6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by BigAl56
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg

#1 6 years ago

I can't figure this one out. I have 5 new Wolffpac tech score displays. I have new Rottendog solenoid board. I am working with 1978 Lost World. I had problems with old score displays. (Burnt traces, burnt resistors,etc). Now I install all 5 new Wolffpac displays and none work. I swap my old ones in and I get some digits. So I can't see all 5 new displays not working, I know power is getting to the displays as proof with old displays getting life. My self test button is not working so that doesn't help. The Wolffpac tech people have been very helpful with suggestions but I am at a lost. Any ideas or people who have experience with this.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

Tried swapping just one new display in? Could be just one is bad but it's taking the rest out. I assume there's 5v at the displays? Is the game still booting to attract mode with the new displays?

#3 6 years ago

Tried with just one, doesn't work. I'm sorry but not sure what attract mode means.

#4 6 years ago

+1 on checking for 5v. Did you repin the display cables with .156 Trifurcon crimp terminals? I've had several where the issue was light corrosion and the magic was in rebuilding both sides - you have new male pins on the displays - so Id start with the cable ends at the displays if you have not tried that already. BPR

#5 6 years ago

Yes. Repinned all connectors to displays. Resoldered all heads on all boards. Repinned all connectors on all boards. Used 0.156 trifurcon pins. All fuses are good.

#6 6 years ago

So no +5 volts is what you are saying?
    In investigating this I found a typo in the schematic. However the 5v comes in on Pin 20 of the display connector, a 48 (Gn/Bk) wire to J3-17 of the solenoid driver. First check that wire and make sure it goes back to J3-17 on the solenoid board. If I have to guess, J3 on the sol driver is open. Try resoldering the pins on J3 and see if that helps. Pay special attention to pin 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-none-of-new-score-displays-working-lost-world?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.