245818-i.jpg
20150211_111318.jpg
IMG_1605.jpg
IMG_1603.JPG
IMG_1602.JPG
image.jpg
IMG_1685.JPG
IMG_1684.JPG
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Ive got the delivery guy here and my MMR is damaged. do i reject the delivery?

#3 9 years ago

I would

#4 9 years ago

head is dinged up and lock down bar is fubar

#5 9 years ago

Don't sign anything. Don't accept delivery. Unless it's minir damage and then only accept it if they acknowledge the damage on what you sign.

See if you can talk to your disty now before the guy leaves.

#6 9 years ago

painful after all that waiting....

#7 9 years ago

Reject it

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Alphajerk3000:

Wow, take photos, reject.

#9 9 years ago

Generally you can note damage on the BOL and still accept delivery.

#10 9 years ago

Minor damage that you csn live with. Your disty can get you some $ for the damage.

#11 9 years ago

Don't send it back... U won't see one for months

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Alphajerk3000:

Through the box? What do they do to these things?

#13 9 years ago

Have him give you the # to call regarding someone within his CO. That can help. Call your distributor
as well to start a claim.

#14 9 years ago

Very sad to hear of the shipping damage. Take a bunch of pics while the shipping company is there to show your distributor and for your records. Also get your distributor on the phone and ask them what they need to expedite your claim.

Hope all turns out well.

#15 9 years ago

I had minor damage on my avle, accepted it with their acknowledgement on receipt, and got some nice $ back through GEX working the shipper.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Don't send it back... U won't see one for months

Hopefully not the case -- I guess it depends on your distributor but hopefully OP would go to the front of the line.

#17 9 years ago

Okay, bought it through Jack, but it's pretty late in the day, so no one is answering over there. I refused it. Lock down was damaged pretty good, so I wasn't sure what else might have been underneath there. I paid way too much to have it already dinged up. The delivery guy was nice, but said, "This happens all the time!"

IMG_1602.JPGIMG_1602.JPG IMG_1603.JPGIMG_1603.JPG IMG_1605.jpgIMG_1605.jpg
#18 9 years ago

I probably would have accepted that and just tried to get a new lockbar from them.

#19 9 years ago

Jack just returned my call, says he'll make it right.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I probably would have accepted that and just tried to get a new lockbar from them.

Ya but there is damage to the cabinet.
We pay enough money for these babies not to have a scratch.
Would you take delivery of a new car and have them go back and repaint the damage? I wouldn't.

I do agree with another poster, your probably going to have to wait months for a replacement.
When my buddies SW got damaged by STI a few years ago, it sat in their warehouse and no one was doing anything to resolve this issue.
They ended up giving him peanuts for the repair. Granted his was a used title, but you could see the eBay pics didn't have that damage.

#21 9 years ago

Wonder how much he could have gotten back if he had accepted delivery? Damage seems minor. New lockdown bar and some cash back would have been good.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Ya but there is damage to the cabinet.
We pay enough money for these babies not to have a scratch.

I read somewhere else they are sending out "paint touch up kits" for any that came with scratched cabinets at no extra charge.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Wonder how much he could have gotten back if he had accepted delivery? Damage seems minor. New lockdown bar and some cash back would have been good.

Might be some inside the game damage as well that can't be seen.

#24 9 years ago

Damn, that sucks sorry to hear about this, wait all this time and have it dammaged. Its the shipping companies fault not anyone else though.

#25 9 years ago

Good call you paid for a new un damaged game and that's what you should get. As mentioned above you never know what other damage may be hiding safer to ask for a new one to be shipped to you.

#26 9 years ago

Happens to the best of us. Refused!20150211_111318.jpg20150211_111318.jpg

#27 9 years ago

i don't know what I would have done. Had to be there to see it up good and close. If it had only been the lock-down bar, I would have taken it and had Jack replace that part.

Still waiting for mine through Jack. Hope I have better luck. Sorry you are going through this.
Mike in Kentucky

#28 9 years ago

Good call, I would not have accepted it, even if you do have to wait a few more months odds are there was more damage you were unable to see. Glad to hear Jack is going to make it right.

#29 9 years ago

Yes, it was painful to see it put back on the truck, but had to be done. I got to see the gold armor in person finally, like it! I'm kicking myself now for not taking quick pics of the front decal and how the start button was lined up!

Mods, you can probably close this out! Thanks!

#30 9 years ago

I can see both side....accept it and play what I've been waiting for and wait for parts. Although would be bummed it arrived damaged.

Refuse it and wonder when you'll get another one because why accept this damaged after paying big $$ and waiting.

I would've probably taken it and documented the unboxing and received the parts quickly.

#31 9 years ago

Oh, and thanks everyone for the awesomely quick advice!

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I would've probably taken it and documented the unboxing and received the parts quickly.

Me too. the damage was very light and very fixable . Sorry your machine was messed up .

#33 9 years ago

Closing per OP request will open back up if you want to update us just let me know.

#34 9 years ago

The shipping coordinator for PPS asked that this thread be reopened so he can demonstrate to the shipper that this may be a problem. To ensure that this possible issue with the shipper gets addressed I am reopening thread. I hope the OP understands if not shoot me a PM and we can discuss.

#35 9 years ago

My undamaged X-Men came in this box...so shipping is an issue with anything these days!

Robert

245818-i.jpg245818-i.jpg

#36 9 years ago

I am about 50-50 in receiving damaged pins when shipped by R&L. Each time I refused the shipment. Yes, it took a lot longer but in the end it worked out best for me and I am sure it will for you too.

On a related note, I just got an email from Jen saying my MMR has just been shipped via R&L! Fingers crossed...!

#37 9 years ago

I sent mine back 3 weeks ago and got a new one yesterday. The mmr people did a great job making it right. It did suck having to send it back but you definitely want it to be perfect.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-69.jpgimage-69.jpg
#38 9 years ago

Crazy. Makes me wonder how the hell two large holes even happen. Sheer negligence?

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

Crazy. Makes me wonder how the hell two large holes even happen. Sheer negligence?

Fork lifts. So yea negligence.

#40 9 years ago

I was told by a driver that alot of damage happens when the trucks are loaded. The damage is caused mostly by strap down brackets attached to tbe trucks walls that have become compromised.
As such, when the fork driver is loading a truck, they cause the damage with their final pushback with the forks , which causes the compromised brackets to damage the goods.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

I was told by a driver that alot of damage happens when the trucks are loaded. The damage is caused mostly by strap down brackets attached to tbe trucks walls that have become compromised.
As such, when the fork driver is loading a truck, they cause the damage with their final pushback with the forks , which causes the compromised brackets to damage the goods.

Example

2015-04-17-21-51-42.png2015-04-17-21-51-42.png
#42 9 years ago

I'll buy the damaged one for $3500!

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from asay:

Fork lifts. So yea negligence.

My Disney Felix machine had forklift damage when it arrived. Unfortunately, considering that it's a very limited prop, I couldn't decline delivery. Disney has been funny about the Felix machines recently. Apparently, they're on the list to be dismantled and removed from location.

#44 9 years ago

I had the same type of Damage on my Woz75
luckily Gio and Jen at JJP sent me out a set of Cabinet Head Decals in less then a week

20150306_145138.jpg20150306_145138.jpg
#45 9 years ago

I had my Star Trek pro damaged on delivery. Hole straight through the bottom speaker. Refused. Got a new one in about 3 weeks.

#46 9 years ago

Scary stuff. My ST had a hole in the box but no damage to cabinet. If there was damage, I wouldn't take it. I don't mind a few scratches and blemishes in my games but not when you are buying them new. Good call OP.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

their final pushback with the forks

That sounds like the critical part here. It doesn't make much sense that those brackets in the truck can cause the damage. More like they are using the forklift to push on the side of the box. If that is what they do, it is a fail waiting to happen. Also might contribute to the high prices buyers are paying.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

My undamaged X-Men came in this box...so shipping is an issue with anything these days!
Robert
245818-i.jpg

That Stern box is a little confusing. On first glance I read truck from this side.

#49 9 years ago

Okay guys we need a bit of room in the truck. I know lets push a carboard box labelled fragile with the ends of the forks on our forklift. What can go wrong?

Seriously how stupid would you have to be to do that? Especially they are strapped to a pallet, put a piece of timber in front of the pallet and push that. Not f...ing hard!!

I swear this world is getting dumber and dumber...

#50 9 years ago

You would think in this day and age the shipping company would send out a memo saying not to use these shortcuts because it is costing them money. You can tell they were short on space and try to slide the item back with the front of the forks. The only reason they do this is so they don't smack whatever is behind the item so that isn't damaged. Wonder if the operator of the fork has an "OH $H!T" moment when they pierce the box with this method.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.99
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-right-now-damaged-mmr-delivery and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.