6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ED25FFDD-E2AE-489C-8B7E-C12B5E93D40F (resized).jpeg
7FC2F1CF-DEAF-4DA3-83FE-546FA660A082 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goldenboy232.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Below are two photos – one from my Quick Draw that’s in my collection, and then the other, with the marked circle, from the Quick Draw I’m restoring. I was going through the board with the credit unit on it to see if it had been set for free play by its previous owner. I took the picture and noticed that the white plastic “nub” (not sure what you call it) seems to be pushed out further than the one on my other Quick Draw is (the other picture). As a result, it appears to be mashing both switches closed.

I know I will want that inside switch bent closed, as I’ve done on the game in my collection, so that the game will be set for free play. I wasn’t sure if it was a problem if that the outer switch is also mashed closed – and moreover, is it normal that that white plastic “nub“ is sticking out that far? If not, how do I get it back into place? I can’t seem to move it.

7FC2F1CF-DEAF-4DA3-83FE-546FA660A082 (resized).jpeg7FC2F1CF-DEAF-4DA3-83FE-546FA660A082 (resized).jpeg

ED25FFDD-E2AE-489C-8B7E-C12B5E93D40F (resized).jpegED25FFDD-E2AE-489C-8B7E-C12B5E93D40F (resized).jpeg

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Have you tried to add or subtract games, as the two drive ratchets move, that end of the 'Drive Ratchet" should move in or out. The two ratchets rotate and the adjoining edges have a cam shape, which extends or retracts the whole white ratchet assembly as it adds or subtracts credits.

Ok thanks. I’m an idiot. When the drive ratchet pulls back it looks like my other Quick Draw currently does and also reveals that the inner switch has not yet been bent shut into the always-closed position for free play.

Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goldenboy232.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-needed-with-gottlieb-half-moon-credit-unit?tu=goldenboy232 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.