Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
P_20160612_205328_(resized).jpg
P_20160612_205317_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

hi guys,
jurassic park question
can anyone tell me what fuse is for the flippers and gun ball launch?
i can't seem to find a blown one
here's what happened
traded me a jp
it worked but needed som switches adjusting
flippers worked good

but think when testplay i shorted something everything is working
except gun balllauncher and the flippers
i have a rottendog power board
here's some pics
any help is apreciated!

P_20160612_205317_(resized).jpgP_20160612_205317_(resized).jpg
P_20160612_205328_(resized).jpgP_20160612_205328_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

should add
when in solenoid test
popbumpers
slingshots
rex mouth
do work

menu is in italian cause of original rom i had to put in
the other roms had broken and bend pins so dmd acted weird.

#4 7 years ago

i discovered that if i touch the flipper while pressing the flipperbutton i feel it buzzing like it wants to move ,but hasn't got enough power?

#5 7 years ago

solved!
a bad fuse!
there was a fuse with white ceramic inside in f5 that looked good but was blown

#6 7 years ago

OK, one thing at a time here.

DE flipper power comes from the flipper board located on the inside left of the cabinet under the playfield.

Check the fuses and fuse holders on the flipper board - the holders on DE board were crap and they often are cracked or split.

RM

#7 7 years ago

those all look good but one ,it works but
someone soldered a fuse in ,but it seems to work

ordered all fuses new ,will be replacing all fuces when they come in!

#8 7 years ago

Have you thought about replacing the fuse holder?

#9 7 years ago

Just use a DMM and test your fuses. Odds are they are all fine. No point replacing good fuses. The Flipptronics boards located left side inside your cabinet. On DE the flipper boards are crap and often riddled with hacks. I bet if you pull that board and look behind it, it had some work done. You can look at your schematics and trace what controls your flipper. Is it your upper right flipper? If you don't want to send your board out for repairs or don't want to repair it. You can buy the universal rotten dog DE Flipper board. Not that expensive. However, to repair your flipper board would only cost you $2-$3 if you can de-solder.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

menu is in italian cause of original rom i had to put in
the other roms had broken and bend pins so dmd acted weird.

Also, I recommend getting the new Rom's from Chad. Better gameplay and to the sounds of it, may also solve some other unknown issues.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

Just use a DMM and test your fuses. Odds are they are all fine. No point replacing good fuses. The Flipptronics boards located left side inside your cabinet. On DE the flipper boards are crap and often riddled with hacks. I bet if you pull that board and look behind it, it had some work done. You can look at your schematics and trace what controls your flipper. Is it your upper right flipper? If you don't want to send your board out for repairs or don't want to repair it. You can buy the universal rotten dog DE Flipper board. Not that expensive. However, to repair your flipper board would only cost you $2-$3 if you can de-solder.

That Rottendog DE flipper board is a huge POS

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

why is that?
is there an other brand available?

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

why is that?
is there an other brand available?

Transistors keep burning out in them went through two of them in my LAH in six months.
Ended up sending my original one out to be repaired.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I just ordered one last night....so I should expect problems?

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Can't say, maybe they fixed the problem. I hope yours is trouble free

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

I have used Rotten Dog Flipper Boards in Williams/Bally as well the one in DE, had no problems. It is a universal board that can be used in multiple DE's

#17 7 years ago

i have a rottendog power board should i be concerned?

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

Also, I recommend getting the new Rom's from Chad. Better gameplay and to the sounds of it, may also solve some other unknown issues.

i already ordered roms 5.13 and 5.10
who is chad???

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

i have a rottendog power board should i be concerned?

When my JP Power Supply board when out (HV leg), I swapped in a RottenDog replacement. It worked just fine, except it seemed to increase the intensity of the 60Hz hum from the speakers. Standing off the sound board from ground helped, but still hum persisted.

Once I had a little time (and a little confidence), I did manage to troubleshoot and fix the issue with the original board (cracked diode) and replaced the burnt 12pin power connector and removed the hacked backside jumper wire from the roasted pin. I popped the old PS board back into my JP, all was good!. Adding standoffs under the sound board board removed hum nearly 100% w/original PS board. Nice!

#20 7 years ago

i dont have the original power board the rottendog one was in it when i got it.
but now i know why the backbox speakers are disconected

#21 7 years ago

I have had nothing but bad luck with Rottendog. Others say that theirs work great.

#22 7 years ago

When I installed my color DMD into my Jurassic Park I had issues with the Rottendog board , swapped it out with a X-pin , no issues!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#23 7 years ago

I went with x-pin myself, based on the good luck and service I had on some of their other products.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

hi spock , who is chad?
is that 6.0 rom?

#26 7 years ago

Doe s anyone know is there another company then rottendog that sells the flipperboard?

#27 7 years ago

The board is less than $90. If you have issues with a defective board they will help you and even work out an exchange. Just because one person had bad luck doesn't mean it is a bad product. I have had no issues. Just make sure you buy from them and not a third party.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

The board is less than $90. If you have issues with a defective board they will help you and even work out an exchange. Just because one person had bad luck doesn't mean it is a bad product. I have had no issues. Just make sure you buy from them and not a third party.

"One Person"?

#29 7 years ago

You are the one person in this thread who has issues with Rotten dog.

#30 7 years ago

I'm the second to have Rottendog issues, sometimes the X-pin worked better for what I needed ... Both have their good and bad issues....

#31 7 years ago

I will admit, I did have one issue now that I think about it. Years back I had a Williams Flipptronics I/II Board. I would put it in one williams machine and all coils would lock and blow fuses on the board. I take the board out and try it in a different Williams and it ran perfectly. I then took an original Williams board from the other machine and it ran perfectly in the machine that would blow the Rottendog. Tried the Rottendog in a few other Williams and all worked fine. For some reason, it would blow up in one machine but not others, even though all the machines I tested it in are compatible . So, that is one thing to consider. May it be a bad product or just not entirely compatible as intended, not sure. But, in "most" cases it should run fine. And I can confirm the DE Universal Flipper Board works in JP.

I do have a repaired DE JP Flipper Board that I fixed that I may be willing to sell. However, it has a History of previous owners repairs. AKA looks horrible, the board is riddled with previous repairs. So, not sure.. probably just keep it as a backup.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-question-jurassic-park and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.