Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2015Dec27_026_(resized).JPG
2015Dec27_032_(resized).JPG
2015Dec27_030_(resized).JPG
2015Dec27_029_(resized).JPG
2012June09_009.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Have a 1960 Gotlieb Wagon Train pin. Very nice playfield and original backglass. Recently the backglass was sealed, new playfield glass installed. Needs to be gone through, needs new rubber, minor work to play properly. All there unmolested, includes original diagrams and paperwork. Complete, has two coin mechs. Cabinet in good condition, minor rust to the metal in spots. Counter says 4100 plays. Does anyone have any good info on this pin? I'm new here and sort of inherited this machine. Worth restoring? What's the approx value as described? Is it a sought after machine? Rare? Nothing special? Any info would be great!!!

#2 8 years ago

Here's the IPDB entry:
http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2746

Definitely a worthwhile game to bring back to life. If it's a nice original, also worth keeping it original.

Hard to assess value without pictures though.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks. I will try to put some pics up soon also as I'm probably more interested in selling it than restoring it. I'll leave the professional restoration to a professional...

#4 8 years ago

Ps, if I decide to pay to have it restored do you have any experience with pinball plus or pinball warehouse in MN?

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from gcesafsky:

pinball plus or pinball warehouse in MN

Both are great at service. I don't know if either one restores games.

LTG : )™

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from gcesafsky:

Ps, if I decide to pay to have it restored do you have any experience with pinball plus or pinball warehouse in MN?

I'm familiar with them, but they generally do solid states instead of EMs (Pinball Warehouse is more retail than repair though). Paying to have it restored could approach costing the value of the game.

It's fairly easy to get it running though, if generally complete. The rest is just cleaning.

#7 8 years ago

I even had one before.

2012June09_009.jpg2012June09_009.jpg

#8 8 years ago

Nice!! Good info, thank you.

Anyone interested in the machine let me know and I'll send some pics. If nothing else I'll clean it all up, install new rubber and see what happens. Previous owner told me they stopped using it because it would intermittently shock a player. Sounds beyond my little to no knowledge of repair, but you never know I guess. As George McFly said, if you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!!

#9 8 years ago

Where are you located?

#10 8 years ago

North Metro MN

#11 8 years ago

Ah, that's local to me then. I'd have some interest - you can reach me at [email protected]

1 month later
#12 8 years ago

Just to bring this full circle...

Still waiting on an apron decal from down under (and then I'll put the good score card in), and need to bead blast and repaint the original legs. But came up OK after the full rebuild otherwise.

2015Dec27_029_(resized).JPG2015Dec27_029_(resized).JPG

2015Dec27_030_(resized).JPG2015Dec27_030_(resized).JPG

2015Dec27_032_(resized).JPG2015Dec27_032_(resized).JPG

2015Dec27_026_(resized).JPG2015Dec27_026_(resized).JPG

#13 8 years ago

Looks like a cool pin. Love the apron artwork on that one!
I gotta find a woodrail.

#14 8 years ago

Wow, the Pinside resizing really makes the pictures grainy in preview mode. Clicking on them restores some of the resolution though.

#15 8 years ago

Looks great Dirt as always.

The images look alright to me but I did see this post. Probably related.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-with-the-washed-out-pictures

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-need-some-info-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.