Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Lucysuros
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lucysuros.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

hi everyone, got GOTG a few days ago and have been playing like mad. i'm a newbie player/addict. then yesterday my arms started to feel sore. Like where you get carpal tunnel! and when i curl my middle figure to palm, it hurts. i shoot with my middle finger -- is that the wrong way to shoot? is there a right finger to use or just personal preference?? anyone else had this experience?

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from pintechev:

Speaking as a guitarist, it’s usually bent wrists that inflame those tendons. See if you can find a way to keep your wrists straighter when you play. Bends and kinks in your wrist put pressure on the tendons and nerves that go through the tunnel.
    Some Motrin will help reduce the swelling.

This morning when I played, I wore wrist guards and that helped a little. Sounds like which finger doesn't matter as much as keeping wrists straight...thank you!

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

My father uses a wrist brace when he plays. With it he can go 20+ games without a problem, otherwise he's out after 5

sounds like that may be me as well.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from pintechev:

Also, don’t lean on the game when you play. You’re putting your body weight into your wrists when you play. Even if you only weighed 25 pounds, that would be too much for your wrists over that sustained period of time.

Oh, good point. I'll pay attention to that!

1 week later
    #11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

Welcome to the addicti...er... hobby!
    Another way to not get sore playing pinball is try to play more multiplayer games with other people -- builds in natural breaks while you're socializing and waiting for your turn.

Good point! I was going a little crazy with playing single player over and over!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lucysuros.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-shooting-wrong-carpal-tunnel?tu=Lucysuros and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.