(Topic ID: 226655)

Help needed - picking up a Shadows. How do I fold the backbox?

By Pinasco

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Pinasco
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hi ! Sorry if this sounds like an idiot alert; but I'm picking up a Shadow tomorrow (my first WPC) and will probably be a little bit in a hurry. Is there anything hard or finnicky about folding down that backbox ?

Is it like my old Big Guns; one large clasp on the back between head and cabinet and 2 or 4 additional hexnuts inside the bottom av the head that need to be unscrewed to fold that head down ?

I would be very grateful for any hints or maybe internet links.

I've looked through the Shadows manual (PDF) - but this issue isnt very well covered it seems.

#2 5 years ago

yes should be the same.

#3 5 years ago

Max of two bolts inside, clasp on the back.

Also note the power cord is clamped in with a screw on cover, you can't just push it into the cab like on a system 11. Need to remove the cover and pull the cord out.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

clasp on the back

I always remove the clasp part attached to the lower cabinet by removing the 4 screws. They always get bent up when setting the game up on end. I've tried taping it flat, but it never stays taped.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

I always remove the clasp part attached to the lower cabinet by removing the 4 screws. They always get bent up when setting the game up on end. I've tried taping it flat, but it never stays taped.

And could damage your floor finish, I know first hand.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

I have to remove the retainer bracket on the backbox in order to fit games in my doorway. Learned that the hard way!

#7 5 years ago

Thanks a bundle guys !

Are there any special tools required for the cover/ power cord pull that zacaj mentions above ?

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinasco:

Thanks a bundle guys !
    Are there any special tools required for the cover/ power cord pull that zacaj mentions above ?

1/4” hex nut driver for the bracket on the back, regular leg bolt wrench if there are bolts in the backbox. Not everybody installs those at home since there’s the thing on the back

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Never considered doing that. Great point because think I scratched my junk up from that as well. Just take your time. Worst thing is when you get in a hurry or tired from long drive and start forgetting stuff.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinasco:

Thanks a bundle guys !

Should just be a phillips screwdriver.

#11 5 years ago

1/4 driver for clasp, Phillips screwdriver for power cord cover.

#12 5 years ago

Huge thanks !!!!! I think I've got a pretty good picture now.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-needed-picking-up-a-shadows-how-do-i-fold-the-backbox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.