Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-08-03_at_10.01.34_PM.png
floppy.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

We keep saying this. Pays to wait until all the kinks are worked out. Buying a year one stern seems pointless.

Good luck getting a NIB LE in a year

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Yeah in a year I'll be able to get a low play HUO LE with better code for around $7,000. With so many hot pins on the horizon we are not gonna see another spike in old pin prices like Tron LE.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Yeah in a year I'll be able to get a low play HUO LE with better code for around $7,000. With so many hot pins on the horizon we are not gonna see another spike in old pin prices like TRON LE.

Let's not forget that TRON LE prices were largely the result of not having a Premium.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Let's not forget that TRON LE prices were largely the result of not having a Premium.

Exactly. Stern has learned a lesson. LE's now just fleece the die hard fan of the theme. Game is exact same as premium. Tron was an exception.

#55 8 years ago

You guys are forgetting that you used to have to order new proms... Or if you could get the files you could burn your own EPROMs and change jumpers around...

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Yeah in a year I'll be able to get a low play HUO LE with better code for around $7,000. With so many hot pins on the horizon we are not gonna see another spike in old pin prices like TRON LE.

I am sure there will be some one who needs cash in a hurry and will put their pin up for a thousand less than the asking price which will most likely be 9-10K in a year. Sooooooo, sure, you might get a HUO for 8-9k, then again Gene could drop like a fly.....(GOD FORBID) then you won't be able to touch one for less than 10K

#57 8 years ago

I am sure there will be some one who needs cash in a hurry and will put their pin up for a thousand less than the asking price which will most likely be 9-10K in a year. Sooooooo, sure, you might get a HUO for 8-9k, then again Gene could drop like a fly.....(GOD FORBID) then you won't be able to touch one for less than 10K

Lol saving this one to show you down the road. Les will be a thousand less in 6 months.

#58 8 years ago

I enjoy good conversation as much as anyone but let's keep this on topic.......if you want to bash LE's or Kiss go do it elsewhere. Someone simply reached out for help so help if you can.

Wish I could be of more help Ed but in the mean time I am going to enjoy a couple games on my Kiss LE. Yours will be running soon I have no doubt!!!

#59 8 years ago

Just my experience, but I had no trouble at all getting a METLE over a year after the release date. Waited out the code delays and bought after the "big update". I would have been happy with a HUO LE and thats what I was looking for... but a couple of NIBs were available locally for about the same price. Patience is the key with Stern pins.

#60 8 years ago

You will get it up Ed, in the mean time just ignore the haters.

Screen_Shot_2015-08-03_at_10.01.34_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2015-08-03_at_10.01.34_PM.png

#62 8 years ago

PinCrush...Did you buy #369 from the guy in Pilot Point?

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Did you buy #369 from the guy in Pilot Point?

I did! There was also one available down South... maybe around Austin. I don't recall exactly.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I did! There was also one available down South... maybe around Austin. I don't recall exactly.

Unless you talked him down on his price, you paid more than what everyone else did a year earlier. I get the waiting a year part to wait for code, bugs, etc. to get worked out, but it usually does come at a cost...

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Unless you talked him down on his price, you paid more than what everyone else did a year earlier. I get the waiting a year part to wait for code, bugs, etc. to get worked out, but it usually does come at a cost...

Nowhere near what he was asking, but price wasn't really the point. The point was with stern it makes sense to wait until the game is done so you know exactly what you are paying for. Instead of paying up front for what you hope it will become.

#66 8 years ago

Why so many problems with the new spike system in this game. WWF seemed do work correctly

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Why so many problems with the new spike system in this game. WWF seemed do work correctly

It seems some are having problems, and that sucks. Hopefully its all just software issues with the SD cards and will be sorted out soon.
Mine was unboxed yesterday and is playing like a champ. Hopefully nothing crops up in the coming days with lockups and such. The game shoots very nicely and has tons of potential with future code updates. I'm loving it so far. Getting close to achieving the Starchild multiball, which is super challenging to get going, but I'm getting the hang of the shot required to get up there. I'll also chime in with the beauty of the playfield art. The hand drawn art is top notch and very nice to finally see from Stern

#68 8 years ago

Bummer about the new game. It's great to see that Stern is on it with your support. Please post a follow up report.

#69 8 years ago

Stern has never let me down. They will take car of you!

#70 8 years ago

Man, that really sucks. Really makes you start to rethink doing launch parties and considering new pins in tournaments with the current issues. Hopefully things get worked out quickly and NIB machines will start shipping in a better state. I'm sure you will be up and running soon.

#71 8 years ago

New MPU and SD card arrived from Stern today and we are back in business. Of course the UPS man showed up about 15 minutes before I had to leave for work. I had enough time to install the new MPU and SD card and it booted right up. Played a couple games and had to leave More thorough testing planned for tomorrow
Props again to Stern for resolving the problem so quickly.
Ed

image.jpgimage.jpg

#72 8 years ago

job well done!

#73 8 years ago

Congrats on a beautiful machine ED. FYI, make sure you remount wiring behind play field back panel so it does not go through your magnet motor belt. This will save you major issues in future.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-my-kiss-le-wont-boot/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.