9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pintucky
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I want to put a strip of color changing LEDS around my game room. I need about 60 feet of total run to go around the cieling, but I wasn't sure if there was a cheap way to do this using the LED strips commonly found on Amazon or Ebay. I contacted a company (superbrightled) on the web that said you needed something to boost the power after every 15 ft of LEDS and the total package cost with all elements was near $1,000. The strips on Amazon are considerably cheaper than the ones this company was selling. Does anyone know are these LEDS strips interchangeable? If not does anyone have a recomendation for a cheaper set up ( power supply, amps, links etc ) that could do all 60 feet?
    Thanks

#2 9 years ago

Use Christmas lights..... ....they come in led now.....hehe......Joey

#3 9 years ago

Thanks, but not looking for christmas light. I was hoping to use a kit similar to this.
    http://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-Waterproof-Flexible-300leds-Changing/dp/B00ASHQQKI/ref=sr_1_5

Just not sure how to string multiples together and what power supply to use.

#4 9 years ago

Keep in mind, if you use 2 complete set with controllers and remote, one remote will control both. Works great for static colors, not so great for sequencing as the two sets will start to get out of sync after a bit.

2 months later
    #5 9 years ago

i think you can buy led strip from led color www.szledcolor.com, i have bought led strip from them ,their led strip each led is individually , can make amazing effect .

#6 9 years ago

Im looking to do the same thing, so any suggestions would be great!

#7 9 years ago

Same question here. How do the amps etc work? How do you string them together? Inquiring minds want to know.

#8 9 years ago

I'm curious too how this would work.

My guess is use 3-4 controllers driving 15-20feet each?

#9 9 years ago

Keep an eye on your amperages. I bought a 5m (16 feet) RGB kit of 5050's from eBay with a controller and a 5amp power supply. At full length, full brightness, total draw was right around 6 amps, so it would reset and flicker and not be happy at all. Almost returned it but I hooked it up to my bench supply and was able to turn down the brightness (it remembers the color/brightness settings) so I could use it.

So you will need a pretty hefty power supply or better yet, a couple supplies around your room.

#10 9 years ago

I've got two sets of those same lights around my theater room. I never tried to hook them together, just used 2 different plug-ins and 2 remotes. I too would like to know how you can join the two strips together.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-needed-with-led-strip-lighting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.