2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by xTheBlackKnightx
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I have a chance to buy several 1930s bally table top pinball games. most are in fair to good condition.

Is there a resource I can go to to get the price info ?

Here is a list of the games, any help would be awesome

Thank you.

Screwy
    Goofy
    Bally Round
    Rambler
    Mike and Ike
    3 ring circus
    Bally Hoo
    Silver streak

Thank you
    Brian

#2 2 years ago

This should be interesting..... Where are all the price police now??

John

#3 2 years ago

There is a YouTube user, animecrash2, who seems to restore these types of games. He's got videos of a Bally Round and Bally Hoo, as well as others from this era.

Perhaps you might be able to contact him through YouTube to get some info.

Unless, of course, that happens to be who you're buying these from!

#4 2 years ago

Thanks Chippe ,
    I will give it a look. And no he is not the seller , I have a rough idea of their value but I would like to get an informed opinion from someone who is into these old beauties .

I just want to be sure to pay the seller a fair price and obviously not over pay either. and I want them all so I needto come up with a Bundle price.
    I will check out the You tube lead .

Thank you.

#5 2 years ago

Its a very wide price range.

Most games, whether its sold to an antique shop, non pinhead, etc, fly all day long between $200-$400, depending on
    title/condition.
    So pinheads, are happy to do the same.

When one WANTS one, they are $400-$600.

When one sees them on Ebay, they can be advertised up to 2K.

On occasion, I have seen some common ones sold for $800-$1200, which I believe is a collector with the game specific want....they come up so rarely, they arent going to pass for $200...
    Or higher numbers for games like Fleet, Jigsaw, Army Navy, Toilet Ball Games, artwork or theme.

So whats the average game?

American Pickers, Collectors, Dealers....$200-$400
    Really want it something kinda neat or rare $400-$600
    Known Rare/desired, $600-$1200....

Fishing for any of the higher numbers, if you are selling is the wide range....

#6 2 years ago

Thanks for the help.

Just incase any one cares.
    Today I went to the persons home who had the table top games that I was interested in .
    Most of the games had missing pieces ( coin doors , coin mechs. bottoms , balls ) a few had water damage and all were in questionable condition . that's fine I was not expecting anything more as I had bought games ( full size ) from this person before and most of those had many issues too.

I was not able to come away with any, not one . the seller thought that these games witch had been poorly stored were some kind of museum finds .

He priced many of them at $500.00 and was not interested in what others said were most fair offers for the games.

So I learned today that prices for 1930's table top games were $ 500 and up.
    A learning experience was had.

In a couple years after the games have deteriorated even worse maybe the seller will be motivated to sell what's left of them.

Again
    Thanks for all of your help. It gave me a good starting point.

Brian

#7 2 years ago

Sorry to hear.

Ive found unless there is unique game play or Art, there are so many games
    Ive come across in poor condition, for $50-$200, they really are only parts machines.
    Some parts can be impossible.

Dick Beuschels Pinball Encyclopedia shares many pics and info.

Ebay has 10-20 a week, for some reference in the future.

If you are looking for some, plenty with Pinsiders to be shared, in good working condition!

#8 2 years ago

BLUF: $250 in "above average" condition, 100% complete, fully working. Read explanation below for caveats and further understanding.

Regarding pricing support of these types of woodrail games for future reference as they are unique due to lack of history of titles and paperwork due to pre-WWII status. Ebay is about the worst pricing source imaginable, especially in this case. The owners nearly never know anything about the titles.

Any 1930s title (legged or tabletop) where any owner is asking $500 or more in price should be a properly restored game, not a project, missing parts, or cosmetically poor. Notice, I did not say "fully restored" or "high end restored", as these are a different category of games altogether. This is rarely the case when these titles go up for sale, and the owner clearly knows it, but still tries to make a pitch.

Games of this nature are more apt to end up donated free to an antique shop or in a garage sale when the owner keels over clutching the plunger. If the game is really lucky perhaps a museum.

There are only a few titles even fully restored that closely reach values exceeding $1000. These titled can be inquired about, if interested. The are only due to historical significance, not necessarily rarity as at this point all these types of games are all "rare" anyway.

Considerations for condition of machine should be tempered based on age. An "excellent" machine from the 1950s is not the same as the 1930s, as the wood will be more dry and brittle, paint more cracked and flaking. Many times the lacquer is extremely yellowed with age. Sunlight and moisture are the common enemies along with time.

Average value of the games listed above in "above average" condition comparative to the same standards of most electromechanical games of later periods meaning 100% complete, and fully working is very close to $250. Poor cosmetics can drop the game value to nearly $0.

Anything more than what has been provided ($250) as a benchmark is overreaching expectations based on owner nostalgia or extreme wishful thinking.

"Don't bite on owner hype."
    Keep flipping.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 329.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 17.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 100.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.00
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 319.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 199.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside