(Topic ID: 287593)

Help Picking First Pin

By TheBeefSupreme

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which should I buy?”

• TMNT Pro 4 votes
      20%
    • AIQ Premium 1 vote
      5%
    • DP Pro/Premium 10 votes
      50%
    • Monster Bash Remake SE 5 votes
      25%

(20 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheBeefSupreme.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hi, I apologize in advance for another one of these posts since I’m sure you see them from new users all the time. That said, I have gone back and forth a million times in my head about what I should get. I’m going to be moving to PA soon and my wife has given me the ok to buy my first pin, or possibly two. I should note that I do already have Fire! which was my parent’s, but they gave it to me after I brought it back to life from a few issues.

Here is where I am stuck between. AIQ premium, TMNT pro, Deadpool Pro/Premium, Monster Bash Remake SE.

Monster Bash: I have only played this on FX3 and I play it a lot. It is a ton of fun to play but I am very worried it will get old quickly. Some plays seem to take over 20 minutes when I get multiple “bash” modes and I’m not sure if it will hold my attention longer term. I do like that it is approachable for friends and family but I doubt the theme will do much for them.

AIQ: this seems to fit the bill for a deeper pin. I am a huge marvel fan and, if I lived alone, I would probably get this right away. The problem is I want to get my wife and friends involved in playing too. I have heard from others this pin isn’t very inviting for new players. I don’t want a super frustrating pin, but I do want something challenging.

TMNT: On paper, this seems to fit to bill for a more social pin. My son is 3 and really likes TMNT. The coop might be a way for me to get my wife to play and the actual cabinet looks great. I did get to play it a bit at a distributor but it’s so hard to tell from a few plays. Seems like deep enough code to keep me playing for a while.

Deadpool: I have never gotten the chance to play this but I just hear great things about it. I’m a big fan of Deadpool comics. My concern is mostly if the family will like it. I honestly don’t know that my wife has ever played a pinball machines (I haven’t gotten Fire! From my parents house yet) so I want something that is inviting but still challenging.

I have watched a ton of videos about each of these but I would love to hear any opinions from the group here and especially about how these pins have resonated with the rest of the family

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Is pinball the the only hobby where no one knows what they want? lol no knock against you OP it’s just getting a little peculiar

It’s a big purchase so I don’t think it’s that crazy people would seek input from others who have made the purchase themselves. It would be great if I could just go out and play at distributors but the one near me doesn’t have them and I’m not super comfortable going out yet. I can read and watch the very few reviews available but they tend to be from a very specific player approach. I would love to also find something my family would enjoy, and that’s a big reason why I’m checking here. Can’t hurt to seek out information. Worst case scenario is a just get some unhelpful responses and then carry on as I normally would have.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I went back and read your initial post. I would go MB or TMNT based on your feedback. I am big family man, so if your son likes TMNT then go TMNT. He will only be a kid once and it would give you and him something to do together. MB is a great intro pin and if it gets to easy just turn off extra balls and crank the back legs up. The shots in MB are fantastic and straight forward, so very good for beginners. I own one and get to monsters of rock almost every game and still love playing it.

Thank you very much!!! That is very helpful!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheBeefSupreme.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-picking-first-pin?tu=TheBeefSupreme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.