IMG_0357.jpeg
65757 (resized).JPG
20210819_165540 (resized).jpg
20210819_171316 (resized).jpg
20210819_171321 (resized).jpg
20210819_171329 (resized).jpg
20210819_171411 (resized).jpg
20210819_172744 (resized).jpg
There are 303 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 2 years ago

Following.

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Mirco made the prototype RAZA playfields. Take a close look at this picture
[quoted image]

The issue there is really clear...there's no washers lol.

#103 2 years ago

I used a Temporary black plastic washer while waiting for a order for the PET washers from a part supplier. After 6 weeks and not very tight, the temp washer made a impression. It did iron out the bulge it had. This is a very soft clear

18E8F9A2-2B17-4279-9576-60AC35210A48 (resized).jpeg18E8F9A2-2B17-4279-9576-60AC35210A48 (resized).jpeg217604B0-D97F-401F-A52C-4AEF49528909 (resized).jpeg217604B0-D97F-401F-A52C-4AEF49528909 (resized).jpeg
#104 2 years ago

I like the rubber/silicone/neoprene washers. I've used them on all my JJP games and we've sold quite a lot of kits with those washers, double star posts and PETG washers for the top/sling protection and hadn't heard any issues.

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Mirco made the prototype RAZA playfields. Take a close look at this picture
[quoted image]

20210812_215936 (resized).jpg20210812_215936 (resized).jpg
#106 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

apparently Mirco does read pinside and does care because he is threatening to sue dude over a post.

I was talking about the complaint that people are giving advice and conjecture and don't know what they are talking about. Sure he cares if people are slandering his company, however since this is a written forum, it might be libel. We can theorize and postulate all we want, but to claim ALL negative info towards his company needs taken down is like trying to drive a tack with a shotgun. Truly libelous statements have a list of factors that have to be met to make them actionable by US law, but the principle parties are not in the US, so I'll let another armchair EU lawyer pick up that gauntlet.

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Jpop, watch me completely fuck up pinball.
Mirco, hold my beer.

I laughed a bit too hard at this … thank you!!

#108 2 years ago

I wonder at what point Mirco would be in breech of contract with JJP.

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I was talking about the complaint that people are giving advice and conjecture and don't know what they are talking about. Sure he cares if people are slandering his company, however since this is a written forum, it might be libel. We can theorize and postulate all we want, but to claim ALL negative info towards his company needs taken down is like trying to drive a tack with a shotgun. Truly libelous statements have a list of factors that have to be met to make them actionable by US law, but the principle parties are not in the US, so I'll let another armchair EU lawyer pick up that gauntlet.

If he have to sue me he has to sue 70% of pinside then

Anyway this is what the netherlands states about slander etc what he is telling I do

I’m with step 3

Step 1
Check if it is slander or defamation

In slander or slander, someone deliberately spreads negative news about you so that others start to think negatively about you. The difference is sometimes hard to see.

gossip

Slander is when someone with the negative message tries to harm your reputation by telling the truth about you. For example if you have been in jail and someone spreads this message. But it's also defamatory if he tries to damage your reputation by spreading a message he doesn't know is true. For example, when someone says that you are selling counterfeit goods when this has not been proven.

gossip

We call something slander when someone spreads a lie when that person knows it is a lie.
Was this information helpful to you?

step 2
Ask the person to stop

Let the person know to stop and ask them to delete the messages.

Is the news in the newspaper or online? Ask the administrator to delete the message.

Also let them know that you will take legal action if the person does not stop or delete the messages.
Was this information helpful to you?

step 3
Collect evidence

It is difficult to prove that someone is intentionally trying to damage your "good name". Someone may also talk negatively about you to warn others. He's doing this for a good cause, not to blackmail you. For example, a message that you are not a real doctor but pretend you are.

Both defamation and defamation are punishable and are punished as a "complaint offence". This means that the police can only intervene if you file a report yourself. Gather as much evidence for this as possible. For instance:

• Copies of messages, photos, letters or other documents
• WhatsApp messages, emails or other messages on the web
• Notifications from others who have seen or heard something

IM DOING THIS FOR A GOOD CAUSE!! NOT TO BLCKMAIL YOU

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

I think we all have the right to our opinions on the quality of both JJP and Mirco after seeing the posted photos of the damage that these playfields are experiencing. You cant sue me for saying their quality is not up to basic pinball standards. That standard being a playfield that doesn't start to chip, flake and fall off after only 200 games. Lets get real. If customers don't proactively work on their NIB machine, installing washers THEY had to buy, then there is a likelihood, if not a certainty that some portion of this customer base will experience what we have seen posted here. As a counterpoint, in the CGC owner threads, I have complained about dimpling. I don't expect CGC to do anything about it especially suing me for defamation. I own a CGC machine, it is dimpled, and I can tell anyone I want that I think that is not good. You can't silence people being vocal about bad quality by threatening a defamation lawsuit. There is ample evidence from what I have seen to support anybody who would claim there is a problem with quality.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Anyway this is what the netherlands states about slander etc what he is telling I do

Please obtain legal advice from your lawyer. Random people on the internet are not your lawyer. I wish you luck. Highclasspinball also threatened greatwichjohn with legal action and turned out to full of BS.

Don't take legal advice from random strangers on an internet forum because we all hope you're right and we bear none of the risk.

#112 2 years ago

Well there is always this.

ill-call-my-lawyer-i-call-my-lawyer-hes-the-best-lawyer-in-miami-hes-such-a-good-lawyer-that-by-tomo (resized).jpgill-call-my-lawyer-i-call-my-lawyer-hes-the-best-lawyer-in-miami-hes-such-a-good-lawyer-that-by-tomo (resized).jpg
#113 2 years ago

Highclasspinball needs to be banned from Pinside for bullying innocent pinsiders with aggressive PMs. He honestly deserved the negative press for building these PFs in the first place.
That said; I'm guessing there really isn't a violation against rules ... except "Be nice"... but probably not a ban-able offence.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Please obtain legal advice from your lawyer. Random people on the internet are not your lawyer. I wish you luck. Highclasspinball also threatened greatwichjohn with legal action and turned out to full of BS.
Don't take legal advice from random strangers on an internet forum because we all hope you're right and we bear none of the risk.

Thank you . As soon as a lawyer letter will hit my mailbox , I will seek legal advice. Until then I’m here

#115 2 years ago

Someone at JJP needs to
Come get their boy. Gary doesn’t let his kids play here.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/yip
[quoted image]
You haven't got much of a handle on your native tongue.

Struth mate, you spit the dummy, don’t like Pommies?. You had an argument with your Sheila?
Put a pair of sunnies on, go walkabout, relax with a few tinnies

#117 2 years ago

Not sure of the laws in Europe but Law 101 in the US for defense against libel/defamation is Truth

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substantial_truth

“Under the United States law, a statement cannot be held to be actionable as slanderous or libelous if the statement is true; the substantial truth doctrine extends this protection by holding that a statement with "slight inaccuracies of expression" do not make the alleged libel false”

Regardless, the real damages to Mirco is Steffan himself. He’s cause irreparable damage to his own brand with this DM. I think he should actually apologize if he wants to do business here. Is there anybody that is going to buy a Micro after reading that note? CPR are cracking champagne rn

#118 2 years ago

Oke so my original post was deleted /modded as I was violating the pinside rules to post screenshots of a PM , I have to follow the rules. So no blame here to pinside . The almost complete text is still in the first post.

#119 2 years ago

We all read it. Props to you for showcasing this asshat. We’ll all pretty much knew, but this was the nail in the coffin for Mirco. JJP is tied to this so not a good look for both

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Thank you . As soon as a lawyer letter will hit my mailbox , I will seek legal advice. Until then I’m here

With all due respect, I would recommend that you take action before. As noted by this other Pinsider, seek legal advice to see exactly whether Mirco is entitled to anything, and if so what you can do to mitigate damages before action is taken by the other party.

Your house insurance might have a "legal advice" clause for example (mine does), which will allow you to get at a minimum some basic guidance on this without shelling money. Or maybe your bank has something equivalent as part of your contract.

To me (I'm not a lawyer, but my mother was, and so is my syster - although in a different field than what we're discussing here), finding evidence of the fact that PF used in JJP pinballs are faulty is not relevant to your case. Mirco attacked your statements, and that's what you need to focus on, ie can any of the statement you made be marked as libel. Proving that there are hundreds of faulty playfield out there will not change anything if indeed your statement is deemed as libel. In particular, the statement on the contract between Mirco and JJP, which when read it like this is not backed by any source, as opposed to your technical analysis where you provided ample pictures and data.

But as the other pinsider stated, none of us are lawyer in this field (which law would apply as a matter of fact, Netherlands or Germany ?), so best to take preventive measures and seek councel.

Regards

#121 2 years ago

Oké thank you. I will call my lawyer and start looking in to this now .

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Oke so my original post was deleted /modded as I was violating the pinside rules to post screenshots of a PM , I have to follow the rules. So no blame here to pinside . The almost complete text is still in the first post.

No matter, it’s all over Kaneda’s FB.
You should message K-dog, he’s been threatened with all sorts of BS from these companies.
They don’t have a leg to stand on.

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Honestly the proving there are PF issues isn't likely to help this guy... the problem is not PFs, but his direct claims about business relationships, processes, and liabilities.
The law doesn't care you got a screwed playfield - that doesn't give you open season to do anything.

The person making claims is Dutch, Mirco is.. German? Pinside is run by a few Dutch guys? I doubt any Dutch or German judge is going to even bother about claims/assumptions made by an end user about possible contracts or possible manufacturing processes.

Also, you can form a reasonable idea about the amount of playfields are made in the market every year and therefore of a playfield company turnover which would be a few million EUR. I have yet to see a similar sized manufacturer who takes a customer to court because of claims made on a forum. It’s just not going to happen.

Pinside can delete his comments if they wish to do so, it’s a private website after all. I doubt this would be sensible, as there are dozens if not hundreds of examples/photos on Pinside showing the playfield issues. It must surely be possible to discuss those otherwise it would be pointless to have a forum.

If anything, it should be Mirco/JJP who should be worried about European consumer law.

#124 2 years ago

I just have to say this.

YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!

I really thank you all for the support in the last 12 hours! Keep this topic strong and this will be the better for all of us. Let US and our Community make this pinball love even more enjoyable with less problem topics in pinside with better QC and Service

#125 2 years ago

It's such a shame. I love my JJP POTC and have been comparatively lucky with the playfield, but seeing how JJP and now Mirco have handled the whole GnR issue has been incredibly off-putting. Toy Story is something of a dream theme for me, but even if the rumours are true I just don't know if I can roll the dice after seeing how poorly this situation has been handled.

Oh and the threats to sue are pretty funny. Looks like someone is throwing his toys out of the pram.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#126 2 years ago

all we want to do is shot the shots, get the multiball and put our initials on the high score table - but we have to put up with the sort of crap that JJP, Deeproot and Mirco hits us with. How did it get to this?

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Struth mate, you spit the dummy, don’t like Pommies?. You had an argument with your Sheila?
Put a pair of sunnies on, go walkabout, relax with a few tinnies

Ha Ha , you've got your Aussie downpat

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

And if I lose, I will get the Vaseline

Fucken hilarious , good luck with everything .

#129 2 years ago

Between Jack's and Mirco's comments, it makes me feel all warm and giddy about buying the next JJP pin
Was trying to buy a GNR CE as my first JJP pin, can't begin to tell you how happy I am that I could not get one!!!!!!!!!

#130 2 years ago

I have a GNRCE sitting in a box. No clue if I should open it or sell it. I have bought every single JJP game. I am so sick of the playfield BS. The worry isn’t worth the purchase at this point. I have never had an issue with AP or CGC. The whole I have to beg and send pictures and blah blah blah for a new playfield that should have been 100% good out of the box is getting old.

#131 2 years ago

AMSNL,

Despite what my previous posts may imply, I am totally with you on this one.

Kaneda had some choice words to say on this one.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0u2RdRc5DTLBVJtzfYNoQR?si=CUOi-Mr7RIy7_IKEuHgLZg&dl_branch=1

I agree with a few items Kaneda brought up. Why on earth is a supplier for JJP doing any communications with the end customer. Shouldn't have this been rectified through JJP?

Imagine you bought a new high end Dell computer that turned out to have a faulty NVIDIA card in it. Does the company that sold you the computer (Dell) reach out to NVIDIA to get things right for you or do they tell you to take it up with NVIDIA?

Good luck to you sir.

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Jpop, watch me completely fuck up pinball.
Mirco, hold my beer.

Deeproot taking notes.

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

AMSNL,
Despite what my previous posts may imply, I am totally with you on this one.
Kaneda had some choice words to say on this one.
https://open.spotify.com/episode/0u2RdRc5DTLBVJtzfYNoQR?si=CUOi-Mr7RIy7_IKEuHgLZg&dl_branch=1
I agree with a few items Kaneda brought up. Why on earth is a supplier for JJP doing any communications with the end customer. Shouldn't have this been rectified through JJP?
Imagine you bought a new high end Dell computer that turned out to have a faulty NVIDIA card in it. Does the company that sold you the computer (Dell) reach out to NVIDIA to get things right for you or do they tell you to take it up with NVIDIA?
Good luck to you sir.

Yes he got some strong points there. If I was lying about things I said .

wy would anybody be so angry?! Why should he respond now ?
Why not 2 years ago when then a 1000 other people also showed stuff or told things.. ahhh now I know because some of my stuff is based on my findings that I believe is the real issue and also based on truth and facts and yes the truth really hurts

Ad everything up like the podcast is saying and you have a book that’s tells the whole story.

Sorry if something’s are not spelled correct , I’m still a Dutch guy

#134 2 years ago

I personally would not seek legal advice, even if I had a lawyer on retainer already. This is an empty threat made by a desperate bully. I would not spend a single Dollar or Euro. You have done exactly what I would have done, posted it so other can share in the chuckle. I don't live in fear of dumbasses on the internet.

#135 2 years ago

If I got that PM I’d tell him to suck a phatty

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

I have a GNRCE sitting in a box. No clue if I should open it or sell it. I have bought every single JJP game. I am so sick of the playfield BS. The worry isn’t worth the purchase at this point. I have never had an issue with AP or CGC. The whole I have to beg and send pictures and blah blah blah for a new playfield that should have been 100% good out of the box is getting old.

With as much as CE's can go for I say list it at $23,000, "settle" if you have to for $20k and then buy a latest build LE for close to free. The latest build LE's don't appear to have any playfield issues and have all of the latest fixes. CE's on the other hand were built much earlier and while some are ok a portion seem to have playfield issues.

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

People are constantly complaining about stuff on the internet, especially when product quality doesn't meet expectations. I've never heard of another company threatening a cu

With much CE's can go for I say list it at $23,000, "settle" for $20k and the buy a latest build LE for close to free. The latest build LE's don't appear to have any playfield issues and have all of the latest fixes.

LOL - I don't know anyone who'd pay 23k for a GNR CE unless it was a "friend" of an absurdly rich person who doesn't care what it cost. Though rich people hate being taken advantage of by price jackers and retaliate they do.

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

LOL - I don't know anyone who'd pay 23k for a GNR CE unless it was a friend of a absurdly rich person who doesn't care what it cost.

You would be surprised, $20k NIB is very possible.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Deeproot taking notes.

Most of the "Playfield Issues" I've seen have been around poorly designed hardware and fasteners on the JJP side.
Not sure I'll ever buy a JJP again. Certainly not Toy Story.. Just not into it.

#140 2 years ago

Mirco quicksilver playfield, pic from a well respected restorer.

33850b326ab22a6a17ee13655ee91170793a0fee (resized).jpg33850b326ab22a6a17ee13655ee91170793a0fee (resized).jpg
#141 2 years ago

your Loss . aside from bad Customer service and JJP lying to people saying we did this to our games by just hitting play and putting under 100 games on it while rubbers fall off and Coils overheat and Servo Assemblies break apart and Posts are Pooling and chipping the GNR CE is the greatest game i ever bought / Micro and JJP can eat a D%$#

Quoted from adborto:

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

[quoted image]

ouch!

#143 2 years ago

Nobody:

Everybody looking at the playfield pictures on ANY GnR for sale ad:

squint (resized).jpgsquint (resized).jpg
#144 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Nobody:
Everybody looking at the playfield pictures on ANY GnR for sale ad:[quoted image]

lmfao

#145 2 years ago

I contacted Jersey Jack over five months ago over my Willy Wonka CE it has pooling and chipping everywhere I was asked to send pictures so I did not a single response back since then I was also looking forward to the toy story because my grandson is a big fan of the movies but after dealing with this I’ve decided I will never get another jersey Jack regardless of what the theme is so recently I put my money down on a Halloween CE spooky seems like they care more about customer service and Quality that to me is enough to take a chance with this company as it will be my first spooky I have also had issues with two of my Stearns with chipping they however sent me a replacement playfield for both of them did not hassle me only asked for pictures even though it did take a while to get them I still received them without cost after paying almost $13,000 for a game for them to ask you to pay for a new playfield is just ridiculous sorry if it cost them money but it should not be chipping out of the box my ww ce also did not come with a power cord nor coin box
slingshot plastics balls or anything else that was supposed to come with it also had chipping in the wood in the cabinet under the back glass along with messed up art blades
And a dent in the side rail Lock down bar and scratches in the back glass they were nice enough to send me out replacements on the back glass and lock down bar And art blades so I guess they figured that was good enough the rest is my problem

6547BF31-040F-4BB5-9430-6BD304F02289 (resized).jpeg6547BF31-040F-4BB5-9430-6BD304F02289 (resized).jpegC4488FE6-D2DA-4BC6-AC0D-A424E5E38F96 (resized).jpegC4488FE6-D2DA-4BC6-AC0D-A424E5E38F96 (resized).jpegCC7731CF-237F-4942-BD43-09A23ECEAE27 (resized).jpegCC7731CF-237F-4942-BD43-09A23ECEAE27 (resized).jpegF69263F2-ED26-4639-9CAD-75AAB581CBBA (resized).jpegF69263F2-ED26-4639-9CAD-75AAB581CBBA (resized).jpeg
#146 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I personally would not seek legal advice, even if I had a lawyer on retainer already. This is an empty threat made by a desperate bully. I would not spend a single Dollar or Euro. You have done exactly what I would have done, posted it so other can share in the chuckle. I don't live in fear of dumbasses on the internet.

That is a fine decision for you to make, knowing your risk tolerance.

Will you agree to pay all of AMSNL legal costs if they have to defend themselves or are ordered to pay damages for something we all think is stupid?
If so, put it in writing.
If not, that's why you don't take legal advice from random people on the internet.

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

That is a fine decision for you to make, knowing your risk tolerance.
Will you agree to pay all of AMSNL legal costs if they have to defend themselves or are ordered to pay damages for something we all think is stupid?
If so, put it in writing.
If not, that's why you don't take legal advice from random people on the internet.

I should hire a lawyer to draft an agreement that if he needs a lawyer in the event Mirco gets a lawyer to sue him I will pay for said lawyer and his lawyer, because an asshat sent a PM about a post on Pinside?! This is why I don't take advice legal or otherwise from the internet. I am not giving legal advice, I talking shit (my worthless opinion) on the internet. As I previously posted I would not spend a a single Dollar or Euro if this was in my own defense, why the hell would I pay for someone else? LOL

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

[quoted image]

Why did the restorer cause that damage? With a special device, called a washer, that would never have occurred. lol

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Nobody:
Everybody looking at the playfield pictures on ANY GnR for sale ad:[quoted image]

More like this, with their pinball buddies…

E4F4E823-0D8C-48AD-BC5D-5C3E3FF643B0.gifE4F4E823-0D8C-48AD-BC5D-5C3E3FF643B0.gif
#150 2 years ago

Mirco lost me as a potential customer back when he decided to deceptively put the Diamond Plate logo on his repro FunHouse playfields, despite being advised against it on RGP at the time.

Only a couple hundred early FHs had it, if that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

There are 303 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-needed-from-jjp-owners-with-playfield-damage/page/3?hl=amsnl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.