Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by CNKay
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5682_org.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago

I think a good rule is 4-5 machines per 20 amp breaker. This allows for a good cushion for those times when the machines have everything going on at once. Also, remember that any amp draw will vary depending on the number of LEDs you have in your machines.

I have 5 20 amp circuits in my game room. The most I have on a single one is 3 pinball machines and 2 video arcade games. I also have each circuit on a switch.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

I should have also asked if I should use 12 gauge wire or 14. I assumed 12 was the standard for outlets and 14 for lights but I was wrong, the electrician said they use 14 for outlets now and it meets code requirements, but they are only able to put a certain amount on each circuit, that surprised me.

Whether it is outlets or lights is irrelevant. Your electrician's response surprises me. The general rule of thumb is that 14 gauge is for 15 amp circuits and 12 gauge is for 20 amp circuits.

You should definitely do 12 gauge.

Quoted from NYP:

as I'm the only one there and I'm not worried about someone shutting it off in the middle of the game.

The way I addressed this concern is I put the switches behind a door (so when the door is open the switches are covered). This way people do not mistake them for light switches. Another option would be to put them higher up so they are not in an ordinary light switch position.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-needed-wiring-gameroom?tu=daley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.