18%
  • GB Pro 9 votes
    18%

(51 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lotr2 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I currently own Met Pro and love it. Looking to add my next machine and want everyones opinions on which machine they would pick.

Here's the choices:

LOTR
TSPP
SpiderMan (original)
WD Pro
GB Pro

Love the theme on all of these. A little concerned about WD and GB because of recent QC problems and I'd be buying those new. Theres one LOTR in the area right now but it's been on route so I'm a little hesitant to pursue it. Have a lead on a HUO TSPP and Spiderman. Thoughts? Thanks.

#2 7 years ago

I think you should go with your instinct. Relying on others opinions when it comes to pinball machines usually doesn't pan out. Have you played all of these titles? So many people have such different tastes it's hard to rely on others. Since you own a Metallica, maybe buy one with a different layout (i.e. Not a fan layout). LOTR, Simpsons would be choices to ponder.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

I think you should go with your instinct. Relying on others opinions when it comes to pinball machines usually doesn't pan out.

Yeah but I love these kind of threads. I'd be happy with any of them so I really want to see how this shakes out.

#4 7 years ago

only stern choices?

#5 7 years ago

I just got a gb pro and I love it. It was a toss up between that and wd. I love them both. Spider man is super fun as well. My order goes gb, sm, wd, tspp, lotr.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from PinsideTroll:

only stern choices?

Yup, Stern rocks! But I'm open to other suggestions. Whatcha got?

#7 7 years ago

I think "original" Spiderman would be Gottlieb Amazing Spiderman.
But I know what you mean, and Stern Spiderman would be my choice.

#8 7 years ago

I'd go GB. If you like SM have you also considered ST? Great game with a similar layout that is at the end of its production run so you can still get one nib if that interests you. But definitely play them all and get the one you like best.

#9 7 years ago

LOTR. It is an absolute classic. The depth and play are simply the best. Great modes, great multiballs, great everything. I've always thought that everyone should own one at least once. The game only comes alive in the home.

If put TWD as second place in that list. Brutal, but well written and fun.

Spider-Man next. A good solid game. But some people find it too easy to keep playing over time.

I don't like GB and I don't find it fun. I don't think the rules match the playfield. It just doesn't work for me.

TSPP. I still don't get it. I never have. And that's just me. My stupid reason is that I hate where the pops are, so I never bother to learn the rules. For me, I want a game to shoot well to make me want to learn the rules. And I've never gotten past that on TSPP.

All just my opinions.

#10 7 years ago

With the options as you described them go with the HUO TSPP.

It's got super deep rules, lots of fun stuff to do and accomplish and is fun to play plus it is a good alternative to Met in terms of feel. It's the only game I have let go and then missed.

And when you get to the Springfield mystery spot..... Pure bliss.

Get TSPP.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Yup, Stern rocks! But I'm open to other suggestions. Whatcha got?

lots of b/w titles....... afm, mm, totan, tom, indy etc..........

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

I'd go GB. If you like SM have you also considered ST?

I have but prefer SM theme over ST. Looks like Spidey is in the lead.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

LOTR. It is an absolute classic. The depth and play are simply the best. Great modes, great multiballs, great everything. I've always thought that everyone should own one at least once. The game only comes alive in the home.

This would be my first choice but finding a HUO at the right price can be tough. And when they do come up you have to be johnny on the spot and be willing to get in a bidding war... someday I will own one. Just not sure if it's going to be the next one.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

With the options as you described them go with the HUO TSPP.

Kind of leaning this way. (sorry DaveH)
If it's in excellent shape it might be hard to pass up. It's a lot of game for the price.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from PinsideTroll:

lots of b/w titles....... afm, mm, totan, tom, indy etc..........

Find me a nice afm, mm, or totan for 5k and I'm sold. Would you rate tom, or indy higher than the sterns I've listed? And those titles don't come up for sale very often around here.

#16 7 years ago

I haven't played LOTR, but of the rest of those choices, it would be TWD hands down for me.

#17 7 years ago

Well yesterday I couldn't sleep and woke up at 4am. I was pretty sure I was going to buy TSPP, but I stumbled upon this little gem. An original owner HUO LOTR LE. Called him at 8am and worked out a deal. Super excited for this to be my next pin!
lotr2 (resized).jpglotr2 (resized).jpg

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Well yesterday I couldn't sleep and woke up at 4am. I was pretty sure I was going to buy TSPP, but I stumbled upon this little gem. An original owner HUO LOTR LE. Called him at 8am and worked out a deal. Super excited for this to be my next pin!

Nice. I'd rather have lotr than tspp myself. Love the theme.

#19 7 years ago

There were no bad choices on your list, and LOTR is a very good game.
Congrats and enjoy!

#20 7 years ago

Good choice. Enjoy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-picking-next-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.