(Topic ID: 355402)

Help Pinball Life web page

By Lovef2k

82 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 82 days ago

I'm running Chrome and get error when going to pinballlife.com "forbidden 403". Even when trying incognito. This is the only site I cannot open. Also the last two emails I sent to them were not answered.

I googled the error but am lost as there are tons of things to do and I have no PC patients. Any ideas please?

#2 82 days ago

Do you have a different browser you can try? I just tried to open it on my phone with safari and it opened fine.

FWIW I also tried on chrome and it opened. Possible isp issue?

#3 82 days ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

Do you have a different browser you can try? I just tried to open it on my phone with safari and it opened fine.
    FWIW I also tried on chrome and it opened. Possible isp issue?

I can open it on my Android phone but I prefer to use the laptop to see the photos better. I will try explorer, thanks for the suggestion.

#5 82 days ago

When was the last time you updated your browsers? With all the hacking going on they do updates often with security patches.
    I had no issues just now with Chrome or Firefox,
    -Mike

#6 82 days ago

Are you using a VPN which might be affecting something?

#7 82 days ago

I've heard they've banned anyone that loves Flight 2000.

Just kidding! I have no idea why you can't view their site.

#8 82 days ago

Try clearing your cookies and history out. You may have a page bookmarked that they pulled or changed.

#9 82 days ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

I'm running Chrome and get error when going to pinballlife.com "forbidden 403". Even when trying incognito. This is the only site I cannot open. Also the last two emails I sent to them were not answered.
    I googled the error but am lost as there are tons of things to do and I have no PC patients. Any ideas please?

delete cache

#10 82 days ago

Clear cookies and cache.
    Type chrome://help into the Chrome omnibar/address bar and run any updates.
    Restart your device.

If you still have issues, disable any VPN you are using, run malware bytes.

#11 82 days ago

Make sure you have all three L's. I have done that before and it took me somewhere I didn't want to go

#12 82 days ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

When was the last time you updated your browsers? With all the hacking going on they do updates often with security patches.
    I had no issues just now with Chrome or Firefox,
    -Mike

My browser is updated.

#13 82 days ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Are you using a VPN which might be affecting something?

I temporarily turned off the VPN. No dice

#14 82 days ago
    Quoted from isJ:

Clear cookies and cache.
    Type chrome://help into the Chrome omnibar/address bar and run any updates.
    Restart your device.
    If you still have issues, disable any VPN you are using, run malware bytes.

I'll try it!

#15 82 days ago

Are you trying to access pinballlife.com directly, or are you trying to open an old bookmark or link?

#16 82 days ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

I've heard they've banned anyone that loves Flight 2000.
    Just kidding! I have no idea why you can't view their site.

Haha good one

#17 82 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Are you trying to access pinballlife.com directly, or are you trying to open an old bookmark or link?

Tries both. The site opens and after clicking I'm not a robot box I get the error.

#18 82 days ago
    Quoted from Don44:

Make sure you have all three L's. I have done that before and it took me somewhere I didn't want to go

Yes I'm making sure. It's so strange that it's only pbl. No issues w any other web site I visit.

#19 82 days ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

Tries both. The site opens and after clicking I'm not a robot box I get the error.

I noticed some of the old links/bookmarks weren't working any more--mostly the ones that are for .php pages.

When you visit pinballlife, is the address auto-filling in your browser and including anything after the .com, or does it end at the .com?

Do you have an extension installed that acts as a user-agent generator/spoofer? If you don't know what that is, then probably not.

#20 81 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I noticed some of the old links/bookmarks weren't working any more--mostly the ones that are for .php pages.
    When you visit pinballlife, is the address auto-filling in your browser and including anything after the .com, or does it end at the .com?
    Do you have an extension installed that acts as a user-agent generator/spoofer? If you don't know what that is, then probably not.

You're right, I don't know what that is. I didn't see anything like that in the extension list.

What I tried so far to no avail:

Turned off VPN
    Cleared cookies and cache
    Opened IE and tried to open PBL
    Hand typed pinballlife.com into browser
    Updated Chrome
    Rebooted PC

One thing I noticed but probably irrelevant, is that Java want to be installed, found it in the hidden icons tray. I tried and it doesn't open, not even from the windows program list.

Recent change was installing McAfee but I think I have been on PBL since then.
    PC is 8 years old, windows 10.

When the window for the I'm not a robot opens and I click it is when the Forbidden 403 nginx error pops up.

#21 81 days ago

Java would have nothing to do with it. You probably don't even need it installed these days unless you specifically use software that needs it.

It's better to uninstall it if you don't need it. Outdated versions of Java tend to be a security risk.

Can you share a screenshot of your browser when you visit PBL? Perhaps there's a small detail visible that may offer a clue to the issue.

#22 81 days ago

Try this, since this link works for me.

https://www.pinballlife.com/storefront.html

#23 81 days ago

Thanks ForceFlow and @titanpenguin. At work until after midnight so will do then.

#25 79 days ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

It worked!! Question is why?

No idea. You said you cleared everything, only thing I can think of is you have it bookmarked to a page that is no longer available and it’s autofilling on you.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.