Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150306_145138.jpg
2015-04-17-21-51-42.png
image-69.jpg
image.jpg
245818-i.jpg
20150211_111318.jpg
IMG_1605.jpg
IMG_1603.JPG
IMG_1602.JPG
image.jpg
IMG_1685.JPG
IMG_1684.JPG

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Okay guys we need a bit of room in the truck. I know lets push a carboard box labelled fragile with the ends of the forks on our forklift. What can go wrong?
Seriously how stupid would you have to be to do that? Especially they are strapped to a pallet, put a piece of timber in front of the pallet and push that. Not f...ing hard!!
I swear this world is getting dumber and dumber...

this ^, my ac/dc was harpooned in several places like these pictures ass well luckily it didn't get it.

#52 4 years ago

Hey guys,
I have made it on a few of these similar post. As a few know, I have been in the freight industry for many years. I can answer a few things on how the damage happens. First thing is LTL is fast pace, these guys fly to load stuff as fast as they can...crazy, but time is money...also the more they load, the more goes down the road, the more freight bill out, and in the end a better bottom line...damage happens....often due to this...also these guys have no idea that there is an 8k machine in that cardboard box. Remember the Purolator commercials with people protecting thierselves with cardboard....same theory..you should protect your freight if you ship something...just remember some of these guys are ham fisted aholes that don't care...and have never been made to care...would I of refused the machine....probably not...I would of made a claim...on the spot...the item is insured and you can be compensated...remember this on these sold out le run machines....you might not get another...you can claim almost anything on them....a little patience and they will send a check....The MMR in question could a received a claim that would of been paid of upwards of 2k....possibly more...but that's up to you...I understand you got a new machine and that's exactly what you expect to receive...I don't blame you...but man, its crazy to ship these high dollar games just plain old LTL...you realize that game gets handled over and over before the driver that brings it to you actually has it....sometimes these things can be loaded and unloaded 10 times...LTL works like a relay race...In all, I hope pps makes it right for you..and it sucks the game got damaged. Good luck

#53 4 years ago

I'm sure that when the damaged machine arrives back, all they're going to do is replace the lockdown bar, put it in a new box and ship it out to someone else.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickedquickss:

I would of made a claim...on the spot...the item is insured and you can be compensated...

Do you mind clarifying? My understanding was if there was damage, you should not accept the shipment. Can you accept it with damage and then file a claim? I thought once you accepted it you absolved the shipping company of any damage and they considered their job done.

If you can accept with damage and then file a claim, we need to know how to do it correctly so we don't get burned.

#55 4 years ago

I've filed a claim against STI after accepting delivery. In our case the damage was completely invisible until the game was completely unwrapped. They didn't argue the claim (I billed them exactly for replacement parts only - they got off easy).

#56 4 years ago

Was the box of the MMR damaged?

#57 4 years ago

Sorry, in my case, it was not MMR, nor boxed. Just pallets, ratchet straps, moving blankets, etc. We've learned our lesson - we always unbox/unwrap before signing now.

Pisses off the drivers, but frell'em.

#58 4 years ago

Def a Bummer

but you did the right thing

8000$ is not a small amount for a pin

you will be a replacement soon, or they will im sure take yours refit with new parts

repack in new box - all set

#59 4 years ago

@stangbat,
When I arrive to deliver you a shipment...its not just black and white as to except or reject. If we notice a damage or a shortage, my company will issue and exception...this notates there is a problem with shipment. You can now escalate to a claim...you have 10 days after the bill is notated...this varies from company to company. You are not excepting the machine in perfect order....the driver should issue you a number of some sort...once you know the compete damage...the shipper. In this case Planetary can request you to return the machine and replace....the claim is against the freight company...they are who pays it...not planetary..damages happen every day...sadly it is the nature of the business... I personally hate delivering a damage because it makes me look like an idiot....many people have no idea I am not who picked the shipment up or who loaded it....the public never sees these morons...Rick at planetary could state " if any damage...reject" then he makes the claim...it is less headache for you..but in the end you could of been paid to repair that powered coat....heavily

#60 4 years ago

.the public never sees these morons..

I saw them when I went to R/L's terminal to pick up my game that they ROYALLY F'ED...and I had to fix.....driving around like a bunch of asshats with forklifts, trying to meet probably insane timeframes and quotas, no doubt. Was a real eye opener to be inside the warehouse and talking to their managers, let me assure you...and no driver even made it to our house..

#61 4 years ago

Say what you want about RL but I just saw a video of an RL truck driver take extra special care of his cargo among other truck drivers. Happened yesterday. Possibly someone's MMR in there.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=14a_1429378266

RL @ 2:00 min mark.

#62 4 years ago

Wow still so much snow in Wyoming on the 18th of April !?
Now I know why real estate is so expensive in California

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Wow still so much snow in Wyoming on the 18th of April !?
Now I know why real estate is so expensive in California

Can happen every month of the year...

Keeps the Californians out.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Pablito:

Say what you want about RL but I just saw a video of an RL truck driver take extra special care of his cargo among other truck drivers. Happened yesterday. Possibly someone's MMR in there.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=14a_1429378266
RL @ 2:00 min mark.

Loser camera man. Turn your car around and flash your lights or something.

#65 4 years ago

Just an update, supposed to be getting a new machine sent out early next week.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Keeps the Californians out.

We'll be happy to oblige you if you will accept some of our non Californians.

1 week later
#67 4 years ago

New machine being delivered in about 30 minutes. I'm nervous it's going to be damaged again!

#68 4 years ago

Good luck
Let's see pix of your new sweet pin

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from Alphajerk3000:

New machine being delivered in about 30 minutes. I'm nervous it's going to be damaged again!

Think positive. I KNOW it will be perfect.

#70 4 years ago

Hey guys,
I have made it on a few of these similar post. As a few know, I have been in the freight industry for many years. I can answer a few things on how the damage happens. First thing is LTL is fast pace, these guys fly to load stuff as fast as they can...crazy, but time is money...also the more they load, the more goes down the road, the more freight bill out, and in the end a better bottom line...damage happens....often due to this...also these guys have no idea that there is an 8k machine in that cardboard box. Remember the Purolator commercials with people protecting thierselves with cardboard....same theory..you should protect your freight if you ship something...just remember some of these guys are ham fisted aholes that don't care...and have never been made to care...would I of refused the machine....probably not...I would of made a claim...on the spot...the item is insured and you can be compensated...remember this on these sold out le run machines....you might not get another...you can claim almost anything on them....a little patience and they will send a check....The MMR in question could a received a claim that would of been paid of upwards of 2k....possibly more...but that's up to you...I understand you got a new machine and that's exactly what you expect to receive...I don't blame you...but man, its crazy to ship these high dollar games just plain old LTL...you realize that game gets handled over and over before the driver that brings it to you actually has it....sometimes these things can be loaded and unloaded 10 times...LTL works like a relay race...In all, I hope pps makes it right for you..and it sucks the game got damaged. Good luck

Shit I would buy a new MMR if it could arrive lightly damaged and i get $2k or more off...

#71 4 years ago

Hopefully the new one is un damaged!
I'm a little late to the thread, but we bought a NIB STLE.
There was a hole in the side of the box down low, knocked a baseball sized hole in the bottom of the game.
I was on the fence about sending it back since it was just on the bottom of the game where no one would see it. But I paid for a 100% condition game.
We opted to go ahead and keep it. My SO talked me down off the fence.
We kept it.
But amount of damage, i would have had a hard time keeping that one.

#72 4 years ago

Okay, in the garage! Box looked to be in good shape and I popped the top open just to peek inside (couldn't resist snapping a quick pic of the start button!).

Just need to lug it into the basement, stay tuned!

Reed

IMG_1684.JPG IMG_1685.JPG
#73 4 years ago

Congrats! I'm glad they got you one this time with no damage. I just received my Met Pro on Friday. I was nervous after reading about damaged machines on here. I am glad to report mine arrived without a scratch. Now get that thing setup and enjoy

#74 4 years ago

SWEET !!!!!!

Looks amazing.
Super congratz !!!

#75 4 years ago

Listened to "American Beauty" while I set it up, as it's been a long, strange trip. Great looking machine, makes TOTAN look like a turd next to it! My wife already has her name in it, I'm struggling to break 5 mil. Thanks to Katie at pinball sales for making this purchase really easy!

image.jpg
#76 4 years ago

sweet

#77 4 years ago

glad to see everything worked out for you

#78 4 years ago

My wife already has her name in it

Your wife's name is FREE PLAY?

Congrats on the replacement game in perfect condition, BTW.

#79 4 years ago

So did they repair your damaged game and return it or did they send you a different game? If it was the latter I'm assuming you had not picked a specific number? Either way glad to see they took care of you and so quickly!

#80 4 years ago

Congrats Reed, all of our golds have delivered, now anxiously awaiting my ss trim MMRLE! Starting to wish I ordered gold.

#81 4 years ago

I was very nervous about the gold, but just decided to try and have some faith in whomever's decision it was to pick that color for the LE and very glad I did. I'm not sure what the "baby poop" people are seeing exactly. Looks like gold to me, very happy with it.

#82 4 years ago

Congrats on the new game. MM or MMR no matter it is a fun game IMO.

Enjoy destroying castles and blasting trolls.

#83 4 years ago

The gold looks decent in person. With that game, with that art, I like it.

#84 4 years ago

Thank you for re-affirming my "buy it if you can drive and pick-it up yourself" rule for pinball machines....

Obviously a different story for NIB from a ditro, but a much bigger PITA when this happens on a private sale....

#85 4 years ago

I used to deliver some games every once in awhile on pallets (wrapped, boxed, etc.) to pilotair back when they would ship one pretty reasonably.

The stuff you see the forklift guys do with pallets at the warehouse will make your hair curl. I mean crazy stuff, it's a wonder anything ever gets anywhere without being damaged. And they were doing that crap while I was standing there, who knows what they do when nobody's around.

So things I've seen them do in the maybe 45 total minutes I've been standing in pilot air's warehouse:

1. stack pallets on top of each other if they're short enough (anything under 3 feet tall or so gets another pallet on top of it)

2. Pick up pallets with just the tips of the forks, so the pallet is hanging at about a 20 degree angle off the end of the forks

3. bump the pallet into other pallets while they turn around

4. drive at least 20 mph across a 40 foot room

5. bounce the pallets up and down the forks

6. Bump into a tall pallet, knock it over

7. use the forks to push the actual wood pallet across the floor, into another pallet, then push both of those pallets the rest of the way across the warehouse

If you go on youtube and search, you'll find all kinds of crazy videos of how forklift operators move pallets. They probably damage 10% of them but most of those it probably doesn't hurt much or matter... if they run forks through a pinball machine though of course it's a different story.

#86 4 years ago

When I ship a used machine, I wrap it in a moving blanket, then stretch wrap, then cardboard. Works great

2 weeks later
#87 4 years ago

Listened to "American Beauty" while I set it up, as it's been a long, strange trip. Great looking machine, makes TOTAN look like a turd next to it! My wife already has her name in it, I'm struggling to break 5 mil. Thanks to Katie at pinball sales for making this purchase really easy!

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

what number is yours?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,150 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 87.00
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside