(Topic ID: 303896)

Help needed with 1967 Williams Base Hit

By DennisD

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pitching unit 2 (resized).jpg
    Pitching unit 1 (resized).jpg
    Base Hit schematic7 switch issue.pdf (PDF preview)
    Base Hit scehmatic (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

I am new to the site, and to pinball repair as well. I recently acquired a 1967 Williams Base Hit in complete condition, but needing some love. I am able to start the unit up, see it zero out, and clear bases, and then it stalls there. No bat or pitching power. I noticed one of the two rollers on the pitcher unit was missing the roller that rides on the cam(See pics). After replacing with spares(thanks eBay), I restored power and now the pitching unit wheel continuously spins. I'm guessing that I may have not aligned switches properly once repaired. Still have no power to pitching or batting. I have the original schematic, but I'm a bit rusty on working through the ladder diagram. Is there any sort of troubleshooting guide that anyone can recommend? Also, should the tilt switch be in the open or closed position at startup?
    I've attached pics of the schematic as well as the two switches on the D-6322-67 pitching unit. Any help that you all can offer is greatly appreciated. I played the buttons off of one of these as a kid, and would really like to get it back in operation.
    Thanks,
    Dennis

Base Hit scehmatic (resized).jpgBase Hit scehmatic (resized).jpgBase Hit schematic7 switch issue.pdfBase Hit schematic7 switch issue.pdfPitching unit 1 (resized).jpgPitching unit 1 (resized).jpgPitching unit 2 (resized).jpgPitching unit 2 (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago

Your picture #3 shows a nylon lifter just floating at the bottom of the stack. looks like the switch blad it should ride on is missing.
    .................David Marston

#3 2 years ago

I had mentioned in my earlier post that I found the switch broken and replaced. Still unable to get past zero out.

#4 2 years ago

Is the game going to game over or tilt? You can look at the bottom board relays for this operation to see if they are energized as well lights on the back glass that could have blown bulbs.

This is usually the last thing the game score motor does on reset.

#5 2 years ago

Steve,
    The game goes through the reset process, clearing bases, and then gets stuck in what appears to be an endless loop. It keeps trying to clear?

#6 2 years ago

This thread has a start sequence that may help. » Forum » Electro-Mechanical » EM Pinball Tech » Hit and Run Base-Ball (Williams 1970)

#7 2 years ago

Check the run score reels by manually zeroing in the back glass window if not their already.

#8 2 years ago

Also ask the moderators to move this threade to the EMA (arcade) sub forum to get more help.

#9 2 years ago

Also ask the moderators to move this thread to the EM arcade sub forum. There are more people there that can help.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-needed-with-1967-williams-base-hit- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.