10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyboy6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I bought a beat to hell MM a week ago. I've been slowly going through it to figure out what needs to be fixed or repaired. I've cycled throught the test menu and thankfully most of the electronics are functional except for the flashers. None of them work at all. First thing I checked was the F107 fuse - sure enough it was blown. Bought a replacement, put it in and powered up. Unfortunately it blew again right away and LED4 was out, so I obviously have another issue. Did a bit of investigative work in the old repair guides and found that a blown F107 is often caused by a bad diode at D15 thru D18 or a short in the playfield. So I replaced the fuse again and disconnected all of the connectors leading to the playfield J109, J111, J112, J133, J134. Powered up and this time the fuse was ok and LED4 stayed lit so I figured it was a short. Looked at the flashers and found one that had a broken wire. Taped it up to prevent another short and then put all connectors back. Powered back on and now the fuse was fine and LED4 continued to stay lit. Thought I solved the issue, but when I went back into test mode, the flashers still don't work.

What do I test now? I'm not too good with the electrical stuff so please try to keep it basic so a novice can try it . And I forgot to mention that yes I tested the flashers in test mode with the coin door high voltage switches pushed in.

Scott

#3 10 years ago

Nope, that's why I'm confused. Fuse seems to be holding fine now after finding the short and LED4 is lit.

Scott

#6 10 years ago

Hibler gets the gold star. Proved out that I had 20V at the bulb sockets (actually around 27 - is this too high?) but still no light. Replaced the bulb and BAM, there is light again. Replaced another one and BAM there was light. It never occured to me that absolutely every 89 and 906 bulb was burnt out, just assumed it was an electrical problem. So after fixing the short issue, all I needed to do was replace every single flasher in the game. Thanks to Lloyd and Chris for the help.

Scott

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyboy6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-needed-dead-flashers?tu=toyboy6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.