Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Jazman
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Image-1 (resized).jpg
    #1 8 months ago

Some may know Steve and some may not. He is a fixture in the Wisconsin Pinball Community.

He has been in a car accident and could use some help with upcoming bills.

When I tell you he would give you the shirt off his back he would without hesitation.

Any donations will help with he and his partners care.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-my-neighbors-recover-after-car-accident?utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet&utm_content=undefined&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer&utm_term=undefined

Thanks

#2 8 months ago

any word on his condition? I just shot him a text

#3 8 months ago

Wow, just found out about Steve and Pat's accident. Steve has been a fixture running the arcade hall at the Midwest Gaming Classic since the Oconomowoc days, so if you have attended the MGC and enjoyed playing games in the arcade hall, it was because of Steve. Steve is one of the genuine good guys in the pinball hobby and he helped re-ignite pinball in Wisconsin with his Waunabowl tournament. Please consider helping him out.

#4 8 months ago

I remember all the mgc’s I went to and Tully would be smiling to meet you when bringing in a game. Such a great person.

#5 8 months ago

Tully did text me back this morn, he seems
    In good spirits

#6 8 months ago

Best wishes to a speedy recovery Tully

#7 8 months ago

The first tournament that I played in was Waunabowl which Tully organized which is why we refer to him as the Godfather. It is because of him that I met so many friends in the Wisconsin pinball community and started playing in more tournaments. He's such a good guy and always willing to help out others in the community. I wish him and Pat a speedy recovery. Please consider donating if you can.

#8 8 months ago

Best wishes and speedy recovery Tully! Last we chatted was at MGC in 2019. We played a game of BM66 together with my wife, him, and I think his grandson or nephew (I can't remember). It was a good time. Hope the few bucks I tossed over helps!

#9 8 months ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

The first tournament that I played in was Waunabowl which Tully organized which is why we refer to him as the Godfather. It is because of him that I met so many friends in the Wisconsin pinball community and started playing in more tournaments. He's such a good guy and always willing to help out others in the community. I wish him and Pat a speedy recovery. Please consider donating if you can.

Really similar experience for me. Those original waunabowl tourneys were really great community events that brought a lot of us together.

Tully is one of the all-time great guys in pinball (or outside pinball, for that matter). Please help if you can!

#10 8 months ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Really similar experience for me. Those original waunabowl tourneys were really great community events that brought a lot of us together.
    Tully is one of the all-time great guys in pinball (or outside pinball, for that matter). Please help if you can!

Same here. So many good friends thanks to Tully. And Pat is one of the sweetest people this planet has ever known.

#11 8 months ago

Yes, they're in good spirits thankfully. Pretty banged up but thankful to be on the right side of the dirt. We'll keep praying for a speedy recovery for Steve and Pat!
    Keith

#12 8 months ago

Giving this a bump for some evening eyes

#13 8 months ago

Wonderful person always goes the extra mile at MGC.

#14 8 months ago

steve is a great guy all around. Hope he recovers fast and life returns to normal.

#15 8 months ago

Has anyone gotten an update on his condition?

#16 8 months ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Has anyone gotten an update on his condition?

Hi everyone!

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all the kind words, texts, calls and contributions to the gofundme account. It’s been a very humbling experience.

We were very lucky and it could have been much worse. We were driving along when someone failed to yield and changed our lives. The kicker is we were on our way to help my brothers move our Mum into hospice.

Pat & I are on the mend. I’m at home for at least a month nursing 8 cracked ribs, a cracked vertebrae, bruises, etc. Pat just got out and will be in rehab for at least a month with cracked ribs, sternum and a bad broken leg. Fortunately, we’re in good spirits thanks to the support of family, friends, neighbors, coworkers, and especially the pinball friends I’ve had the good fortune to meet over the years.

It’s got me realizing how lucky we all are to be where we are at, and how a second or two in our past, present or future can make a huge difference whether we we realize it or not.

Can’t wait to get this f#*kin’ neck brace off so I can play some pinball!!

Thanks again, Pat & Tully.

#17 8 months ago

I don't know you but it sounds like your good peeps! Heal up fast!

#18 8 months ago
    Quoted from tullster:

Hi everyone!
    Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all the kind words, texts, calls and contributions to the gofundme account. It’s been a very humbling experience.
    We were very lucky and it could have been much worse. We were driving along when someone failed to yield and changed our lives. The kicker is we were on our way to help my brothers move our Mum into hospice.
    Pat & I are on the mend. I’m at home for at least a month nursing 8 cracked ribs, a cracked vertebrae, bruises, etc. Pat just got out and will be in rehab for at least a month with cracked ribs, sternum and a bad broken leg. Fortunately, we’re in good spirits thanks to the support of family, friends, neighbors, coworkers, and especially the pinball friends I’ve had the good fortune to meet over the years.
    It’s got me realizing how lucky we all are to be where we are at, and how a second or two in our past, present or future can make a huge difference whether we we realize it or not.

Sounds like you’re great spirits. That goes a long ways in trying times. I hope both of you recover quickly.

#19 8 months ago
    Quoted from tullster:

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the update, Steve. I hope for a quick and complete recovery.

I found this picture of us at load out from MGC.

Image-1 (resized).jpgImage-1 (resized).jpg
    #20 8 months ago

Thanks for the update Tully. Scary stuff. Well obviously there is still need for funds. So if everyone who reads this can just donate $5.00. Which is just one less Star bucks drink for the week we can push this past the go fund me goal.

Thanks for all you do for our community Tully. We are all so lucky to know you.

My best to you and Pat while you mend.

Chris.

#21 8 months ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Thanks for the update Tully. Scary stuff. Well obviously there is still need for funds. So if everyone who reads this can just donate $5.00. Which is just one less Star bucks drink for the week we can push this past the go fund me goal.
    Thanks for all you do for our community Tully. We are all so lucky to know you.
    My best to you and Pat while you mend.
    Chris.

I'm not too sure that I'd donate; speedy recovery!! Can't donate knowing you have items that can be liquidated.

#22 8 months ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

I'm not too sure that I'd donate; speedy recovery!! Can't donate knowing you have items that can be liquidated.

What?!? Why the hell would we want him to liquidate items? You wouldn't spout such nonsense if you'd ever been to the garage.

#23 8 months ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

What?!? Why the hell would we want him to liquidate items? You wouldn't spout such nonsense if you'd ever been to the garage.

I've unfortunately, have gone through terrible situations & when I needed money I'd sometimes have to sell off some stuff to make my financial situation healthier. IMO Gofund me is for people w/ zero options no assets that desperately need help. I wish the best for Tully but from the looks of it his collection is well over 45k he could cover his expenses by selling some of his pins. Once again, I'm sorry & I wish Tully a speedy recovery.

#24 8 months ago

Woah woah woah. Let’s nip this BS (from both ends) off right here before it gets out of hand.

Steve never asked for this, would never ask for this, and knowing him he is probably very uncomfortable with it in the first place. This was set up by some loving friends, and those of us that know and love them have decided to support them in this way. If you do not want to, that is fine.

I do not think any of us should be pressuring anyone to give. That’s not cool. But on the other end of that spectrum, it’s not cool to come in here and suggest he liquidate. Do you really think that isn’t already in his mind? This is us trying to insure that isn’t necessary. If you do not want to give, that is totally fine. Just scroll on past. No need for any negative comment. Just roll on by.

One big thing to know about Steve and Pat…your kind words, a text/email/phone call and some prayers or well wishes will mean the world to them beyond any giving. If you can’t or won’t give monetarily, that is totally ok…just give good vibes!

Keep this clean and respectful guys. This thread is about love.

#25 8 months ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Steve never asked for this, would never ask for this, and knowing him he is probably very uncomfortable with it in the first place. This was set up by some loving friends, and those of us that know and love them have decided to support them in this way. If you do not want to, that is fine.

This...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.