• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Stars Stern Electronics, 1978

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1441851366702.jpg
#1 8 years ago

A friend of mine named Russel had his Stern Stars stolen off of location. I do not know the details off of the theft but I would like to post it here for him since he is not a Pinsider. He is one of the local techs in Louisville and has done me a lot of favors so I hope this will help him. He is an asset to the local community and probably the last person who deserves this. Please keep an eye out for one going for sale soon.

#2 8 years ago

Here he is with the game.

FB_IMG_1441851366702.jpgFB_IMG_1441851366702.jpg

#3 8 years ago

THAT SUCKS!!!! I hope he gets the game back and the scumbags get caught. G.L. Joe

#4 8 years ago

Yeah Russel is an amazing person and Tech.

#5 8 years ago

That sucks

Is there a serial number for the game?

Be sure to check local pawn shops, antique stores, and scrap yards. Maybe ask them to notify you if it shows up.

#6 8 years ago

I'll see if he wants to post it, might be too risky of someone scraping it off.

#7 8 years ago

I bet that Stars is hungry and cold so far from home. So sad.

#8 8 years ago

Could you at least tell where the game was located?

#9 8 years ago

Thanks for starting this thread. The game was in Cave City, KY. Near Bowling Green. Russell is a great guy, so please be on the lookout in the KY/ Tenn area.

More details / info can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/TheZanzabar/photos/a.580949978603366.1073741824.113913301973705/1004315236266836/?type=1&theater

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

Thanks for starting this thread. The game was in Cave City, KY. Near Bowling Green. Russell is a great guy, so please be on the lookout in the KY/ Tenn area.
More details / info can be found here:
https://www.facebook.com/TheZanzabar/photos/a.580949978603366.1073741824.113913301973705/1004315236266836/?type=1&theater

Whoa, what is going on in the comments?

#11 8 years ago

http://www.wlky.com/news/police-code-enforcement-say-funtown-mountain-unfit-for-human-occupancy/35180538

I kind of skimmed through this but what I gathered is the owner of the location destroyed the place and is allowing people to come take souvenirs. They can't find him to issue the citations.

#14 8 years ago

This reminds me that I need to get pics of all my serials!

#15 8 years ago

Yeah What is funtown mountain and is there anything that I need? I like fun...and towns...and mountains.

#16 8 years ago

hmm I watched the video. Sad to see.

#17 8 years ago

Sad, hope he gets it back.....maybe they will be dumb enough to put on CL...

#18 8 years ago

We have this and the guy in Indiana who ripped off the buyer of the TFLE all within 24 hours, what the hell is going on in the Midwest these days?? I usually view it as the safest place to do business because people are overwhelmingly courteous, kind and honest but these two a-holes are ruining that reputation.

#19 8 years ago

Ok, so according to the facebook comments, this is what looks like is going on:

It was on loan to Funtown Mountain when Will Russell broadcast on Facebook that everything at Funtown Mountain was being given away for free so come and get it, and they did. There were other expensive and/or rare things on loan that were also given away, so the pinball machine isn't the only thing on loan to Will Russell that he stole.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Ok, so according to the facebook comments, this is what looks like this is what is going on:

Yeah, so its not like he can get them to claim it on the insurance because the owner gave it all away.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

The game was in Cave City, KY. Near Bowling Green.

I live in Bowling Green. There is not a lot of "selling pin action" down this way, so scuttlebutt probably won't unearth any information.

There are two major pawn shops here. I will check them out and tell the owners to be aware.
Mike in Bowling Green

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I live in Bowling Green. There is not a lot of "selling pin action" down this way, so scuttlebutt probably won't unearth any information.
There are two major pawn shops here. I will check them out and tell the owners to be aware.
Mike in Bowling Green

You're a good man, Mike.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Mike in Bowling Green

Awesome Mike!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 169.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-my-friend-find-his-stolen-stars-pinball-louisville-ky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.