know spot this game in California, please PM me to let me know. My buddy is a top notch pinball guy and, as mentioned, CAX contributor. I hope justice will be served. At the very least, a Class reunion is in order.

359F9477-2201-4524-83FE-7B009DA404D6 (resized).jpeg359F9477-2201-4524-83FE-7B009DA404D6 (resized).jpeg

A1CE6652-2743-48BA-A3E3-1B9D42824AFC (resized).jpegA1CE6652-2743-48BA-A3E3-1B9D42824AFC (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

Sorry that sux. Good luck finding it. Check Craigslist.

#3 6 years ago

Terrible to hear and we'll all be on the lookout.

Did you have other pinball machines in your storage space that weren't jacked?

#4 6 years ago

Couple of pins, couple of arcade games were untouched: Moon Patrol, Major Havok, Elvira ATPM, Future Spa.

#5 6 years ago

Son of a bitch! I hate thieves. Lower than dog shit. I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled for this choad.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

After CAX 2017, my buddy put several of his games in a legit storage unit in San Francisco. Sometime since then the lock was clipped, replaced, and the machine nearest to the hand truck (along with the truck) were stolen. A TON of consoles and games were too, Master System to Dreamcast, and musical instruments. It sucks.
    The storage space management and police are investigating, and moving an entire pinball machine outta there would have been tough to hide. But it happened.
    I’ve attached images of his game when we moved it to CAX last. I will attempt to find better ones, but my buddy is otherwise occupied for now, obviously. They took a bundle of chrome System 11 legs that don’t match, so it won’t have black legs. It’s a rare game in great shape with full mylar and LEDs.
    If you or anyone you know spot this game in California, please PM me to let me know. My buddy is a top notch pinball guy and, as mentioned, CAX contributor. I hope justice will be served. At the very least, a Class reunion is in order.

That coin door is going to be the biggest giveaway. Sticks out like a sore thumb. Keep an eye out for that.

#7 6 years ago

Perhaps the machine was moved to a different storage space at the same facility and not yet driven out the front entrance. ???
    Does this storage business facility have cameras aimed down all the driveways within the property and by the main entrance?

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Perhaps the machine was moved to a different storage space at the same facility and not yet driven out the front entrance. ???
    Does this storage business facility have cameras aimed down all the driveways within the property and by the main entrance?

Fingers crossed. It’s a state-of-the art storage facility, with access to the front gate and elevators keyed to your PIN. Even your locker has an alarm when accessed without the PIN in the elevator, but alarms are mostly ignored on weekends. I hope the cameras are good. But yeah seems like a nearby locker owner had to be involved.

#9 6 years ago

They should have it all on camera.

#10 6 years ago

The biggest problem. Its been over 6 months since Cax. Often the memory of these camera servers only keeps data for 30 days, then records the next 30 days.
    We had a similar incident(no pins) at our facility and it only keep data for 2 weeks, it was about week 3 when discovered and cameras had nothing.
    Good luck and we will keep a lookout in so cal. Any other unique things about machine, wear, odd flipper, serial numbers, any other better photos?

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

That coin door is going to be the biggest giveaway. Sticks out like a sore thumb. Keep an eye out for that.

I have never seen a coin door like that one. Thanks for pointing that out.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Euro, must be a re-import.
    So this would have the export game stickers and 220 stamped on rear for euro power in the day.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

The biggest problem. Its been over 6 months since Cax. Often the memory of these camera servers only keeps data for 30 days, then records the next 30 days.
    We had a similar incident(no pins) at our facility and it only keep data for 2 weeks, it was about week 3 when discovered and cameras had nothing.
    Good luck and we will keep a lookout in so cal. Any other unique things about machine, wear, odd flipper, serial numbers, any other better photos?

I’ll update with information as I obtain it. I can definitely get better pictures from the owner this week.

I’m worried about the cameras, too, but the on-site Super was enthusiastic for what it’s worth.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Euro, must be a re-import.
    So this would have the export game stickers and 220 stamped on rear for euro power in the day.

Yes definitely a reimport. German or UK, IIRC from being under the hood. I’ll see what I can turn up on any labeling.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

They're reasonably common on Gottlieb games--quite a few are re-imports have them, especially the rare/popular titles. It's hard to find US style doors, so they don't usually get swapped out.

You don't see the one slot style too much on WPC games in the US. A lot of times, WPC games just used the same US style door and just swapped out the coin plates, or a foreign door had already been swapped out with a US door, since they weren't too hard to obtain.

#16 6 years ago

I will keep an eye out.

The community will help find it.

Sorry about your situation. That is horrible. Rare game for the most part. The community when called upon has found games in similar situations. Perhaps a little incentive will help.

I post a 500.00 Reward for the proper return of this game back to the rightful owner.

Thank you
    Jonathan Demare
    Amusement Services of America
    954-226-2107

#17 6 years ago

A wanted ad on your local Craigslist/FB groups might prove fruitful. If the thief thinks they can make a few bucks the machine might turn up. Even if it's already sold to an unsuspecting buyer you might get it back.

#18 6 years ago

Check Pawn Shops and put them on the watch...

#19 6 years ago

I would also check out local for sale groups on facebook and maybe apps like letgo. Hope you can find it.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

I will keep an eye out.
    Sorry about your situation. That is horrible. Rare game for the most part. The community when called upon has found games in similar situations. Perhaps a little incentive will help.
    I post a 500.00 Reward for the proper return of this game back to the rightful owner.
    Thank you
    Jonathan Demare
    954-226-2107

That is fantastically awesome of you. Thank you — and everyone else — for the advice and potential vigilance I reached out to CAX organizers and local operators today. Who knows, it may yet turn up.

4 months later
    #21 5 years ago

Update: The stolen 1812 has been located by a local operator. Chances are good we'll be bringing it home soon. If there's a juicy story to tell I'll post it here, but I can tell you was the CAX 2017 NOT FOR SALE sticker still on the glass that made the difference, ha! Thanks to the community for rallying behind this.

#22 5 years ago

Update: The stolen 1812 has been located by a local operator. Chances are good we'll be bringing it home soon. If there's a juicy story to tell I'll post it here, but I can tell you was the CAX 2017 NOT FOR SALE sticker still on the glass that made the difference, ha! Thanks to the community for rallying behind this.

Awesome! Looking forward to the deets!

#24 5 years ago

the CAX 2017 NOT FOR SALE sticker still on the glass that made the difference,

These thieves were pretty stupid.

#25 5 years ago

Details, details .

#26 5 years ago

I hope they caught the thieves. Let us know what happened.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

These thieves were pretty stupid.

They usually are .

2 weeks later
    #28 5 years ago

We need an update with cax in 2 weeks.

1 month later
    #30 5 years ago

So what's the story on this now that the search has ended?

2 years later
    #31 3 years ago

Guess we'll never know

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

I will keep an eye out.
    Thank you
    Jonathan Demare
    954-226-2107

^^^^^^^^^

Honest guy here folks!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-stolen-game-class-of-1812-san-francisco-bay-area?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.