• 58 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ScreenHunter_063.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hailrazer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hey guys. I'm trying to help a friend. He needs some donations to be able to afford medication for a replacement kidney. Please consider helping , a few dollars goes a long way. And please share with your friends. Help a good guy out

https://www.gofundme.com/fundraiser-for-stanley-weaver039s-kidney-medication

If you want to donate via PayPal Friends and Family you can. The PayPal us [email protected]

Please put in the note that it is for Stanley Weavers Kidney Medication.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from neemypeemy:

Done. I only recently learned of the fact that before people can get an organ transplant, they have to go through a credit check. If they don't have the funds to pay for the ant-rejection meds afterwards, they don't get the donation. I understand the logic behind it, but it's heartbreaking for those who do not have the money.

Yes it's sad. He has to prove he has the $15k or no transplant. I'm trying to help, but without other help I fear the worst

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Donated.
It took my dad 7 years of dialysis to find a match, it ended up coming from an angelic complete stranger.
Absolutely saved his life, and improved the quality of it 10000%. We’ve had another 7 amazing years since he had the transplant.
The fact your friend has found a match so soon is a huge gift, I really can’t believe our system puts a dollar value on a life like that. Shameful. Please wish your friend my best.

Thank you so much!

I hope this works. His life is worth more than 15k

#7 5 years ago

Thanks guys you are the best!

Please share if you can on Facebook or Twitter.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I had a Kidney Transplant 27 years ago. Maybe times have changed, but the credit check thing is crap. Also, there are companies that make anti-rejection meds that donate and give free meds to people. There are tons of resources out there for financial and med support. The one problem our system has though and why so many people freeload from the government is because they are given dire choices. They can bust their ass and work 80 hours a week to afford good insurance or just not work and get all the help they could want. I've been there done that and having an ailment like this leaves you not much choice to have a normal life. Always hoops to jump through to make it all work.

We're trying to get him help with the meds but nothing is panning out yet.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

hailrazer I see that you are selling eight pins here and on Facebook, plus several arcade machines on Facebook. Are you donating any of the proceeds from these sales to help your friend? If people know that a close friend is making a nice donation it may motivate more strangers to donate

Yes but I don't want to point out what I do. I do not feel that is right for me to do.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from robin:

hailrazer I think it's admirable that you are selling some games in order to help out a friend. I'm happy to sticky this thread for a while and hope the extra publicity will result in some generous donations from our community

Thanks you so much! With this community's help I know we can help Stanley. He couldn't believe people that don't know him would help. I told him that all of the people I know in Pinball are quirky and intense, but they are also some of the most generous kind people I know.

Thanks

#26 5 years ago

Thanks to all that have donated!
We're getting there.

Please share if you can. It will help a lot

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Is there no way to send money via Paypal ??
It accepts only creditcard payment from germany.

Yes you can send via PayPal Friends and Family to [email protected]
Please be sure to make a note that it us fro Stanley Weavers Kidney Medication.

Thanks everyone.

Added over 5 years ago:

Sorry PayPal is [email protected]

#39 5 years ago

Please no more posts about the system of health care in one country or another.

This is about helping my friend. Nothing else matters right now to me or him.

Thanks to everyone for their help!

#41 5 years ago

Thanks guys!

With the current donations we are 1/15 of the way there in 5 days!

Thanks for the donations, kind words and love sent.

I sold a pin today and the very kind gentleman who picked it up donated cash. He saw the post here and wanted to help. So cool and awesome.

The Pinside community rocks!

1 week later
#44 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Donated by Paypal. Good luck to your friend.
I also have some kidney problems (CRF) due to uncontrolled diabetes, although I have not reached such serious extremes, it is really complicated.

Thanks so much for the donation!

I'm sorry you have kidney problems.
I've had type 1 diabetes for 25 years. I try my best to control it and so far haven't had any kidney problems. I hope it stays that way.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Donated a second time around, this time via paypal. Best wishes to your friend.

Thank you so much! You have been very generous!

We're getting there. Slowly but surely. I wish there was a way for more people to see this, but I'm not all that connected on Social Media. Hate to say but I've been avoiding it like the plague for the last 10 years. Maybe I should have been more hip and up to date.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Check your PayPal account and accept the money I sent you. It seems that if you do not accept it, it is in a "pending" state.
 [quoted image]

I don't see a pending payment on the account. And nothing was received that I can see.

Oh I see, it's [email protected] , you put [email protected]

Just cancel it and then send it to [email protected]

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#56 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Mhhh, I made a donation via paypal on 01-25-19 and today got a message that the money is also "pending".
[email protected]
Thats where i send the money to ... please advice

Sorry, it is [email protected]

I corrected the address in post #33

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hailrazer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-my-friend-get-a-kidney-transplant?tu=hailrazer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.