7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by 85vett
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Hi guys the backbox glass on my TFTC its broken i cant take out the plastic frame its tiny pieces of glass in there so i cant remove the translite any ideas?
    Thank you!

#2 7 years ago

If it's broken enough that you can fit something through it try to slide some paper or one of those flexible cutting boards in front of the translite.

If there are loose pieces of glass but no risk of getting super glue on the translite you can try a dab of glue on a dowel or wooden spoon. Touch the loose glass, then pull it out when the glue sets.

#3 7 years ago

thank you YeOldPinPlayer ill try the first one,this thing get me nervous dont want to scratch up the translite it got some damage beacuse a part of it was sticked to the glass...

#4 7 years ago

Don't know if you are local but if you are in Austin (or willing to drive to Round Rock) I have a piece of glass I don't need. Yours for free. Came out of Stern so I'm not positive it would fit but I'm sure someone will confirm that for you (us).

#5 7 years ago

thank you 85vett you are very kind!! im not in the US i have a good friend in living in Austing tho!.my main concern its how couald i remove teh pieces of glass from the plastic frame without doing any damage

#6 7 years ago

No worries. Do you have access to Laminate? If so, laminate a piece of notebook paper. That should be strong enough to slide between the translight and the glass and create a buffer between the two. Then you could slide the plastic piece off.

IF not laminate then anything that would be thin and semi Rigid should work for you. You just want a buffer between the translight and the glass.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-on-broken-backbox-glass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.