I used to deliver some games every once in awhile on pallets (wrapped, boxed, etc.) to pilotair back when they would ship one pretty reasonably.
The stuff you see the forklift guys do with pallets at the warehouse will make your hair curl. I mean crazy stuff, it's a wonder anything ever gets anywhere without being damaged. And they were doing that crap while I was standing there, who knows what they do when nobody's around.
So things I've seen them do in the maybe 45 total minutes I've been standing in pilot air's warehouse:
1. stack pallets on top of each other if they're short enough (anything under 3 feet tall or so gets another pallet on top of it)
2. Pick up pallets with just the tips of the forks, so the pallet is hanging at about a 20 degree angle off the end of the forks
3. bump the pallet into other pallets while they turn around
4. drive at least 20 mph across a 40 foot room
5. bounce the pallets up and down the forks
6. Bump into a tall pallet, knock it over
7. use the forks to push the actual wood pallet across the floor, into another pallet, then push both of those pallets the rest of the way across the warehouse
If you go on youtube and search, you'll find all kinds of crazy videos of how forklift operators move pallets. They probably damage 10% of them but most of those it probably doesn't hurt much or matter... if they run forks through a pinball machine though of course it's a different story.