da57fcdda41c0bd5afb6aff903702eab8da6159f.jpeg
2E3F6EAE-7FAB-493A-9E1C-F07FEC052834 (resized).jpeg
1613214454(1).png
1584786968.png
Screenshot_20210211_202505_org.mozilla.fennec_fdroid(1).jpg
Screenshot_20210211_201904_com.google.android.apps.docs(1).jpg
0A8DB5C7-549F-4288-8C65-74168F443D52.jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Hey everyone. Looking for a little help here. I recently picked up a MMPM last week and it had a few problems. Random, pop bumper and left slingshot would go off when the right flipper is activated. So, i rerouted the flipper wires separately from the bundle and that seemed to fix the problem. Now i have a new "problem" that wasn't there before. I distinctly remember being able to do a skill shot with every new ball. Now, the red arrow doesn't come on at ball launch. I can see the red arrow strobe in attract mode and can still access the maze during regular gameplay, but it seems the skillshot at ball launch doesn't come up anymore. To be clear, this didn't happen before servicing the machine. It would work every time and It doesn't effect the gameplay, but it still sucks that its not there anymore. Anyone know what is causing this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

#2 3 years ago

The lamp just lets the player know the skill shot is active. Are you certain that light works? Go into test mode to check... swap out the bulb.

Second question, go to switch test and confirm the skill shot switch is working. If not, clean/adjust/diagnose why it is not registering.

Post here the results.

Only other possibly thing... start a game and look at the score. Do you have points even before you launch the ball? If yes, you have a switch scoring points before you launch the ball. THAT ACTION will remove the skill shot because the game thinks the ball is already in play.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

The lamp just lets the player know the skill shot is active. Are you certain that light works? Go into test mode to check... swap out the bulb.
Second question, go to switch test and confirm the skill shot switch is working. If not, clean/adjust/diagnose why it is not registering.
Post here the results.
Only other possibly thing... start a game and look at the score. Do you have points even before you launch the ball? If yes, you have a switch scoring points before you launch the ball. THAT ACTION will remove the skill shot because the game thinks the ball is already in play.

snyper2099 First off, thanks for your response. Secondly, you are absolutely correct. I just checked and it does start with 500 points. Ill go over the switches once again. Much appreciated brother. I will report back if I can find out which switch is the culprit.

#4 3 years ago

So after a quick inspection, i think i may have found the problem. One of the left side “ghost” drop targets had come off its spring. When the game starts, the targets reset, but this specific one would pop up and immediately fall back down causing it to score 500. I also noticed it had a crack where the spring loops into. I may have to take it out and replace it. I doubt gorilla glue would hold it together being that they are really thin. Ill report back when i can test a new target. Thanks again @snyper2099. I was banging my head trying to figure it out all day.

808D167A-5C34-472C-A18E-4EB6DF9A5776.jpeg808D167A-5C34-472C-A18E-4EB6DF9A5776.jpeg
#5 3 years ago

A little superglue or epoxy into that crack *might* fix it well enough if it's just cracked and not broken off and the spring merely slipped thru the crack.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

A little superglue or epoxy into that crack *might* fix it well enough if it's just cracked and not broken off and the spring merely slipped thru the crack.

Looking closer at it, it seems it is cracked around the base as well and someone tried to repair it with hot glue lol.

#7 3 years ago

snyper2099 so after “fixing” the drop target. The problem went away temporarily. It seems that there is still something else causing the 500 points to keep popping up. Im noticing that it happens when the outhole kicker sends out the ball. Almost everytime. But funny thing is, it doesn’t happen when i have the playfield propped up to service. Ive loaded 8 credits just to confirm. When the playfield is up, the problem is gone. Playfield down, it comes back. Is this pointing to a short somewhere? Thanks in advance.

#8 3 years ago

So it appears that i have figured out the problem. I ended up searching through the forums and found another user "Pecos" had a similar "phantom scoring" problem and it ended up being one of the Wire spinners. Sure enough, after inspecting the area, the left wire spinner switch was closed. After bending it back into place, no more phantom scoring with the outkicker or during gameplay. I love Pinside. Thanks for all the help with the problem. Now, to figure out why the top yellow arrow on the left ramp stays solid. It never blinks to allow me entrance into the maze.

2C6449C0-2DED-4C50-9CAA-C6852EAB96BA.jpeg2C6449C0-2DED-4C50-9CAA-C6852EAB96BA.jpeg

#9 3 years ago

Good work!

As far as the arrow for the maze, does the light ever turn off, say in attract mode or lamp test? Just wondering if the lamp is locked on or if there's a switch that may not be working, leading to the game not allowing you to enter the maze. Have you verified all the switches in the game are working properly now that you've squared away the other issues?

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Good work!
As far as the arrow for the maze, does the light ever turn off, say in attract mode or lamp test? Just wondering if the lamp is locked on or if there's a switch that may not be working, leading to the game not allowing you to enter the maze. Have you verified all the switches in the game are working properly now that you've squared away the other issues?

frunch thanks for your response brother. To be clear, I can still enter the maze going up and down the ramp but its hard to tell when the maze is open when the arrows never blink. I just confirmed that the right maze arrow is also solid/never blinks. To answer your question about the lamp test. The arrows in question do stay solid during testing but dim slightly instead of blinking. During startup, they are also solid and appear immediately at power up when everything else on the GI is still warming up. Thanks in advance.

#11 3 years ago

No prob!

So just to clarify further, are these the 2 arrows you're having trouble with? Any other lamps locked on similarly?

1377379568.png1377379568.png
#12 3 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

No prob!
So just to clarify further, are these the 2 arrows you're having trouble with? Any other lamps locked on similarly?
[quoted image]

Yes those are correct as well as the ones i highlighted in Red. I assumed the red ghost is supposed to stay solid. As for the one on the far lower right, im not even sure what that light indicates score-wise, but it does stay solid during gameplay and attract mode. During a lamp test, it does blink so i dont think its a problem. The three others will stay solid during gameplay, lamp test, and immediately when powering up.

3C4B1524-7395-4A36-8A3B-3AE2B960ABE9 (resized).jpeg3C4B1524-7395-4A36-8A3B-3AE2B960ABE9 (resized).jpeg

#13 3 years ago

Could you post pics of each of the problem lamps under the playfield? It appears the 2 "maze qualified" arrows share an SCR on the lamp driver board--sounds like the SCR is bad causing them both to lock on, or one of those 2 lamp sockets is touching metal/ground nearby. See the "Left and right saucer maze arrow" on the diagram below for it's place in the schematic (on the lamp driver board diagram).
Screenshot_20210211_165106_com.google.android.apps.docs(1).jpgScreenshot_20210211_165106_com.google.android.apps.docs(1).jpg
The lamp on the lower right is likely working. It looks like it's there to indicate when the value labeled on the plastic above it is lit. (5,000+2 moves) Screenshot_20210211_174633_org.mozilla.fennec_fdroid(1).jpgScreenshot_20210211_174633_org.mozilla.fennec_fdroid(1).jpg

The light for the ghost on the left might actually be wired into the general illumination, in which case it won't blink at any point unless all the GI lights blink (some games control the GI lights with a relay to flash them all off/on or temporarily turn off the GI for added effect). A pic of that lamp under the playfield should help us determine if that's the case here.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Could you post pics of each of the problem lamps under the playfield? It appears the 2 "maze qualified" arrows share an SCR on the lamp driver board--sounds like the SCR is bad causing them both to lock on, or one of those 2 lamp sockets is touching metal/ground nearby. See the "Left and right saucer maze arrow" on the diagram below for it's place in the schematic (on the lamp driver board diagram).
[quoted image]
The lamp on the lower right is likely working. It looks like it's there to indicate when the value labeled on the plastic above it is lit. (5,000+2 moves) [quoted image]
The light for the ghost on the left might actually be wired into the general illumination, in which case it won't blink at any point unless all the GI lights blink (some games control the GI lights with a relay to flash them all off/on or temporarily turn off the GI for added effect). A pic of that lamp under the playfield should help us determine if that's the case here.

Thanks so much for the info @frunch. I seriously appreciate all the help, After reviewing a few videos, it does appear the red ghost stay lit at all times. I’ve attached pictures of the lamps in question from below the playfield. As far as i can see, it doesnt look like the lamp sockets are contacting anything. It may have to do with the Lamp Driver Board. This is the first pinball machine that i have serviced to this degree, so forgive me if I’m unfamiliar with some of the terms, like SCR. As far as the diagram you provided, do the numbers after “A5J3” correspond with the pins on the J3 connector? I.e. A5J3-“20”.

0A8DB5C7-549F-4288-8C65-74168F443D52.jpeg0A8DB5C7-549F-4288-8C65-74168F443D52.jpeg17EE5EA2-7BCE-4F27-AD86-A3B8704C5C7C.jpeg17EE5EA2-7BCE-4F27-AD86-A3B8704C5C7C.jpegB79C16DA-A9D0-4A6C-9B8F-5B0AE008F9D2.jpegB79C16DA-A9D0-4A6C-9B8F-5B0AE008F9D2.jpeg
#15 3 years ago

You're welcome!

We all gotta start somewhere, no need to apologise if you're unfamiliar with this any of the concepts or terminology--there's lots to learn! I'm happy to try to explain any of this stuff further--just ask if you have any questions.

Anyway, thanks for the pics--i agree it looks like the sockets aren't shorted or anything like that.

To answer your other questions: A5J3-20 translates to:
A5 (Lamp Driver Board) here's where that info is in the schematic: 1584786968.png1584786968.png

J3 (connector J3)
-20 is referring to the pin number on that connector.

Also note the other number on the left "78". That's a color code that can be looked up on the wire color chart elsewhere in the schematic. Here's the chart: Screenshot_20210211_201904_com.google.android.apps.docs(1).jpgScreenshot_20210211_201904_com.google.android.apps.docs(1).jpg

The first digit is the main wire color, the second digit is the stripe/tracer color. So in this case you have "78"--orange (7) with a black (8) stripe/tracer... So you'll find an Orange/black wire at pin 20 of the J3 connector on the Lamp Driver Board (A5). That wire runs from A5J3-20 down to the playfield, finally ending up at the ground tab for both of those sockets for the "maze qualified" arrows. Note there's 2 orange/black wires at one of those sockets and one orange/black wire at the other one? Those 2 lamp sockets are "daisy-chained"--the orange/black wire runs from the lamp driver (A5J3-20) to one lamp, then an *additional* orange/black wire is run from that socket to the other socket. From your pics: Screenshot_20210211_202505_org.mozilla.fennec_fdroid(1).jpgScreenshot_20210211_202505_org.mozilla.fennec_fdroid(1).jpg

That orange/black wire is on the ground side of the lamp socket. The DC voltage for the lamp is provided by the wire on the other part of the socket. What the SCR does is essentially provide a path to ground for the voltage coming into the lamp. When the SCR activates, the lamp comes on. When an SCR goes bad they often will "lock on" causing them to turn the lamp on and keep it activated for as long as the game is turned on. Looking at the schematic for the lamp driver, it appears that Q41 is the SCR that drives those 2 lamps. I'm thinking that's probably our culprit here. 1613214454(1).png1613214454(1).png

Do you have a multimeter?

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

You're welcome!
We all gotta start somewhere, no need to apologise if you're unfamiliar with this any of the concepts or terminology--there's lots to learn! I'm happy to try to explain any of this stuff further--just ask if you have any questions.
Anyway, thanks for the pics--i agree it looks like the sockets aren't shorted or anything like that.
To answer your other questions: A5J3-20 translates to:
A5 (Lamp Driver Board) here's where that info is in the schematic: [quoted image]
J3 (connector J3)
-20 is referring to the pin number on that connector.
Also note the other number on the left "78". That's a color code that can be looked up on the wire color chart elsewhere in the schematic. Here's the chart: [quoted image]
The first digit is the main wire color, the second digit is the stripe/tracer color. So in this case you have "78"--orange (7) with a black (8) stripe/tracer... So you'll find an Orange/black wire at pin 20 of the J3 connector on the Lamp Driver Board (A5). That wire runs from A5J3-20 down to the playfield, finally ending up at the ground tab for both of those sockets for the "maze qualified" arrows. Note there's 2 orange/black wires at one of those sockets and one orange/black wire at the other one? Those 2 lamp sockets are "daisy-chained"--the orange/black wire runs from the lamp driver (A5J3-20) to one lamp, then an *additional* orange/black wire is run from that socket to the other socket. From your pics: [quoted image]
That orange/black wire is on the ground side of the lamp socket. The DC voltage for the lamp is provided by the wire on the other part of the socket. What the SCR does is essentially provide a path to ground for the voltage coming into the lamp. When the SCR activates, the lamp comes on. When an SCR goes bad they often will "lock on" causing them to turn the lamp on and keep it activated for as long as the game is turned on. Looking at the schematic for the lamp driver, it appears that Q41 is the SCR that drives those 2 lamps. I'm thinking that's probably our culprit here. [quoted image]
Do you have a multimeter?

Thank you for clearing that up @frunch. I’m always eager to learn. I do not own a multimeter but it would be easy for me to pick one up tomorrow at Lowe’s/Home Depot. Is there a specific type i need to purchase and what exactly do i need to do/look for?

#17 3 years ago

Pretty much any multimeter should be able to handle the tests we'll need it for. I would think something in the $20-30 range will probably be more than sufficient. We'll need it to be able to test ac and dc voltage, resistance, continuity, and diode test. Almost all meters are capable of doing all that and more. Something like this would work: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-Manual-Ranging-Digital-Multimeter-MM300/206517192

#18 3 years ago

Keep us updated. With a voltmeter you should be able to get these lamps sorted out. Testing Q41 may be the next step but honestly, that transistor is .40 cents and I would just order 10 of them if you are waiting on a meter too.

I have a box full to the top with bad Transistors and disc caps. On average these Bally machines from this era have at least two disc caps or transistors per machine that failed when I encounter a machine that hasn’t been worked on in years.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Keep us updated. With a voltmeter you should be able to get these lamps sorted out. Testing Q41 may be the next step but honestly, that transistor is .40 cents and I would just order 10 of them if you are waiting on a meter too.
I have a box full to the top with bad Transistors and disc caps. On average these Bally machines from this era have at least two disc caps or transistors per machine that failed when I encounter a machine that hasn’t been worked on in years.

snyper2099 Sorry, yes I have a multimeter and a s&t cap kit coming in that I am waiting on. Arkansas/Texas just got hit with a snow storm so everything is currently closed. All of my shipments have been on pause as well. Please let me know which transistors I should order if possible. Thanks and I'll keep you posted.

#20 3 years ago

Ok so i was tired of waiting for the shipment to come in, and this is the only ac/dc voltage tester they had In stock near me. Will this work?

2E3F6EAE-7FAB-493A-9E1C-F07FEC052834 (resized).jpeg2E3F6EAE-7FAB-493A-9E1C-F07FEC052834 (resized).jpeg
#21 3 years ago

Nah, you need a diode test to test transistors and resistance.
I believe the transistor you need is 2n5060. Been drinking so hopefully that’s correct!

#22 3 years ago

Go to Harbor Freight. This is a cheap knock off of better meters, but it will do everything you need it to do for pinball. $22.99

https://www.harborfreight.com/11-function-digital-multimeter-with-audible-continuity-61593.html

#23 3 years ago

Ok everyone, I have the multimeter ready to test the Q41 SCR. frunch What settings do I need the meter on to test?

da57fcdda41c0bd5afb6aff903702eab8da6159f.jpegda57fcdda41c0bd5afb6aff903702eab8da6159f.jpeg
#24 3 years ago
B7D9FD10-A060-4051-A605-A989EED4134F (resized).jpegB7D9FD10-A060-4051-A605-A989EED4134F (resized).jpeg
#25 3 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

[quoted image]

JayDee thank you and which port on the meter do I place the red connector (left/right)? Do I also need to completely remove the Lamp Driver Board to test? And, at what two points of the Q41 SCR should I make contact? Do I test the soldering points on the back of the board? Sorry for all the noob questions lol.

#26 3 years ago

Right side. You can see the diode symbol next to the little battery symbol on your meter. What your readings are supposed to be I’m not sure. Someone here can give you more details about that

FB8307DA-F255-414E-A373-D80014746F3E (resized).jpegFB8307DA-F255-414E-A373-D80014746F3E (resized).jpeg

#27 3 years ago

Here's what Clay's guide says about testing the SCR. I believe this is one of the larger MCR-106 SCRs the lamp board. Black lead will always be plugged in center port on meter, red lead will always be in the right slot except hi amperage testing (you'll likely never need to put the red lead in that port). Meter testing unfortunately isn't always accurate for testing SCRs, but I've caught bad ones with a meter. Set the meter to diode test and check the SCR with the following instructions. You can check them on the front side or back side of the board. What i like to do is compare readings with other adjacent SCRs to see if anything stands out. Given the symptoms, i won't be surprised if it is indeed a bad/locked on SCR causing the issue. Anyways, here's the procedure:

MCR106-1 Lamp Driver SCR test:

Put the black lead of your meter on the outside "cathode" leg (labeled
"C") of the SCR.
Put the red lead of your meter on the outside "gate" leg (labeled "G")
of the SCR. Your meter should read .4 to .6 volts.
Swap the meter leads. Now the meter should read 1.4 to 1.6 volts.
If your meter reads anything outside the values above, replace that
MCR106-1.

#28 3 years ago

Yes, both the SCRs and the smaller transistors on these older Bally lamp boards frequently need replaced on newly acquired games, so buy a quantity of them. I usually don't have much problems with them after the initial overhaul. I think those older lamps when they get dark start sucking more current and then the aged transistors go kaputz.

Pretty easy to measure, and compare these against a known working channel. Another method is to set your meter to read DC volts, attach your meter ground to circuit ground, turn the game on lamp test, and compare points around the transistor and SCR between good working and non-working channels. On a old Bally with many lamp problems that's my MO, replace all the bulbs first, then tackle lamp board transistors.

#29 3 years ago

Any updates? Waiting on parts? That's my least favorite part of this hobby

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Any updates? Waiting on parts? That's my least favorite part of this hobby

Yes, was waiting on the scr’s to come in but i am now out of state for my brother’s wedding. Just got the update that they were delivered yesterday. I’ll be starting the repair first thing when i’m home.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

MCR106-1 Lamp Driver SCR test:
Put the black lead of your meter on the outside "cathode" leg (labeled
"C") of the SCR.
Put the red lead of your meter on the outside "gate" leg (labeled "G")
of the SCR. Your meter should read .4 to .6 volts.
Swap the meter leads. Now the meter should read 1.4 to 1.6 volts.
If your meter reads anything outside the values above, replace that
MCR106-1.

frunch Followed the procedure and these are the readings below. I will be swapping out the SCR at Q41 now, and we will see if that improves anything. Will report back soon.
1ADEEEAC-32A5-46C2-80DB-E1C3245B60B7 (resized).jpeg1ADEEEAC-32A5-46C2-80DB-E1C3245B60B7 (resized).jpeg38FBA1D0-BCAA-4C94-9592-8AD4B349AA86 (resized).jpeg38FBA1D0-BCAA-4C94-9592-8AD4B349AA86 (resized).jpeg
6424DF41-8329-4097-8429-15BC64875059 (resized).jpeg6424DF41-8329-4097-8429-15BC64875059 (resized).jpeg

#32 3 years ago

Right on. Readings are saying it's good or maybe slightly out of spec, but I'd go ahead and replace it anyway. It's good to get familiar with this type of testing even if it doesn't always give you 100% accuracy. In the future you can use the same procedure for testing transistors, chips, and diodes. It may not always reveal the culprit but it's a quick easy way to get started troubleshooting certain problems.

Make sure to orient the new scr correctly on the board!

Fingers crossed, it should hopefully solve the issue.

#33 3 years ago

frunch wayout440 JayDee here is a vid of my results. Thanks for the help brothers. ✌

#34 3 years ago

Great stuff, man! Congrats on the fix!!!

#35 3 years ago

Good job! Now frunch and I can take a coffee break while you help everyone else fix their games. Lol.

#36 3 years ago

frunch wayout440 , So i recently started having problems with my “Pac-Man” playfield lights. Specifically the 5x pacman symbols that sit right beneath the “Pac-Maze.” 4 of them light up and blink as they should but the 5th one just glows very dim. I tried changing the bulb and resoldering the daisy-chained connection under the playfield but that did not help. Im assuming it may be a SCR on the Main Lamp Board that needs to be replaced. My question is if the schematic areas i highlighted in Yellow are the correct ones to address. I also wanted to double check that the pic i attached are the correct SCR’s to purchase. Thanks again! So close to having it 100% (im at 98.9% with this non-working light and a missing backbox numerical display)

B5D11941-64BB-4F0B-82A4-FF61A4714D7F (resized).jpegB5D11941-64BB-4F0B-82A4-FF61A4714D7F (resized).jpegB8E25874-1FE8-4D7E-9C37-B3B144EC6B35 (resized).jpegB8E25874-1FE8-4D7E-9C37-B3B144EC6B35 (resized).jpeg65527219-6AE5-4C96-90D9-11D90DB6A738 (resized).jpeg65527219-6AE5-4C96-90D9-11D90DB6A738 (resized).jpegE239B7FC-BA36-491E-863A-B193FE36CAF9 (resized).jpegE239B7FC-BA36-491E-863A-B193FE36CAF9 (resized).jpeg

#37 3 years ago

As far as i can see, that is a suitable replacement. Also looks like you have the correct SCR's on the chart. An easy way to verify would be to check the wire color on the ground tab of each of those 5 lamps and compare them with the chart. If they match up, you have the right ones.

I don't know if there's any unused SCRs on your lamp board, but some games don't utilize all of them allowing you to "steal" one to replace the bad one with. Have to check the schematics and see if any aren't being used. That game has a bunch of lamps though, so you may not find any to spare.

I'd still order the ones you have listed though, just thought I'd point out that there's sometimes a chance you can do that too

Before doing any of that though, be sure the socket itself isn't shorted internally. Take the lamp out and get a good look inside the socket. Make sure nothing got bent internally or stuck in the socket, and that the wiring too the socket is not touching anything adjacent. I'd try measuring between the 2 solder tabs of the socket (with the bulb removed) and make sure you're not getting a beep with the meter in continuity test. That could indicate an internal short in the socket (i would think, i don't have my games in front of me). Either way, it should be a fairly easy fix

One other thing--try an incandescent bulb instead of an LED (i think you have LEDs installed) just to rule out the LEDs as a possibility. Not likely, but could be worth looking into if nothing else pans out.

#38 3 years ago

It appears you are using LEDs for those feature lamps. LED bulbs will not work correctly in the “feature lamps” of a classic Bally/Stern game unless you upgrade your lamp board or add on the Seigecraft adapters to the lamp board. Switch back to incandescent or upgrade to the above.

The Seigecraft solution is cheaper and would allow you to keep your repaired lamp board.

https://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_product=44&controller=product&id_lang=1

If not, some will always randomly be dimly lit, flicker, or not turn on/off properly.

Glad you are getting the game sorted out, it’s a lot of fun if you understand the rules and is such an underrated classic Bally title.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

As far as i can see, that is a suitable replacement. Also looks like you have the correct SCR's on the chart. An easy way to verify would be to check the wire color on the ground tab of each of those 5 lamps and compare them with the chart. If they match up, you have the right ones.
I don't know if there's any unused SCRs on your lamp board, but some games don't utilize all of them allowing you to "steal" one to replace the bad one with. Have to check the schematics and see if any aren't being used. That game has a bunch of lamps though, so you may not find any to spare.
I'd still order the ones you have listed though, just thought I'd point out that there's sometimes a chance you can do that too
Before doing any of that though, be sure the socket itself isn't shorted internally. Take the lamp out and get a good look inside the socket. Make sure nothing got bent internally or stuck in the socket, and that the wiring too the socket is not touching anything adjacent. I'd try measuring between the 2 solder tabs of the socket (with the bulb removed) and make sure you're not getting a beep with the meter in continuity test. That could indicate an internal short in the socket (i would think, i don't have my games in front of me). Either way, it should be a fairly easy fix
One other thing--try an incandescent bulb instead of an LED (i think you have LEDs installed) just to rule out the LEDs as a possibility. Not likely, but could be worth looking into if nothing else pans out.

Thanks so much for clarifying that @frunch. Never thought to check the wire color on the chart. That actually helps me narrow down the exact socket instead of switching out all 5 SCRs. Ill report back when the SCRs come in.

Quoted from snyper2099:

It appears you are using LEDs for those feature lamps. LED bulbs will not work correctly in the “feature lamps” of a classic Bally/Stern game unless you upgrade your lamp board or add on the Seigecraft adapters to the lamp board. Switch back to incandescent or upgrade to the above.
The Seigecraft solution is cheaper and would allow you to keep your repaired lamp board.
https://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_product=44&controller=product&id_lang=1
If not, some will always randomly be dimly lit, flicker, or not turn on/off properly.
Glad you are getting the game sorted out, it’s a lot of fun if you understand the rules and is such an underrated classic Bally title.

snyper2099 I actually have two of these adapters installed. One on the main Lamp Driver Board and one on the Aux Lamp Board as well. Still having the same problem, but the heavy flickering I was getting from the LEDs has been resolved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-needed-no-skillshot-mr-amp-mrs-pac-man-pinball?hl=skidave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.