IMG_0357.jpeg
65757 (resized).JPG
20210819_165540 (resized).jpg
20210819_171316 (resized).jpg
20210819_171321 (resized).jpg
20210819_171329 (resized).jpg
20210819_171411 (resized).jpg
20210819_172744 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ashram56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Thank you . As soon as a lawyer letter will hit my mailbox , I will seek legal advice. Until then I’m here

With all due respect, I would recommend that you take action before. As noted by this other Pinsider, seek legal advice to see exactly whether Mirco is entitled to anything, and if so what you can do to mitigate damages before action is taken by the other party.

Your house insurance might have a "legal advice" clause for example (mine does), which will allow you to get at a minimum some basic guidance on this without shelling money. Or maybe your bank has something equivalent as part of your contract.

To me (I'm not a lawyer, but my mother was, and so is my syster - although in a different field than what we're discussing here), finding evidence of the fact that PF used in JJP pinballs are faulty is not relevant to your case. Mirco attacked your statements, and that's what you need to focus on, ie can any of the statement you made be marked as libel. Proving that there are hundreds of faulty playfield out there will not change anything if indeed your statement is deemed as libel. In particular, the statement on the contract between Mirco and JJP, which when read it like this is not backed by any source, as opposed to your technical analysis where you provided ample pictures and data.

But as the other pinsider stated, none of us are lawyer in this field (which law would apply as a matter of fact, Netherlands or Germany ?), so best to take preventive measures and seek councel.

Regards

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

These guys seem to have the highest quality I have seen over the years, & very open about their process: https://www.buthamburg.de/en/playfields

Buthamburg also manufactures the playfield for Pinball Brothers Alien remake.

When you take a look at the various reviews of Alien, despite a SW maturity problem, it's clear it is possible to manufacture Premium level pinball with very high quality standard, numerous equipment, at a reasonable price.

In my opinion, the issue with JJP is simple: it's a margin discussion. Lower the component price as much as you can to increase your margin, at the expense of quality. Maybe they have a contract with Mirco, but I have no doubt that if they wanted they could break it given the numerous quality issues. They don't, because they can live with customer dissatisfaction. And the next pinball release will prove them right. The CE will be all sold out in less than 24h, the LE and Standard will be have a long queue of people waiting, who do not care about playfield quality, or so not read Pinside and other associated media's to be warned about it.

Vote with your wallets folks, as Kaneda has put it. For me, I canceled my GnR order precisely because of this playfield issue. And I don't intend to buy any new JJP until they resolve their quality, regardless of the theme.

#214 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Just put rubber washers under double star posts and even less worry. Doubt most purchasers in the future will even care or notice especially if under washers. Not saying it's not an issue they shouldn't fix but if you want the game then enjoy it.

This comment is exactly a demonstration that JJP is absolutely right to continue down this path: whatever they do, they will always find people ready to buy, whatever the quality level. So they improve their margin, customer get lower quality products but are still fine with it.

Until JJP is hurt where it matters, ie their wallet, they have absolutely no incentive to change their behaviour. And unfortunately, I believe that while the majority of those reading this thread (with a few notable exceptions) will avoid JJP in the future, many others either don't read this thread or simply don't care, and will not really worry about it.

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Fail? These issues are purely cosmetic, and the game play itself does not fail. Semantics, yes, but I think proper perspective is important too.
Plan A
proper steps and care IN THE BEGINNING, they are optimistically avoidable per testimonies.
Plan B
Inspect often, Caught early, usually fixable, or repairable.
plan C
you have a pinside user who has taken high resolution art scans of the playfield which you could print and overlay just the small area with damage that occurred. I couldn't begin to imagine how to properly accomplish this but that's the concept and I'd rely on others for implementing / process.
Plan D
buy a new $500 playfield next year and keep it as insurance for the time if you ever do want to sell . And meanwhile, it's cool wall art.
Enjoy your game.

This is a 10k+ machine. Where I live, it's 20% more expensive than a Premium from Stern (which translates into 2k euros). So you're stating that when buying a 10k+ pinball, you're OK with performing all steps above ? And pay more for a replacement playfield ?

I mean think of it, let's make a parrallel: if you were to buy a PS5, and you had to disassemble it to add cooling fans, pay for a replacement enclosure in case the main one is damaged by heat, you would be pissed, right ? Customers would scream all day long and yell at Sony. I suspect they would even start a class action. And a PS5 is a $500 consumer device, not a $10k consumer device.

For that matter, I'm also super surprised no one started a class action against JJP on it, especially in the US (far more difficult to do in EU).

I'm really baffled. No wonder JJP can get away with it if the majority of buyers have the same opinion...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ashram56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-needed-from-jjp-owners-with-playfield-damage?tu=Ashram56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.