Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pin-it
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rufessor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 10 years ago

Just my 2c-

I have a set of sanding pads that start at 600 and run to I think *3500* grit. I will be reiterating a bit some of the advice from above.

Simple fact is- if you want a mirror polish you need to start at about 600 (maybe lower depending on how coarse your biggest defects are) and go through an SERIES of steps up to 2500 grit or so. THEN you can use a rubbing compound (very fine) or a polish to finish it off.

As has been said before, Novus is completely useless on clear coat as anything other than a cleaner.

I do not find that I need to spend the really big dollars on a 3M kit, get a set of sanding pads to 3500 grit (or something like this) and step up from 600 - 3500 using as many as 6 different pads between the two, you will finish with a near mirror. Then a very fine rubbing compound or polish will finish it.

Using a quart of clear is a little heavy for a PF but its likely not an issue... but do give it time to cure. Depending on which clear it may only be a few days to cure or possibly a month... read the product information and believe it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rufessor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-needed-with-debris-in-clearcoat?tu=rufessor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.