(Topic ID: 302551)

Help needed quickly - switch matrix error

By Phantasize

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phantasize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hello everyone

I have a Whirlwind that started acting up, due to switches registering wrong. And the most annoying part is that the machine is being picked up by a buyer in 3 hours... Tha machine have always been working perfectly up until now.

I have included an image that shows the problem. But in short, when i trigger switches from row 8, another (wrong) switch from row 8 triggers instead. IE triggering right outlane (switch 16) with my finger, shows Inner loop (switch 40) registering in the display.

If i disconnect the switch cables from the CPU board, and jumper the pins instead, everything is registering correctly.

Hoping someone has a an idea where to look?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #3 2 years ago

Turned out it was SR11. A 560 Ohm networked resistor array. One of the internal resistors (the one on row 8 ) was faulty. Added a new single 560 Ohm resistor for row 8, and everything is now working again.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phantasize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-needed-quickly-switch-matrix-error?tu=Phantasize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.