3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BE6021DA-134B-467D-81F2-02831EC19EA5 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Okay, if this is posted in the wrong spot I apologize....tried my best to figure out before posting. Here is my issue. I have a Batman 66 Premium Catwoman edition. Great game. I wanted a topper and ultimately acquired the Stern Limited Edition topper - the one with Batman and Robin in the car. In reading/talking with folks it seemed this would work with a few modifications. First, I acquired Stern part number 511-7859-00. This is a board that does not come on the premium version. It does not come with any cables. So.....board was mounted and topper wire harness plugs into the board per instructions - easy. Second, because the board doesn’t come with any cables then there were some cables I had to obtain - so I ordered a power cable for the board plus the network cable and two other cables for the new board. They are all plugged in and seemed like things were a go. But not really. The topper has power and will light up. The bat signal works but its not really distinguishable (ie it’s more like a light on the ceiling than a bat signal). But otherwise it doesn’t really do anything. No flashing lights....nada. The Batman logo will occasionally light up.....occasionally the red light will light up....but Batman/Robin remain dark. So this cannot be right. I had the coin door open earlier and the entire topper light up so I know its not an issue of some bad lights or anything like that. I have Stern toppers for Ghostbusters, Avengers IQ, Guardians, TMNT, and Star Wars and they are all illuminated and acting correctly. This just seems wrong.

So my question is.....anyone ever done this? Possibly there are some other cables that need to be acquired? Maybe this is as good as it gets? Maybe a code issue with running the LE topper on Premium machine?

#2 3 years ago

Well. I think I have it working now. Adjusted a few cables here and there....reset the machine a couple of times. Now the topper appears to be working correctly. My bat signal spotlight needs some adjusting as it is more a spotlight than a bat signal. Not sure how that works just yet but plan to focus on it some tonight. For now it looks pretty dang good in the lineup.

BE6021DA-134B-467D-81F2-02831EC19EA5 (resized).jpegBE6021DA-134B-467D-81F2-02831EC19EA5 (resized).jpeg

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmlockwood:

Well. I think I have it working now. Adjusted a few cables here and there....reset the machine a couple of times. Now the topper appears to be working correctly. My bat signal spotlight needs some adjusting as it is more a spotlight than a bat signal. Not sure how that works just yet but plan to focus on it some tonight. For now it looks pretty dang good in the lineup.
[quoted image]

Damn that's a sweet lineup! Glad you got it working.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmlockwood:

[quoted image]

I initially “Why does he have to GB’s?” Then I realized it was a mirror lol. Great collection!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-stern-batman-66-premium-batman-le-topper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.