By sulli10

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by sulli10
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sulli10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Need some Arcade Legends help.
I have an Arcade Legends 1. It had been non working for several years and today, I took the time to repair. Ended up replacing the 3V battery and the game boots and plays intermittently. When the game does not boot, I get a CPU fan error on the VGS screen. I can power cycle the game and the next time ,no cpu fan problem error message and the game boots/plays fine. The Computer fan is always running in all cases , so I am believing the mother board is not detecting flow on an intermittent basis. Thoughts?

Also where can I look for the newer hard drives? I will want to replace the hard drive once I go back into the game I believe.

Thanks

#2 1 year ago

Saturday bump

#6 1 year ago

Thanks. Took the computer apart again. Since it was an intermittent problem, I removed the fin fan. Cleaned the fan, cleaned the fins and what I thought might be the fan flow detector. Reassembled and the game has booted up 5 times straight.

I will look for the hard drive. Eventually will need to gut the game but for a 12 year old system seems to be working fine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sulli10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-needed-arcade-legends?tu=sulli10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.