(Topic ID: 298025)

Help settle a debate: Would you be satisfied with this mod?

By Haymaker

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Lermods
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you be satisfied with this mod?”

• No, it looks poor and the ball should spin as advertised. I would be disapointed. 51 votes
    80%
  • Yes. It looks really good and the spinning is satisfactory. I'd be perfectly content with this 13 votes
    20%

(64 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 2 years ago

ok, yet again, I will chime in here, but it's getting really old. I offered two solutions for the OP (via PM and in another thread), plus the return option, which I get is not what the op is posting about. The OP has not tried anything I have offered, but repeatedly posts negatively about it.

1. Try adjusting the potentiometer inside the control box. It reduces the sensitivity to light and could keep the mod activated longer so it doesn't have the halting movement the OP shows. The OP did not try this and it may have corrected his issue. Unfortunately, I no longer have the game so I cannot test this.

2. I offered a time-delayed relay board option, which holds the power on for 1-40 seconds. Again, the OP did not take me up on this and I offered to cover shipping and make the swap free of charge.

3. A third option is to use a different insert or even a GI light, which will hold the motor and light on as long as those lights are lit. That's not how it was designed to work, but is an option.

At this point, and I have mentioned this before, we have not received any negative feedback on the performance of this mod outside of this one case and I will not change boards for the entire mod because one or two people have an issue. I also cannot account for code changes. Instead, I would prefer to deal with this on a case-by-case basis, which I have tried to do with the OP. If there are more people unhappy with this because of the code change, we would consider making the time delay relay board standard, but that has not been the case. OP appears not to believe me.

I'll leave it at that and allow my reputation to handle issues speak for itself.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Yes, that was very nice of him. However as I explained, I didn't think it was worth it to uninstall a mod I had just installed, after having to tear into it, resolder the connection that was broken out of the box, and then pay to ship it back. It wasn't until after I politely declined the refund (not refused), that he told me I wouldn't have to pay return shipping.

So are you saying there is a problem with the mod or not? Thats all I want, is you to admit that this mod is faulty in its current state. I do not understand why this is so difficult. Either that, or quit crying when I give the mod a negative review. I will continue to warn people that it is bad, unless you want to admit there is an issue, and either A. correct it the best you can. or B. at the VERY LEAST give future potential customers a heads up that it no longer does what it originally was supposed to do.
You did not "offer me a time delay board" you merely suggested that such a thing exists, but you haven't started putting them in the mod because everybody but me is happy with it. I would happily take you up on that offer if it fixed my issue, and I would urge you to start using it on all future orders.

I agree it is not his fault. It is his fault for not telling customers it doesn't work anymore though.

You're not wrong. I just think it is being sold under shady practices, as I have stated numerous times. Most people are not going to think "Hey, I know, I'll just pry open this control box, fiddle with little dials, and then this mod will work the way its advertised". Small tweaks here and there, sure. How about a heads up that it doesn't do what it is supposed to do anymore before you buy it? I was able to forgive the smashed disco ball, the broken wires, ect out of the box. I'm even able to forgive that I have to modify potentiometers or find an entirely new light source to make it work. All I want is acknowledgment that there is an issue with the product and corrections to be made.

Quoted from Haymaker:

Yep, this is literally the only problem in the situation, I am in complete agreement and I don't know how many times I can say that but still have people overlook it.
I plan on fixing it. The problem is, this issue isn't isolated to just me, this will be anyone's experience who puts it on their game.

How can it be sold under shady practices when there have been no complaints about the mod except from you? You want me to admit there is an issue based on what? Your experience where you didn't even bother to try a solution I offered? Yet somehow my selling tactics are shady and I need to warn everyone? Sorry, but that's not right.

Rather than posting and starting threads, you should have been willing to help troubleshoot so that we could address the issue you were having and prevent others from having your experience, which I think is what you want most. I am 100% positive I could have fixed your issue, either with your current set up or using the time-delay board. If you didn't want to bother troubleshooting, which is very clear you don't, then you should have just sent it back, it takes 5 mins or less to uninstall and I offered to send you a pre-paid return label.

As for the mod arriving damaged (since you keep bringing that up), that is entirely possible and I don't dispute it, we all know how USPS delivers. I apologized for that and offered to swap it out at no cost to you. At this point, I've done everything I can and clearly you won't accept my viewpoint so I will have nothing more to say about this.

1 year later
#79 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I'm getting a Pro and want to add this mod. What do I need to adjust to make the disco ball to spin continuously? Thanks in advance.

If you want it to spin continuously, we would wire the ball without a relay board, would just plug directly into the board by the coin door. Or we could use the relay board and you could adjust it so that it’s always on by turning the adjustment screw on the relay board (I can preset it if you prefer).

I had actually forgotten about this thread and I see no ending was ever provided, thought the OP might have done that. Anyway, I provided the OP with a time delay relay board that holds the disco ball on for X number of seconds so it doesn’t go on and off repeatedly, which addressed his concerns. And for the record, sales of the disco balls have remained strong and I think I’ve had just one customer request a time delay relay board as a result of this (or the other) thread.

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Interesting. I wanted a disco ball mod and caught word that it was stop-go with no solution. I don’t want continuous action throughout all gameplay. I just want it to act basically like the Prem/LE where it kicks on for Disco MB and stays rotating and lit through end of said MB. Obviously being a Pro owner I know there are some concessions that would be made with an aftermarket mod… like if any time the insert lights, that it may trigger the ball and spotlight for a few secs (attract mode, a light show effect mid game…etc), but the main goal is for Disco MB to have a continuously spinning illuminated ball that looks good.
If that’s something that can be done, I’d probably be interested in the mod.

What insert is lit or flashes during disco mb? If it’s the purple insert on the left side by the spinner, our time delay board will hold the disco ball on while it’s lit or flashing and then several seconds after it stops flashing. Any time that insert flashes, the ball will spin for up to 5 secs before it turns off. The delay to turn it off can be set to 1-5 secs. If you want the disco ball with the time delay board, please reach out to me separately. There is more labor and parts involved so it’s more expensive than the stock set up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 64.99
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-settle-a-debate-would-you-be-satisfied-with-this-mod?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.