Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by kguenther6
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

schematic.jpg

#1 4 years ago

I have an F14 tomcat. Any switch in column 5 will activate multiple switches in other columns. I have replaced SRC6, Q43, SR15, U40 and U38 PIA. I know the issue is on the board because I removed connectors J8 and J10 and jumped the pins at J8-5 with pins on J10 and I get the multiple switch closures for any in column 5. I don't know what else it could be causing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit - I didn't replace the resistor at R72 because I didn't have one handy but I tested it with a MM and it checks out at 1.5k.

schematic.jpg

#2 4 years ago

Check all of the work you did for a short, blown trace or through-hole. Do you have a logic probe?

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Check all of the work you did for a short, blown trace or through-hole. Do you have a logic probe?

Good idea. I checked for a short on all my work but didn't check for a blown trace/through-hole. I'll do that. And I do have a logic probe.

#4 4 years ago

I broke out the logic probe and I am losing the signal between the U40 and the resistor. SR15 is the only thing between that and I can't get to the pins with the probe on SR15. So I will check SR15 out real good and the traces going to and from it and see what I come up with. Thanks.

#5 4 years ago

I found a broken trace. I put a patch wire on and its working fine now. Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 221.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside