Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by djblouw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MVIMG_20200410_172420 (resized).jpg
    F2AC97AA-4C0C-4812-AEB8-21561E351A2E (resized).jpeg
    MVIMG_20200410_124009 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gritty.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I am doing a playfield swap on a Banzai Run and I broke a couple posts off screwing them into the new playfield. Can anyone recommend a good way to extract the broke post?

MVIMG_20200410_124009 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200410_124009 (resized).jpg
    #7 3 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

Are you drilling a pilot hole before installing the stud?If not you need to.

Yes this was my mistake. I need to drill out each hole to make them a little bigger. The copper type post studs are very weak and it doesn't take much to break them. It didn't take much tork at all.

MVIMG_20200410_172420 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200410_172420 (resized).jpg
    #8 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

Ok, first I have to ask how hard are you torquing these things down to snap them? I see stress cracks in the clear around the ball guide screw too. Ease these in...
    That screw looks way too small to try to center drill and use a a standard extractor on.
    Now. What I would do. I’d buy a screw extractor from Rockler. It’s a pain in the arse to use but it drills *around* the broken screw. I use these when I can drill a new hole all the way through. I then use a post I can secure with a locknut underneath. Far more secure against angry pinballs.
    *extractor disclaimer. Much easier to use if you make a guide block to drill through and clamp it down to the playfield-examples of this are online- and these things are brittle. If you screw up and hit the metal screw, it will break some teeth. If you don’t have a Rockler nearby, order two.
    And note they have several sizes. Pick the one that works for you.
    [quoted image]

Great suggestion, i just ordered one of these. It maybe the only way to go. They are not stress cracks you are seeing, just micro scratches in the clear.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gritty.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-post-broke-off-in-playfield?tu=gritty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.