• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by 2manypins
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

. I'm helping a buddy change his monitor out and I'm coming to a problem.
I got the correct monitor from arcade shop, his machine currently has a Jamma board, I bought a device picture below to get the video on the monitor.
I believe I have it wired up correctly but it also comes with a black/red 5v 12v.
I know where the connected on to the board but I don't know where to connect it in the cabinet to get the power from.
Any help from anyone with more knowledge is appreciated. Thanks

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2 2 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

. I'm helping a buddy change his monitor out and I'm coming to a problem.
I got the correct monitor from arcade shop, his machine currently has a Jamma board, I bought a device picture below to get the video on the monitor.
I believe I have it wired up correctly but it also comes with a black/red 5v 12v.
I know where the connected on to the board but I don't know where to connect it in the cabinet to get the power from.
Any help from anyone with more knowledge is appreciated. Thanks
[quoted image]

No. No. No. No. No.
It will look like garbage.
Save the CRT and do a cap kit. Or sell it to an arcade collector

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

but I don't know where to connect it in the cabinet to get the power from.

Power supply at the bottom of the cab. That has 5 & 12v for the board.

If it's aftermarket switching power supply, that's easy to tap off of. If it's an original, you'll probably need to look in the manual for the proper voltages.

IMHO, CRTs look much better on vintage vids. LCDs look like garbage.

#4 2 years ago

I understand both of your opinions about the CRT.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Power supply at the bottom of the cab. That has 5 & 12v for the board.
If it's aftermarket switching power supply, that's easy to tap off of. If it's an original, you'll probably need to look in the manual for the proper voltages.
IMHO, CRTs look much better on vintage vids. LCDs look like garbage.

I'm going to ask a stupid question but the red lead and the black Lead,where would they go?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-pac-man-crt-to-lcd-monitor- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.