You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0AB3F8B8-0B0D-4BD2-A92B-3A3D0C87F9A1 (resized).jpeg
20200904_190743 (resized).jpg
20200904_190751 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I recently picked up a Revenge from Mars pinball game. After driving it all the way home, I checked the connections to make sure everything was seated, turned it on, and all I got was the blue screen pictured below. I noticed that some of the LED lights are lit, which means the game is getting power. However, the screen is stuck on blue, with no writing, and will not boot up. All fans are spinning, there is a yellow light lit on the Prism card, yet the screen is just blue; nothing on the playfield is lit. I can't find any loose or disconnected wires, and the main 5A fuse is good. Im not very adept at pinball repair, so if there is anyone familiar with fixing these in the Los Angeles area, let me know. Otherwise, im looking for HELP from the Pinside family! Respectfully, Joe.

20200904_190743 (resized).jpg20200904_190743 (resized).jpg20200904_190751 (resized).jpg20200904_190751 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

This is my board running. The one below and to the left of capacitor should be blinking.

0AB3F8B8-0B0D-4BD2-A92B-3A3D0C87F9A1 (resized).jpeg0AB3F8B8-0B0D-4BD2-A92B-3A3D0C87F9A1 (resized).jpeg
#3 3 years ago

The second led from the left side of board is the blinking one. If the game worked prior to moving it is probaly something simple. Assuming you checked the cables to the cpu board box by backglass? I would take the cpu box out remove cover and remove and install the slot cards. Maybe they got loose in move?

#4 3 years ago

A well lit, focused picture of the board will help spot any issues like maybe bulging capacitors.
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pinball_2000_Repair#General_PC_issues

#5 3 years ago

I took the advice that I got from several of you. Thank you very much for that by the way. I disconnected and reseated all the connectors on the game. I found the one computer plug on top in the back box was very loose. Instead of screwing it directly into the metal box, I ran the cord on the outside so they could seat more deeply. Looks like that was the culprit. Game fired right up and I haven't had any issues since! Love this community and the way everyone is willing to help one another.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-revenge-from-mars and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.