• 58 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ScreenHunter_063.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Luckydogg420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from neemypeemy:

Done. I only recently learned of the fact that before people can get an organ transplant, they have to go through a credit check. If they don't have the funds to pay for the ant-rejection meds afterwards, they don't get the donation. I understand the logic behind it, but it's heartbreaking for those who do not have the money.

I don’t understand the logic behind this. Nobody should have to die because of something as frivolous as money. The world is filled with money, but a loved ones health is a very special thing that nobody should have to suffer through. My wife’s friend needed a kidney transplant years ago, it took some time but he’s better now. I wish the best for you in finding a match and getting your friend the help they need to get well soon.

It’s so heartbreaking to me to hear these stories. If I lived 100 years ago, my wife and daughter would have both died on the delivery table during her birth. I thank science everyday for providing doctors with the tools to save the lives that they couldn’t before. If I didn’t live where I do, I would be financially destroyed from the help we received.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I hate it when people infer money is evil, etc. That's like saying a crescent wrench is evil.

I agree that money is not evil. A system where someone might die because they can’t afford treatment is, imho.

I help pay the medical bills 35 million people everyday through taxes, so that people don’t have to live with the fear of not having enough money to get well. But this isn’t the time or place for that conversation.

I simply feel that good health is more important then a fat wallet, and that without one you shouldn’t be refused the other. Lives matter, not dollars.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Luckydogg420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-my-friend-get-a-kidney-transplant?tu=Luckydogg420 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.