Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by norcalfella
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Jokerz4 (resized).jpg
Jokerz2 (resized).jpg
Jokerz3 (resized).jpg
Jokerz1 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

This is an impossible ask, but I'm asking anyway.

I'm 200 miles from the seller, without a vehicle to transport (and don't want to lean on friends for a trip this far) so....

Price is $800 *BUT* the machine makes a "loud sound" at startup. Is it worth it to just get the table and fix it up? He wants $300 to deliver which is basically a ransom so he won't sell it to a local, and I'm okay with that.

Total cost $1100 which gets it to a repairman.

Cabinet looks good, playfield looks good. I'm planning on this being HUO and will never sell it.

Worth it? Need answer by Monday morning. Appreciate anyone's 2 cents on the matter. I missed on one that was $1449 because the seller was a prick who didn't want to text and it was 75 miles away. I feel like this could be my second chance, but I don't want to have it be a money pit.

Attached pictures. I'm a rookie at this, and won't work on it myself because I don't know how.

Jokerz1 (resized).jpg
Jokerz3 (resized).jpg
Jokerz2 (resized).jpg
Jokerz4 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

buying a game under ppressure is always a mistake
that you cannot drive and pick it up yourself, fix your priorities

pinball machines are always moneypits

#3 1 year ago

Game has a hard to get sound board if it has a issue. Also no pics of playfield? Id be more comfortable at 800....1100 to start not so sure especially not being able to see it first......

#4 1 year ago

2-0 for the no crowd.. thanks for input so far

#5 1 year ago

Did you play it?

#6 1 year ago

I assuming you have not

#7 1 year ago

I've seen this title sit with a price tag of $1200 at shows.

It's not particularly rare or highly desirable. Take a pass on it, and find another one. Too many unknowns for the asking price, and it sounds like the purchase would be to complicated in your situation.

#8 1 year ago

Have not played it. Theory is that, fixed up the thing is worth at least $1600 if not more. I've had a dealer even say they charge $3500 (I rolled my eyes at that) for a restored Jokerz. Locals are lined up, someone contacted from Oregon and machine is in Nevada.

#9 1 year ago

I'm calling this post a victory. Anyone else feel free to chime in.

The no is a strong winner.

Grateful for the responses because I've got some future help I'll be needing the community for I'm sure.

#10 1 year ago

Then be patient, and wait.

#11 1 year ago

I'd pass. It's not a good game, and money you sink into it for repairs will be really hard to recoup if you try to sell.

#12 1 year ago

If you don't have detailed pics or a good idea of whats wrong already, I can't imagine spending that much. Pass & pick up a working machine at a similar price point.

#13 1 year ago

Thanks jar155, but I like the game it's nostalgic I used to play at the arcade with my brother. I'm looking to do a collection of 5 games total, and this would be the most economical. (EPM I paid $2300 for, just bought MMRSE new and have AFMLE coming)

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from norcalfella:

Have not played it. Theory is that, fixed up the thing is worth at least $1600 if not more. I've had a dealer even say they charge $3500 (I rolled my eyes at that) for a restored Jokerz. Locals are lined up, someone contacted from Oregon and machine is in Nevada.

Its not s very sought after pin and can usually b bought for 1000+1250 in nice working condition

#15 1 year ago

It kind of sucks being on the west coast... I scour the lists looking for machines and it's really hard to get them in the Bay Area unless it's a $5,000+ title.

Would love to find a $2000-$3000 WC94/T2/Whirlwind I'd grab them and just call it good, before I lose my mind and buy Scared Stiff and fall in love with another brand new title.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from norcalfella:

Would love to find a $2000-$3000 WC94/T2/Whirlwind I'd grab them and just call it good, before I lose my mind and buy Scared Stiff and fall in love with another brand new title.

You should have come to the Pin a go go show in Dixon this weekend. There was a lot of opportunities there, including a WCS94 with a clearcoated playfield & CDMD for sale (within your budget) by a well respected Pinsider . Needless to say it sold..

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

You should have come to the Pin a go go show in Dixon this weekend. There was a lot of opportunities there, including a WC94 with a clearcoated playfield & CDMD for sale (within your budget)by a well respected Pinsider . Needless to say it sold..

Dude, that WCS was awesome looking. I thought it was an OK deal before I even knew it had the color dmd.

I saw that Jokerz on CL too. I was wondering about it.

#18 1 year ago

I wish I had gone to the Dixon show, I did last year but didn't see a lot for sale... I couldn't find any online listings for games there that were on the market or I probably would have made the trek and figured out transportation later

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside