Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Pinrookie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

Hi there

Does anyone installed this kit from Pinbits?

This is the link:
http://iobium.com/flashers_in_the_pop_bumpers.htm

In general, I am very confused in step 3

My question is where is this red wire connected to?

The picture show (pic 1) the large diode with a red wire is connected to the bottom right flasher. However, where is the other end connected to?

My guess is connected to the above flasher? I am not sure at all.

If anyone can answer my question that would be great.

Many thanks

image (resized).jpeg

#2 3 years ago

Non banded side of the diode is the red wire, other end on the red/white wire. The red wire is the common, and pointed it in step 2 pretty well.

#3 3 years ago

This kit has been sitting in my garage for years. One of these days, I’ll work up the guts to give it a go.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Non banded side of the diode is the red wire, other end on the red/white wire. The red wire is the common, and pointed it in step 2 pretty well.

Hi dsuperbee

Thank you for the reply. Is it means banded side is connected to the bottoms flasher with red/white wire?

The reason why I ask this question is step two is not connected to the bottom flasher. Actually based on the step 2 pic the common point is connected to the flasher that is above the bottom right flasher without diode.

Should I just ignore the step 2 picture just connected the red wire from the common point to the bottom flasher (red/white) with a large diode?

Many thanks

image (resized).jpeg

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

This kit has been sitting in my garage for years. One of these days, I’ll work up the guts to give it a go.

Lol! I will let you know once I successfully installed this kit. Currently the pictures from Pinbits are very confusing.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

Should I just ignore the step 2 picture just connected the red wire from the common point to the bottom flasher (red/white) with a large diode?

Finally I managed to install this kit successfully. I connected my red wire to the bottom right flasher (red/white wire) with a large diode. On the other hand, I didn't connect any red wire to the above flasher at all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 229.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside