IMG_0357.jpeg
65757 (resized).JPG
20210819_165540 (resized).jpg
20210819_171316 (resized).jpg
20210819_171321 (resized).jpg
20210819_171329 (resized).jpg
20210819_171411 (resized).jpg
20210819_172744 (resized).jpg

There are 303 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 2 years ago

Well, I may have to bail on Toy Story unless this is corrected. Mirco should be explaining what he is doing to fix the problem rather than threatening JJP customers. Already canceled GnR in part because of this issue.

#52 2 years ago

honestly. if you look up customer service cocks its a dual entry with JJP and Mirco. Both of these companies are total shitshows, up voted with pleasure.

#53 2 years ago

I think the big secret you let out was he prints first, then machines, drills, and routes the printed playfields, with a two step CC application... his problem more than likely is the fact the ink on the printed wood, without that initial CC is so delicate and easy to damage in the handling process, the intermediate CC is there to protect the artwork during the machining phase. That a second CC is then added on top of this only adds to the problems. I suspect that speed of production and cure times are involved in some way, and that the vibration due to machining is possibly stressing the ink bond at machined edges due to cutting the harder CC... but this is all just conjecture. I can think of a simple battery of tests that would determine what is causing the issue, but they may already know what is causing it, and production schedules will just not allow them to change the process.

#54 2 years ago

If mirco playfield just send t me a pm saying, look you say this and this that’s not correct please can you take it down etc etc maybe I would have been nicer, but he really went full in. And the only way to defend myself is to hope that other people will feel the same way about the mirco playfield issues so I have things to show in court that I’m not pulling pooled/chipt playfields out of my ass or his whole attitude that it’s always your problem and never his.

I’m not here to dig myself a hole but if will I hope it was for a good cause that all the pinball players will have JJP no7 with good rock solid playfields !

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think the big secret you let out was he prints first, then machines, drills, and routes the printed playfields, with a two step CC application... his problem more than likely is the fact the ink on the printed wood, without that initial CC is so delicate and easy to damage in the handling process, the intermediate CC is there to protect the artwork during the machining phase. That a second CC is then added on top of this only adds to the problems. I suspect that speed of production and cure times are involved in some way, and that the vibration due to machining is possibly stressing the ink bond at machined edges due to cutting the harder CC... but this is all just conjecture. I can think of a simple battery of tests that would determine what is causing the issue, but they may already know what is causing it, and production schedules will just not allow them to change the process.

I think you hit it just right

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Sounds plausible. Do other suppliers cut after the art? I always thought the art was after the cuts, then the whole thing is cleared.

#57 2 years ago

This behavior is nothing new from Mirco. Check out this thread for a lot more evidence
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Sounds plausible. Do other suppliers cut after the art? I always thought the art was after the cuts, then the whole thing is cleared.

speculating... but I bet it has alot to do with the same concept of borderless printing. Having a continuous surface would be better for the printer vs worrying about edges, transitions, etc.

With screen printing you wouldn't have this same concern as the screen is continuous.

#59 2 years ago

LOL, he can't sue you and Pinside should not ban you for simply stating a known issue with JJP/Mirco playfields on a public forum. This guy is a tool.

#60 2 years ago

Taking my GnR to the biggest pinball show in Australia where i will tell anyone who will listen about Jersey Jack and Mirco's attitude, shit products and disgusting customer service. And the near criminal act of trying to change their warranty terms mid production.
We have 12 months statutory warranty here anyway JJP so you'll have to pay up or fuck your distributor over. Bet i know which they'll choose.

#61 2 years ago

Just for clarification is Mirco the guy that made shit playfields, then made a video saying he'd sorted out his shit playfield problem, then made shit playfields?

Show judge video, show judge post video shit playfields. Show judge other pinsiders lining up class action lawsuit as a result of shit playfields.

Sorry, did I mention the shit playfields?

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Or backing up this post where you insinuate that your NIB POTC CE was a used one put in a new box and sold to you as new, and then you allude to other pinsiders joining with you to sue "these .....s"?
For the record, I don't like what Mirco is doing here.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avoid-jjp-they-do-not-stand-behind-their-products?tq=&tu=AMSNL
[quoted image]

This one has nothing to do with Mirco so it's not really applicable to this discussion.

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This just seems to fit the situation, LOL

Hahah Hotdog!

#64 2 years ago

You guys should flood this post with photos of playfield issues.

#65 2 years ago

Mirco, if only your playfields weren't complete shit, this wouldn't be happening.

#66 2 years ago

Management 101:

Handling customer complaints: never use even a single word that can be interpreted as negative and/or aggressive.

Mirco:

"I have sued someone else and it cost them a fortune. I'll sue you too!"

Perfect threat to make EVERYONE detest you.

#67 2 years ago

Not too many experts here, regarding automotive type 2 part clears. You dont need the first coats to cure. Dry to the touch (15 min, depending on temp, humdity), spray another, and repeat. You actually dont want initial layers to fully cure before adding additional.
Do you think auto makers have all these vehicles sitting around curing for days waiting for next coats?
That's not the issue.

#68 2 years ago

We don't have to be experts on clear coat because we are not selling products with clear coat. The manufacturers are supposed to be experts, that's the whole point.

No-one here is offering solutions, the manufacturer should stop production until such time as the fault is identified and corrected, including correcting it for the faulty products already sold.

#69 2 years ago

People giving advice, solutions who dont know what they talking about was my reason for stating that.

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

JJP is probably bound by contract to Mirco for several years or they just have no alternative at the moment that can produce their quantities.

Bound by contract or not I am sure there is an expectation of quality clause in there that can unbound them.

But yah I would think issue would be then what?

Probably no one else to make better playfields at a price point that will work for their needs.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

People giving advice, solutions who dont know what they talking about was my reason for stating that.

Like Mirco is reading this and taking notes? Get real. Nobody who could help this situation gives two shits about what is posted on Pinside, and ALL of this is merely entertaining conjecture... no need to be the reality police.

#72 2 years ago

#73 2 years ago

Mirco certainly seems to give a shit about some of it, whole point of the thread is that he made a complaint to Robin.

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Like Mirco is reading this and taking notes? Get real. Nobody who could help this situation gives two shits about what is posted on Pinside, and ALL of this is merely entertaining conjecture... no need to be the reality police.

apparently Mirco does read pinside and does care because he is threatening to sue dude over a post.

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

No worries, must have missed that bit.

#76 2 years ago

Funhouse, Whirlwind and Fish tales all new from Mirco. All three have/had pooling or chipping issues.

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:Funhouse, Whirlwind and Fish tales all new from Mirco. All three have/had pooling or chipping issues.

Mirco sure does blow.

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Mirco certainly seems to give a shit about some of it, whole point of the thread is that he made a complaint to Robin.

Normally when customers want their issues resolved, they go to the manufacturer (Distro) for some help. A decent manufacturer or Distro will do what ever they can to resolve the issue and keep the customer happy. That is how it normally works for most people.

Threatening legal action to a customer is like waving a red flag at a bull and as there are a stadium full of unhappy owners I cannot see this ending well for anyone unless the issues are resolved.

Well played AMSNL you must have hit a very raw nerve. I do not believe you can take a person to court for their opinion. I am looking forward to seeing this thread progress.

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

You guys should flood this post with photos of playfield issues.

Hopefully the pics of the JJPPOTCSE I sold here is in the archives. It had heavy pooling.

#80 2 years ago

A little less conversation and a little more action please!

Come on peeeps!!!

Pictures!! Send pictures of the issues!!!

#81 2 years ago

Honestly the proving there are PF issues isn't likely to help this guy... the problem is not PFs, but his direct claims about business relationships, processes, and liabilities.

The law doesn't care you got a screwed playfield - that doesn't give you open season to do anything.

#82 2 years ago

F JJP and F Mirco

That is all

#83 2 years ago

Has this Steffen character been living on Pluto?
This is new news to him?
I thought he would have been hiding away in some bunker.
I guess the truth hurts...... lol.

Oh, his written English sucks!

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Has this Steffen character been living on Pluto?
This is new news to him?
I thought he would have been hiding away in some bunker.
I guess the truth hurts...... lol.
Oh, his written English sucks!

Are you really picking on someone because their second language isn't strong?

#85 2 years ago

I have been off pinside for a while, but when a company can't and won't communicate with the buyers of the product, they deserve to be abandoned by their buyers. Threatening legal action to me is the most clear sign that they want to deflect and hide eyes from the truth.

#86 2 years ago

Mirco may be off the hook; according to Jack’s interview, I am to blame for the damage done to my game. Which means I must have caused all the other GNR owners’ playfields to chip. I am Sorry guys, it was my fault everyone’s playfields are damaged, nothing more to see here.

7E1D369B-EDAF-4CF0-BF9E-7D4F12823152 (resized).jpeg7E1D369B-EDAF-4CF0-BF9E-7D4F12823152 (resized).jpeg

P.S - The team behind JJP is awesome! Truly amazing. Mirco and Jack are the assholes here, to turn a blinds eye to these issues is real concerning.

#87 2 years ago

I quit buying from jjp a long time ago, that's the only way to hurt them is in there pocket. Buying there product and keep buying there product knowing that there playfields and customer service and I don't care about you once I have your money does not make sense. I hope everything works out with everyone's situation with bad playfields, but until they fix there issues stay away from them.

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Are you really picking on someone because their second language isn't strong?

Yip.

#89 2 years ago

Good luck trying to sue someone if you don’t know their identity lol

What a turd mirco is (playfield and human being)

#90 2 years ago

Dang... he's really reaching now. Thanks to Mirco I have playfields ($$) sitting under my bed just waiting until POTC or Wonka needs it.

#91 2 years ago

#92 2 years ago

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/yip

Screenshot 2021-08-13 102143 (resized).pngScreenshot 2021-08-13 102143 (resized).png

You haven't got much of a handle on your native tongue.

#93 2 years ago

Jpop, watch me completely fuck up pinball.
Mirco, hold my beer.

#94 2 years ago

When will JJP finally realize that they are losing more in sales then whatever "savings" are coming from sending customers washer kits, offering $500+ replacement playfields, and shortening their warranty? Many of these affected customers will never come back and some of their experiences have resulted in potential buyers cancelling orders. What a bizarre business approach instead of actually addressing the problem head on and properly taking care of customers.

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Jpop, watch me completely fuck up pinball.
Mirco, hold my beer.

Deeproot, I got this guys.

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

I think you hit it just right

I posted some time ago that when I was looking up UV printing, I stumbled upon web pages discussing UV printing on wood, and all the stumbling blocks encountered. Along w/the proper UV curing, wood prep, probably ambient conditions, printing on a clearcoat was one option to help to improve the results. Probably varies w/the proprietary inks the printer manufacture sells too (it's not like you can switch inks).

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Mirco may be off the hook; according to Jack’s interview, I am to blame for the damage done to my game.

Have to be honest. My jaw dropped when I heard him say that.

Not since Steve Ritchie donned his sunglasses to ridicule us BM66 owners for complaining about the dimple issue was I that stunned at a response.

#98 2 years ago

Mirco made the prototype RAZA playfields. Take a close look at this picture

de4a02d4e674e73cf858bf3f678ca741189c53b6 (resized).jpgde4a02d4e674e73cf858bf3f678ca741189c53b6 (resized).jpg
#99 2 years ago

I wish we could get a countdown clock on this thread. Do lawyers work on Fridays?

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I wish we could get a countdown clock on this thread. Do lawyers work on Fridays?

Not typically. Unless it’s a holiday, then they’re off

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk
Plastics
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 303 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-needed-from-jjp-owners-with-playfield-damage/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.