• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Odessa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi,
When I press start the game resets properly and then the ball kicker struggles kicking out the ball. It usually tries a dozen times before the ball gets to the lane and then the ball count advances as it should but there is nothing happening on the playfield. The lights are all working and the middle kicker hole works, but is also weak. I've checked and replaced all the fuses and cleaned and checked jones plugs throughout. I've gone through and cleaned and adjusted relays and steppers and score reels etc and am not sure what would stop flippers, bumper and lanes from working...any ideas?

#2 8 years ago

if you manually change all score reels to something other than 0, do they all reset like they should? Sounds like you are not getting a full reset.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you manually change all score reels to something other than 0, do they all reset like they should? Sounds like you are not getting a full reset.

Yep, the score reels will reset to 0 if I manually change them. I think I'm getting a full reset but I don't know why the kicker lacks power and nothing working on playfield besides lights and kicker. Targets reset as they should also.

#4 8 years ago

On the schematic you'll see that the zero position and 6th position switches on the Ball Count unit both need to be closed in order for the playfield to be active. So when the ball gets kicked over to the plunger and crosses that ball trough switch, the Ball Count unit should advance once (to Ball 1), and this should close the zero position switch and enable the playfield (the 6th position switch should already be closed, until Game Over is reached).

Those two switches are on the backside of the Ball Count unit (which is in the backbox), so they may need cleaning/gapping.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

On the schematic you'll see that the zero position and 6th position switches on the Ball Count unit both need to be closed in order for the playfield to be active. So when the ball gets kicked over to the plunger and crosses that ball trough switch, the Ball Count unit should advance once (to Ball 1), and this should close the zero position switch and enable the playfield (the 6th position switch should already be closed, until Game Over is reached).
Those two switches are on the backside of the Ball Count unit (which is in the backbox), so they may need cleaning/gapping.

I don't use a schematic because they confuse me...must be the dyslexia But when the ball crosses the ball trough switch, it does advance to ball 1. If I play the ball it will go through through the 5 ball count until the game ends, so that all seems right. I'm not sure about the zero switch and the 6th position switch(I'll check them both in the morning) but I did take apart and clean the ball count unit.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

For the weak ball return kicker, this thread might be useful

Thanks dirtflipper, I'll check that too. It's both the middle kicker and ball kicker so I thought it isn't getting enough power to these coils maybe?...not sure how though.

#8 8 years ago

The associated score motor switches could need more cleaning/filing. Those are the larger sized contacts, and when they get dirty and pitted, not as good a signal gets through.

#9 8 years ago

And it would be a really, really good idea to get the schematic when working on EMs.

#10 8 years ago

I have had it where a coil was rubbed through the paper from vibration, touching the frame of the reset bank and draining 120 V to the reset bank. Maybe the coil chain of power is draining out somewhere and why nothing is getting power, and the stuff that is, is weak.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Working okay now, it was the ball count unit zero and 6th position switches opened... Thanks Dirtflipper!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lakeville, MN

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-needed-with-high-hand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.