(Topic ID: 152722)

Problem now completely fixed!! Thanks Charlie.

By eggbert52

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by eggbert52
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4091_(resized).JPG
IMG_4090_(resized).JPG
IMG_4089_(resized).JPG
IMG_4088_(resized).JPG
IMG_4087_(resized).JPG
IMG_4086_(resized).JPG
IMG_4085_(resized).JPG
IMG_4084_(resized).JPG
IMG_4083_(resized).JPG
#1 8 years ago

:-)Thanks so much for your help in advance. I took pictures of "almost" everything before I took apart the board. The only thing I did take a picture of was the speaker panel. However, it looks correct. I just got a new board in from Charlie and it doesn't even light up. Can you please look at the pictures and let me know if you see anything that is clearly wrong?

The only possible thing is that I lost two nuts in the cabinet and didn't bother putting them back on because it was supported very well and figured I'd get down there next week to retrieve them. That couldn't possibly be it could it? I should clarify and say that most of the lights in the back box light up but the display does not light up at all.

I'm perplexed and sincerely appreciate anyone's help. I'm not stupid but I'm not super technical. Still, this setup looks to be correct. These pictures are obviously the ones after reinstalling the new board. I've taken some old ones and I can't find a mistake.

Thanks again.

#2 8 years ago

OK. Did some work on it and the ribbon cable was in backwards. I have since switched it and now get all lighting that was added after market both on the sides in between the playfield and the back box. However, I am still unable to access the menu and the start button still doesn't not work. Getting closer but can't pinpoint the issue.

Thanks again.

#3 8 years ago

I think a friend of ours had a similar issue. His game would not go into attract, wouldn't start a game. There was a switch near the usb port that was one way for programming, and one way for run. Turns out his was set on program. Might be worth checking.

#4 8 years ago

Flake, fantastic suggestion and it made sense but wasn't the problem. However, you gave me a reason to take an even closer look at the board and the upper right large white plug was inserted one peg too high leaving the bottom prong naked. I moved it and everything now working smoothly.

Thanks again and I'll update the subject line as solved.

#5 8 years ago

So got the board working properly and now an issue is happening that never happened on my last board in the 2 weeks or so I actually got to play it. When I light lock and hit the elevator, the elevator just keeps going up and down. The ball will never transfer to the kick out lane. UGH, what gives? I'm 99.9% sure the board is plugged in perfectly. Could this be a code issue? Since I already started a thread I figured I would just go ahead and add on to it rather than post in another Spooky AMH thread. However, I'll go search those to see if anyone else is having the same issue.

Thanks.

EDIT: When peeps say how awesome the people are at Spooky Pinball this is why!! Charlie on a Saturday night helped me work through my issues and the game is now working 100%. I wasn't even asking him to, I figured it could wait till I get back from my trip on the 29th. However, he gave me the instructions and now everything is working great.

I will continue to buy their games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-new-board-does-not-work-please-take-a-look-at-the-pictures and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.