IMG_0357.jpeg
65757 (resized).JPG
20210819_165540 (resized).jpg
20210819_171316 (resized).jpg
20210819_171321 (resized).jpg
20210819_171329 (resized).jpg
20210819_171411 (resized).jpg
20210819_172744 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vespula.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#215 2 years ago

Would I be unpopular if I posted my opinion that there are people on here with stable play fields thousands of plays later after bulletproofing ? I will add myself to this club once mine arrives. I know it's not what people want or expect, me included, and extra work bulletproofing doesn't appear to be avoidable but the issues do appear to be preventable proven by those on pinside that follow the bulletproofing... and like thousands of others, I want this pin! So go in eyes wide open and expectations set properly. Will it affect future purchases for JJP? Undoubtedly yes. So some of you can sleep better at night knowing it does affect their reputation but so far not their sales. I've seen plenty of people on here post they decided to cancel their order because of it. Their pin will just go to somebody else. JJP monetarily will be left unfazed in the shuffle.

Quoted from Ashram56:

This comment is exactly a demonstration that JJP is absolutely right to continue down this path: whatever they do, they will always find people ready to buy, whatever the quality level. So they improve their margin, customer get lower quality products but are still fine with it.
Until JJP is hurt where it matters, ie their wallet, they have absolutely no incentive to change their behaviour. And unfortunately, I believe that while the majority of those reading this thread (with a few notable exceptions) will avoid JJP in the future, many others either don't read this thread or simply don't care, and will not really worry about it.

You're right. The many others that don't read the thread or don't care or don't worry about it should be emphasized as many, many more others.
Otherwise known as the majority.

Coming up on a year later since release JJP still working on getting through producing and shipping October orders with current LE. Amazing.

Numbers on license plates just now breaking into the 2000s on the line which is approaching half of their planned 5,000 production In a little less than a year.

It just indicates the staggering amount of orders they have received in October alone. It looks to be that with some fuzzy math they will have enough orders to reach 5,000 on this pin since JJP announced playfields will be available for purchase at the end of the run they estimated to be summer of 2022 which is about a year from now.

If they do reach 5,000, Is this a record? Has any other pin been set at a 5,000 unit run and completed it? Maybe a newb question, dunno.

#217 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The only record they are breaking is the number of defective machines in one run.

Lol. Might be something all can agree on!

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Most machines made before 2000 have their production run listed on their game page. Eg. Tz is 20k.

20k! Wow.
Thanks for the info.

#227 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Please tell all of us all how you bulletproof Pooling, Chipping, soft clearcoat, digital art adhesion ect ect.

The answer of how to bulletproof is in a key post documented by fooflighter who implemented those measures and now at 1700 plays. zaphX is at more plays than that with similar measures. There are others.
JJP themselves are obviously reading pinside and took to implementing some (not all) of these petg washers as safety measures on production line around June or July and PanzerFreak who has been tracking, had stated we have very low concentration of issues in latest July/August builds.

Quoted from fosaisu:

If you're correct that the problem is 100% fixable with appropriate bullet-proofing, that'll be a huge relief for people buying in (and presumably for JJP, who could just implement those same cheap fixes at the factory and shut down all the complaining). I hope you're right!

Fixable, that depends on what you're talking about but I like words like pooling and playfield issues around the posts are preventable and mitigated and avoidable with the proper steps mentioned above

#239 2 years ago

Firefly is one of my all time favorite shows. Fckers had the nerve to cancel it. &$@$!

#250 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I mean, you cant be THAT concerned if you bought it knowing it will most likely fail on you.

Fail? These issues are purely cosmetic, and the game play itself does not fail. Semantics, yes, but I think proper perspective is important too.

Plan A
proper steps and care IN THE BEGINNING, they are optimistically avoidable per testimonies.

Plan B
Inspect often, Caught early, usually fixable, or repairable.

plan C
you have a pinside user who has taken high resolution art scans of the playfield which you could print and overlay just the small area with damage that occurred. I couldn't begin to imagine how to properly accomplish this but that's the concept and I'd rely on others for implementing / process.

Plan D
buy a new $500 playfield next year and keep it as insurance for the time if you ever do want to sell . And meanwhile, it's cool wall art.

Enjoy your game.

#260 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

I was the one that uploaded a scan of the playfields

Right! Thanks very much! Great job and contribution to the community. Hope I never need it!

Quoted from Ashram56:

This is a 10k+ machine. Where I live, it's 20% more expensive than a Premium from Stern (which translates into 2k euros). So you're stating that when buying a 10k+ pinball, you're OK with performing all steps above ? And pay more for a replacement playfield ?

Yes.
The post after yours from PinFever sums it up, I think:

Quoted from PinFever:

Enjoyment overpowers my Aggravation with This title. I get goose bumps during modes still way after my Honeymoon phase .

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I love the justifications for poor quality.
It it floats your boat ... by all means

The poor quality is specific to the play field issue. The game is everything but poor quality. Every owner knows this. reference PinFever post for a shared sentiment.

Dare I mention the twippys? Jk. A little comic relief...

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:This machine does seem to have an appetite for destruction.

Ikr!
GnR integration both inside AND outside the game... indisputably epic on so many levels!

1 week later
#269 2 years ago

Personal preference but I like clear. And plan to swap the black ones out on my pin for clear.

2 months later
#292 2 years ago

GnR Awesome! Godzilla Awesome! Stranger Things Awesome! Rock and Morty Awesome! Alien Awesome! Willy Wonka Awesome! Cactus Canyon Awesome! Jurassic Park Awesome! Avengers Infinity Quest Awesome! Halloween Awesome! Elvira Awesome! Iron Maiden Awesome! Houdini Awesome! Deadpool Awesome!
What a time to be high!

Come on bogart, pass it on

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hardware
Pinball Haven

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Crestview, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,000.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vespula.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-needed-from-jjp-owners-with-playfield-damage?tu=Vespula and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.