Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pintechev
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

When powering on my Star Trek LE the left eject continually cycles until I start a game or open the coin door.

Once in game, shots into that kick out hole will not register and the ball is not released until the game goes into 'ball search' mode.

Anyone else experienced this and/or know how to go about fixing?

Thanks in advance.

#2 8 years ago

FYI, I do remember that the last time I played a game I somehow managed to get two balls stuck into that kick out hole. The kicker had to work overtime to release both balls and upon success the kicker continued to fire throughout the remainder of that ball. I thought I remembered it correcting itself after that, but can't be 100% certain. I actually forgot about it until firing the machine up to play today.

Not sure if that's of any help, but a little more information on the situation.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

When powering on my Star Trek LE the left eject continually cycles until I start a game or open the coin door.
Once in game shots into that kick out hole will not register and the ball is not released until the game goes into 'ball search' mode.
Anyone else experienced this and/or know how to go about fixing?
Thanks in advance.

Based on your description, I would take a look at the switch in the left eject in switch test and see if it registers at all. Not sure that it fully explains the issues you're seeing, but I would start there.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I would take a look at the switch in the left eject in switch test and see if it registers at all.

Make it so.

#5 8 years ago

I'm guessing the switch is "closed"... either because the switch is closed... or there is an electrical issue with the detection of the switch. The Stern Schematics are less than readable imho.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'm guessing the switch is "closed"... either because the switch is closed... or there is an electrical issue with the detection of the switch. The Stern Schematics are less than readable imho.

Closed makes sense because if a ball is locked in the eject and you power off and on again, the first thing the game does on power up is eject the ball. It also explains why shots to that eject hole in gameplay do not register, it cannot sense the ball.

#7 8 years ago

Thanks, all. Sorry for the delayed response. So in switch test the switch was registering fine, but felt a little 'sticky' when returning to the off position. I just this morning ended up taking the entire VUK mechanism off (which contains the switch) and noticed that the cliffy protector I had installed was ever so slightly bent out toward said switch. While in there I just adjusted the switch a bit too. Fired it back up and all seems well after a quick game.

Thanks again! I appreciate the quick responses.

#8 8 years ago

Glad you fixed it! Enjoy the game.

Marc

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-star-trek-le-left-eject-continually-firing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.