Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

NR 100 pt (resized).JPG
20220618_121827 (resized).jpg
20220618_121755 (resized).jpg
20220618_121802 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Hello, I hope someone can help me to stop beating my head against the wall! I'm going crazy! I've done everything else, but I can't see to get this one issue:

100 points chime and back box coil and top hole unit remain activated. This in turn never lets it advance from ball one after a drain.

Game takes credits, resets, kicks out a ball, but first 100 points locks everything on.

FWIW, I replaced the Top Hole Unit coil as the prior one was crispy.

I have checked, double checked an 3x checked all play field switches.

When I turn a game on before starting a game the lower cabinet Ball Count Unit remains energized until a game is started. Is this normal?

Thanks for anything you could suggest.

Chris

20220618_121755 (resized).jpg20220618_121755 (resized).jpg20220618_121802 (resized).jpg20220618_121802 (resized).jpg20220618_121827 (resized).jpg20220618_121827 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago
Quoted from Homebru:

first 100 points locks everything on.

The first player 100 point score unit's end-of-stroke switch isn't opening when it should.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Homebru:

the lower cabinet Ball Count Unit remains energized until a game is starte

There are 2 solenoids on the Ball Count unit. One for stepping up, and one for reset. Which one is energized when this happens?

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from HowardR:

There are 2 solenoids on the Ball Count unit. One for stepping up, and one for reset. Which one is energized when this happens?

Hi. It's the step-ups (horizontal/lower)

Thanks!

#5 1 year ago

I've got the ball in play registering, but alas the 100pt and top hole unit locks on.

#6 1 year ago

This is the circuit that HowardR was telling you about. One of those normally closed EOS switches on the drum units isn't opening to turn off the 100 pt. relay coil. Those n/c EOS switches are on the 100's score reels for each player. When the plunger is pulled in, it pushes the long leaf and opens the switch. Make sure those 4 switches are opening.

NR 100 pt (resized).JPGNR 100 pt (resized).JPG
#7 1 year ago

Thanks for the follow up. Will 4x check!

1 month later
#8 1 year ago

This place is great. Thanks paulace (KISS?)! It was a score reel on P4 hiding. I thought I got them all. Sorry for the delay. Covid finally got me after 2.5 years.

I really appreciate the help.

I forgot how fun an EM with spinners and drop targets can be!

Chris

3 weeks later
#9 1 year ago

Hi paulace and @howardR.

New issue. Every other rest resets reels to all 0s. Odd resets add 5 pulses to 100 and 1000 reels.

I am totally pulling my hair out. Been on this problem for 5 hours at customers.

Any ideas?

#10 1 year ago

Found it. Broken yellow wire from solder switch on 3rd player 1000 score reel. I was tired and frustrated and couldn't see the forest for the trees.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-please-night-rider-em-issues?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.