8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BR.png
image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider E_N_3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I have a Bally Silverball Mania that I am trying to get going. I bought the game not working, but I figured with some new ALLTEK boards, I would have the game up and running with no problem.

I have the Alltek MPU, Solenoid, and Lamp boards installed.

FIRST:
I set the game select switches to SBM settings, power it on, and the MPU goes right to "over voltage" and stays there.
I did NOT getting the self test pulse x8....nothing. It would just go right to over voltage and that's it.

SECOND:
I go to test that the MPU is getting the corect volta, and if i am doing everything correct (i attached pics so you can double check me),

i put the multi meter on the test points on the mpu with game on.

When i powered game on, the "over voltage" light was still on, and no green flashing.

The multi meter is at 0.738

So, here is where I am at. ALLTEK says they dont know what wlse could be wrong.

The game doesnt start, no numbers on display....it's just sitting there MOCKING me....lol

Any thoughts on what I can do/try next?

Thanks for any help you can send my way.
--Ed
image.jpegimage.jpeg

#2 8 years ago

Anybody?

#7 8 years ago

Thank you everyone for the input.

1) I disconnected all of the boards, and am focused on the RECTIFIER BOARD.

2) ALL of the FUSES on the RECTIFIER BOARD have been verified good with multi-meter

3) I tested the TEST POINTS on the RECTIFIER BOARD, and this is my finding:

Test Point 1 (logic board) - should typically be 5-7 - mine tested at 3.103 - which is BELOW the typical needed

Test Point 2 (displays) - should typically be 220-250 - mine tested at 184.5 - which is BELOW the typical needed

Test Point 3 (logic board) - should typically be 12-14 - mine tested at 12.19 - which is IN RANGE for the typical needed

Test Point 4 (GI/controlled lights) - should typically be 6-7.5 - mine tested at 7.16 - which is IN RANGE for the typical needed

Test Point 5 (solenoid) - should typically be 42-44 - mine tested at 45.3 - which is slightly ABOVE the RANGE for the typical needed

Does this mean that my RECTIFIER BOARD board should be REPLACED?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Florissant, MO
$ 169.00
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider E_N_3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-questions-bally-alltek-silverball-mania?tu=E_N_3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.