By Toasterdog

4 months ago

Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Trekkie1978
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1119 (resized).JPG
IMG_1115 (resized).PNG
IMG_1112 (resized).PNG
IMG_1110 (resized).JPG
IMG_1109 (resized).JPG
IMG_3909 (resized).JPG
IMG_3906 (resized).JPG
IMG_3905 (resized).JPG

#1 4 months ago

I received my PF replacement from Stern, but I apparently removed more than I needed to. It took me a few weeks, but I got the last of my harness in the mail today. I am stuck though on the spade connectors for the white coin door interlock switch.

Hoping someone can snap a picture inside their coin door or relay the wiring order. This was a harness from MET, so I imagine any SAM system with a shaker (coming off shaker harness)

Stern also sent me a "Y" like harness that I have no idea where it goes. PF swap was appreciated, but wish they provided instructions.

**Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_3906 (resized).JPGIMG_3905 (resized).JPGIMG_3909 (resized).JPG

#2 4 months ago

The bottom two spade connectors are both black and yellow. I believe the top black and yellow spade runs to a large connector, on the right hand side of the cab.

IMG_1109 (resized).JPG

IMG_1110 (resized).JPG

#3 4 months ago

Here's a better picture of the interlock and a picture of the big connector.

IMG_1112 (resized).PNG

IMG_1115 (resized).PNG

#4 4 months ago

The Y connector is to plug the playfield back in. Your old playfield had a big molex connector...the newer playfields broke it out into 2 smaller molex connectors.

When you removed your old playfield, did you unplug all of the molex connectors in the rear of the cabinet going to the playfield?

#5 4 months ago

I replaced my play field on my SMVE a few days ago. This is what my wiring harness looks like. It's not pretty, but the game works 100%. I hope this is helpful.

IMG_1119 (resized).JPG

#6 4 months ago
Quoted from Superbob:

Here's a better picture of the interlock and a picture of the big connector.

Superbob, thanks for the great pictures. That's about how my cabinet wiring looks as well, lol. Not pretty, but I just want to play it again.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The Y connector is to plug the playfield back in. Your old playfield had a big molex connector...the newer playfields broke it out into 2 smaller molex connectors.
When you removed your old playfield, did you unplug all of the molex connectors in the rear of the cabinet going to the playfield?

I didn't recall this "y" connector or the orange plug. I was confused since the harness had a MET tag on it. I did unplug all the connectors and so far everything except interlock looks to be connected. I still have the big connector off the transformer.

I will be back at it in the morning and hope to get her up and running once again.

#7 4 months ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Superbob, thanks for the great pictures. That's about how my cabinet wiring looks as well, lol. Not pretty, but I just want to play it again.

I didn't recall this "y" connector or the orange plug. I was confused since the harness had a MET tag on it. I did unplug all the connectors and so far everything except interlock looks to be connected. I still have the big connector off the transformer.
I will be back at it in the morning and hope to get her up and running once again.

You unplugged way too much. Make sure the color of the wires match up.

Take pics of what you need. I can upload pics of my game.

#8 4 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

You unplugged way too much. Make sure the color of the wires match up.
Take pics of what you need. I can upload pics of my game.

I did take way too much. Couldn't sleep after seeing pics and reconnected everything. Game turned on with no problems, but trough not detecting balls now, so I couldn't play a game. I was happy with that and hopefully I can take care of trough issue today.

I actually took pictures, but never figured I would wind up removing shit off my interlock lol. I just seemed to end up there doing it, lol. Seriously would consider if I even want to go through it with my GB if it wasn't Spike.

#9 4 months ago

Everything is color coded. Follow the wires to where there should be a molex connection or up to the backbox.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
Machine - For Sale
Muskegon, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 12.95
$ 27.50
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Maryville, TN
$ 60.00
$ 18.99
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside