(Topic ID: 14685)

HELP! Scared Stiff Balls Stuck In The Crate!

By spfxted

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by spfxted
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ss_red.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Hi there. I have a problem. The balls are stuck in the crate! The only thing I noticed when I lifted the playfield (the ONLY thing I know how to do!...ok...I can remove the glass as well) On the right top there is a small board and it has a red light on it. (don't know if that means anything) I can't get in to where the balls are as it seems to be a metal case. Remember, I don't know how to do anything. So if you get involved with helping me...don't get mad.
Thanks!!

#2 12 years ago

The crate assembly is below the playfield, not above it.

#3 12 years ago

Well, the part you want to see, anyways, the part where the balls are. perhaps something is stuck in the crate bracket.

#4 12 years ago

Thanks john...how would I check that?
Yes, I saw the assembly below the playfield, but it seems to be completly encased...like a metal box.

#5 12 years ago

Sounds like the vuk switch might be bad that kicks them out. Do you have any switch errors?

#6 12 years ago

Um, maybe tonight when I get home, you can talk me through how to do that....

#7 12 years ago

Is the ball or balls stuck in the crate or the plugger that kicks them out on playfield. It sounds like the coil is not firing.

#8 12 years ago

Ahhh, good question! When I start the machine...the sign comes on that says Looking For Balls, or something. Then Bam, Bam, Bam, Bam, things start to pop, the coffin lid opens and closes (and screams!)...and then nothing...no balls.

#9 12 years ago

Sounds like either the balls are now flowing to the coil correctly or the coil is not working. My guess is the coil is not working. Run the coil test for that coil and see if you hear it fire...if you do then there is an issue with the balls getting into position and if you hear nothing you issue is with the coil or the wiring for the coil.

#10 12 years ago

Thanks!! Under the playfield top right there is a green board. There is a red light on it. Does this mean anything?? (red usually is bad)

#11 12 years ago

Did you run the coil test? Do that first, don't worry about the board.

#12 12 years ago

Can I actually call one of you after 4:30 and maybe you can talk me through it? (just make believe you're talking to a 12 year old that has no pinball skills)

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks!! Under the playfield top right there is a green board. There is a red light on it. Does this mean anything?? (red usually is bad)

That sounds like the eddy sensor. It's a proximity switch board that recognizes when a ball is over a certain point on the PF. It's used to register hits to the crate. To have it set correctly there should be a tiny adjustable nob that you can adjust with a small Phillips head screwdriver. When it's adjusted. Correctly you twist it till the LED comes on then back it off just a but till the led in unlit. The LED will lite up when a ball is over the PF over the sensor.

#14 12 years ago

I know this doesn't help, Ted but in reply to your thread title. ...

#15 12 years ago

It helped...it made me laugh!

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

spfxted said:

That sounds like the eddy sensor. It's a proximity switch board that recognizes when a ball is over a certain point on the PF. It's used to register hits to the crate. To have it set correctly there should be a tiny adjustable nob that you can adjust with a small Phillips head screwdriver. When it's adjusted. Correctly you twist it till the LED comes on then back it off just a but till the led in unlit. The LED will lite up when a ball is over the PF over the sensor.

Thanks smassa. That's not the board though. The board you are talking about (I think) is in the center by the crate. This board is all the way to the right top, near the edge. (closer to headboard top) I didn't see an adj nob.

#17 12 years ago

This might be the red light I'm talking about. lol...I guess nobody wants me to call them...

ss_red.jpgss_red.jpg

#18 12 years ago

Sooooo...anybody ready to take my phone call later? We can talk pins, films, cigars...and hopefully you can help meeeee...

#19 12 years ago

Send your number to me I will call you around 5. I have about an half hour to kill then. I will see if I can help.

#20 12 years ago

Yay! Thanks!!

#21 12 years ago

THANKS pinballman for helping me out! I thought we had it there. Heaven knows WHAT I did with the solder! I'll keep ya posted as to what happens.

#22 12 years ago

Anybody wanna try and talk me through a diognostic test thingy?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 49.00
£ 37.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 249.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

£ 38.00
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-scared-stiff-balls-stuck-in-the-crate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.