12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by btrip
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

who_dunnit_insert_wear.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

I'm working on creating a photoshop file for W?D inserts since these aren't available and mine are worn in spots. Does anyone have a suggestion for getting these printed on decal paper? The trick is that white needs to be printed so I can't use my inkjet. I could leave the white off and just hand paint that part but would prefer to have a printer handle the whole thing for max quality. Any suggestions for what I'm trying to do here?

Thanks! // Error: Image 24334 not found // who_dunnit_insert_wear.jpgwho_dunnit_insert_wear.jpg

#2 12 years ago

You need a film transfer machine (not sure of the exact term).
    We have one at work and I've used it to create custom WH2O plastics for the left in-lane. I also had to get white and this did the trick. It's an old technology and we barely had anyone in the office that still knew how to use the damned thing

Good luck!

#3 12 years ago

You could also just buy white backed decals, that way you don't have to print white.

I don't really see a lot of missing white there anyway... why not just tap the inserts down and flush with the playfield, touch up the blues, and seal with a spot clear?

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from btrip:

why not just tap the inserts down and flush with the playfield, touch up the blues

Matching blue is sort of a bitch, but that's what I'd try first.

Robert

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

btrip said:why not just tap the inserts down and flush with the playfield, touch up the blues
    Robert

Yeah, and the blue has shading dots (or whatever you call those) in it to boot. It's not a solid blue. I may just touch up anyway as you all have suggested, I doubt it will be terribly noticeable.

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

btrip said:why not just tap the inserts down and flush with the playfield, touch up the blues
    Robert

The secret to matching blues is to mix it with orange.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-printing-insert-decals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.