Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-08-03_at_10.01.34_PM.png
floppy.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ed_in_Texas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I set up my KISS LE today and had some friends over for my own little launch party. About 8 games in, the game went dark mid game with only the DMD on and locked on whatever screen it was on. Turn the game off and back on, and nothing. The game won't boot. Only the DMD comes on with the Stern logo. Reset the SD card with no luck. Made a flash image of SD card on a different SD, and nothing. At one point after the game had been powered down awhile, the game booted, but immediately locked up and went dark. I've seen a couple threads talking about being able to update code directly onto the SD card, but cannot find any instructions on how to do the. Game came with code 1.03 from factory (built date 7/25). I'll try calling tech support tomorrow, but thought I'd check here and see if anyone had a magic answer. See video below.
Thanks,
Ed

#2 8 years ago

I refer to the SD card as a flash drive a couple times in the video, but I mean the SD card. I tried reinstalling the 1.03 code with a USB, but it's doesn't do anything.

#10 8 years ago

Well... I got up this morning after the game was powered down all night and I'll be damn if it boots and plays like nothing ever happened. Last night I did check the coin door switch, but the game was still dead. In my 1st video, under the SD card, you can see one quick flash from an LED and that's it. This morning, that LED has several flashes and boots. I tried booting the game with the coin door open and it boots just fine. So... right now I have no idea what happened yesterday (other than my game stopped working with a house full of people and none of us could figure it out). Anyway, I'll let the game run and play all day and keep you posted.
-Ed

#12 8 years ago

It's a Kingston card. KISS locked up again after about 90 minutes. Played a couple games, walked away leaving game on for about an hour, walked up to play a game. Started game, launched ball and it locked up when it hit the pops.

Patrick at Stren has contacted me. We're working on it.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

DuckBrian may have a valid point. I remember reading that one of the 3 guys in minnisota was having the exact same issues and it turned out to be a bad transcend sd card.

My card is a Kingston.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I love how non-local people downvoted this without knowing a damn thing about who posted it...lol..

I'm local and I don't know who punkshere2stay is. I would imagine I do, but I don't know everyone's pinside name.

#30 8 years ago

Stern is sending a new replacement MPU and SD card. Pat was super fast to look at my problem. After a few email exchanges and tests, best guess is a bad MPU (it happens). We'll see if that does the trick. Thank you Stern for addressing the problem so quickly and to my distributor FUN! for the assist.
I'll post a follow up when new board arrives.
-Ed

#71 8 years ago

New MPU and SD card arrived from Stern today and we are back in business. Of course the UPS man showed up about 15 minutes before I had to leave for work. I had enough time to install the new MPU and SD card and it booted right up. Played a couple games and had to leave More thorough testing planned for tomorrow
Props again to Stern for resolving the problem so quickly.
Ed

image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ed_in_Texas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-my-kiss-le-wont-boot?tu=Ed_in_Texas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.